Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headin' to So-Cal for Santa Maria....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Inferno Kustom Werks, Apr 10, 2009.

1. We're making our first trip to Cali in May and wondered what are some must do things while we're out there for Santa Maria and the following week. Any suggestions would be great...

2. A great road trip would be to drive up the coast (hwy 1) thru Big Sur to Monterey. Absolutely spectacular, Monterey is a bit touristy, but still a nice town to visit. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is pretty cool.

3. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

The Pacific Coast Highway is a "can't miss" . a couple of years ago while at Paso, I got dragged to see the Hearst castle at San Simeon. I really didn't want to go ..but I'm glad I did , it was pretty cool.

4. Lot's of great scenery and places to go north of Santa Maria, just driving the Coast Highway. Santa Barbra is also pretty nice. Not a lot going south of Santa Barbra except traffic.

5. How about any rod related stuff to see.....shops, museums, cruise nights etc......

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

Peterson Museum. NHRA Museum. Pomona swapmeet.

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

8. doctorZ

doctorZ

If you are willing to drive a couple hours south to LA, I would highly suggest hitting the Peterson Automotive Museum. It's pretty rad and they have some good exhibits passing through.
    -drZ

9. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

san fran is 3 plus hours and is just FUN! San Jose has a host of builders, etc... Gambino is there. BUT, everyone has pretty much said it... the PCH is great! I am stationed out here and try to run it about once a month.... BEAUTIFUL!

10. Thanx for the info folks...gonna be staying in Camarillo so we're central to most things. Gonna check the Peterson for sure and the PCH sounds like a trip!