Register now to get rid of these ads!

Creative use of sheetmetal to make roadster body, pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superduper88, Apr 9, 2009.

1. superduper88

superduper88

Anyone got any pics of roadster bodies made from various car sheetmetal like for example, say some guy built one using '60s Galaxie quarter panels or something. I've seen a few in magazines, and I think Street Rodder or R&C did a few renderings of the same idea.

Just trying to get some ideas, if 'ya got a pic or two please post away!

Thanks- John:D

2. zzford

zzford

Douglas County Dickheads car club
    -First and last remaining member-

I think your wrong there,John. I believe I am a member as well, though, I don't recall ever joining. I do know that people have been calling me a "dickhead" for years.

3. jeenyus

jeenyus
    from MN

My favorite car built from other car sections is the Atomic Punk. You've all seen it, and the guy is on here so makes it even better!

4. 52stude43

52stude43

We used 61 Ford uni-body box sides on our build , have more pictures in a gallery on our profile

Attached Files:

5. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I don't know if this is "creative" enough but I made the body from the cowl top of a '24 Chevy and the top half of a '27 Chevy grill shell. Ford six powered. In the first year of competition it was in 12 final rounds and won nine of them. But thats another story...

[​IMG]

6. superduper88

superduper88

OK, you can be in the club. Might be a bit of a drive from Fla though...........lol

Sweet cars guys! I was going to build a T bucket as a side project & started thinking about building my own body. One idea leads to another & soon I'm out back of the shop staring at old junk fenders & hoods & doors scratchin' my chin..... love the pics, keeps 'em coming!

-John

7. superduper88

superduper88

How 'bout from the evening crowd????

-John