Register now to get rid of these ads!

RUST in peace...TX yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tooslow54, Apr 7, 2009.

1. tooslow54

tooslow54

Not sure if it's a repost. A buddy sent me this photographer's link. I'm told it's a working yard and all is for sale. If you look almost all the way down you can read the phone # on the billboard, missing area code which is 940. Looks like there's some salvageable tin...

http://swtrans.zenfolio.com/p693569967

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

thats CTC or whatever north of Denton on I-35. Oh they are all for sale for sure, but asking price is usually 30-40x's what you'd expect to hear them say.

Forgot which piece of Cadillac or Riviera trim it was but I called them a handful of years ago. I expected to here $50-80-100-120 maybe????? Dude wanted $3k, I actually asked if he meant $300....maybe....(even though that was stupid high), nope $3k. I just hung up. I remember getting the piece off ebay sorry dont remember that price but lets say it was under $100.

cool pics though.

3. tooslow54

tooslow54

Yeah, I just talked with the guy that sent me the link and he told me the owner thinks everything's worth more than gold :rolleyes:.

4. Terry

Terry

The colors hurt my eyes

5. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Thats usually why these old yards are still around. High prices $$$

6. Slostang

Slostang

soo sad . i feel bad for cars like that because they will probably never see the open road again. soo many neat cars on the side of the highway in texas.

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

http://ctcautoranch.com/

Prices usually way too high. They want $2k for something you can pick up for a few hundred elsewhere. I guess if they get a few suckers a month it probably pays the bills and payroll.

I called them about a drivers rear fender for a '56 Ford Pickup. $600 he said. I got a pair for $100 at the swap meet a month later.

8. willys_truck

willys_truck

I passed by there the other day, man they have a ton of tin there!