Register now to get rid of these ads!

name this control arm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50bomb, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Drive Em

Drive Em

Another vote for the '72-'76 Torino. I have a '73 and the uppers look identical.

2. caseyrod

caseyrod

I am not a parts guy but GM along with the part#.my @ cents 1968 to 1972 CADILLAC,maybe

3. squid

squid

didnt most GM stuff use a shim pack instead of a slot for the upper control adjustment tho?
    maybe dodge d50?? if they were pulled from the car like they sit now then the uppers weren't in slides.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  4. caseyrod

caseyrod

I am not a parts guy but GM parts #.my guess is 1968 to 1972 CADILLAC or big gm cars

5. caseyrod

caseyrod

it looks gm. the holes in the bar is were the shims would go.i have a 1970 caddy and I thougth the bottom a arms look kind of peune but thats what gm use they sort of look like mustII but bigger .like i said Iam not a parts guy.but if you find ,please post it

6. squid

squid

actually most small pickups that would have had drum brakes would have been 6 lug.

7. Sorry to disappoint, I know a ton of them but sadly not all..

But I did recently do some repair work on a Pacer installed in a nice 40 Ford Coupe. Very fine front end :rolleyes:

It was narrowed a substantial amount, and still a bit wide. Had an early Pinto rack adapted to it, drove similar to pushing a beach ball down the road using only two sticks to guide it. I had to replace the bushings of which this being a V8 Pacer and the front lower bushings are not available through normal resources, so they had to stay because of the short amount of time I had to fix this problem car. And after curing the bumpsteer and poorly installed steering universals it drove much better. But not as good as a Mustang II front. < that I will put money on!

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/ELpolacko/1940 Ford Coupe Pacer/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sloorider

sloorider

The sway bar installation looks clean, though maybe a little small.
    I like how you cleaned up the rack mounts, the originals looked a little crude...

9. Really?

Your arm,

[​IMG]

Corvair parts,

[​IMG]

They do look similar?

10. sloorider

sloorider

Was just looking at the side body shots, the front wheel looks closer to the fenders than the rear does. Is this why you say it is a bit wide still?

11. Yeah, track width is still a bit wide. Tires rubbed too.

No idea how much they hacked out of the middle but judging from other shots of stock Pacers it's been whacked about 4+ inches!

12. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

I think Elpolacko nailed it: Corvair.
    Shock mount style makes it '60-'64.
    If the ball joint screws in it is early '60 or incorrect replacement for late'60-'64.

13. sloorider

sloorider

Good post 50bomb and thanks for your input ELpolacko.Nice to see pics of different front ends used.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009