Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Look what I saw!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you guys remember a while back,we had some fun with this guy...Well,he's selling his Merc! Now,i'm not trying to help him sell it or anything else like that,but I just found it funny what he has to say about his wheels...Check this out!
    "lowest Mercury out there..."
    "gets more attention than ANY high-dollar car..."
    "Handles like a Sports car..."
    "Take to any show and GUARANTEED to be in magazines..."

Pretty presumptuous,don't you think!!!

[​IMG]

I know this will probably get closed,but I was bored,hahaha...

2. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I like your Merc. better.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Handles like a sports car? Rocker panels won't last long.

4. RichG

RichG

...it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round...:)

5. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

this guy lives around the corner from me....kinda a jerk! to cool to say hi, to anyone or talk cars, the guy didn't even build it.

6. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

i have seen that car in many magazines and YES ,it is really low( lower than yours Bad Bob.)

who cares

7. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

bad bob,,so if you decided to sell your car,you wouldnt say positive things about your car?
    you wouldnt tell everybody about al the PHOTO SHOOTS with the models?!??!?!?!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i have not seen the car in person but from what i have seen the car looks ok in pics,,,
    its one of those "shock" cars......
    Oh boy this will get closed soon.....by the way whats he want for it??

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It's a cool car but the genius misspelled Gene Winfield...

10. sledish

sledish

Ebay $29,000 1 bid

11. I don't exaggerate...I just thought it was kinda funny cause we were making fun of how low it was at a Goodguys show last year. BTW,there isn't any rockers...

12. Low 40's...

13. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

is that the same merc with the astro supremes at the mooneyes irwindale this winter?...cuz that was a bad look!

14. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

yup same one

15. No. That belongs to HAMBer,Slick51. It used to have black,Ralley wheels on it.

16. This car always looked funny to me because the spent so much time on the chop and getting it to sit low, but didn't bother to nose the hood or remove the Merc badging.

17. Nope...That one has Olds caps on it,just like mine...

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

19. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

OK since I went to the trouble to search it out, here's the description
    item #
    <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ccccff"><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">130297621443</td><td valign="top" align="right">[​IMG]</td></tr></tbody></table>

Lowest Mercury out there. All Metal, Rat Rod, Kustom. Very difficult to duplicate this one. The car lays down to the doors, the roof measures only 47 inches. Absolutely no rust. This car has been in multiple magazines won awards, a calendar and it&#8217;s all over the internet. If you go to a show you are pretty much guaranteed to be in any magazine featuring that show. I have Owned car for 8 years, 4 years in the making. Chop 5inFront 6inRear W/Slanted posts, Channeled, Rockers Removed, and body mods by the Famous Jene Winfield. I kept mostly an original stock appearance up front. Rear is shaved and blinker/signal lights are almost invisible they are molded into the rear bumper. Original 1949 California plates. The paint is a Satin Black W/Candy Green/Gold flames W/Heavy Micro Flake. Striping on flames, hood, roof, and rear trunk are green. All paint and striping are by well know So Cal artist and painter Victor Cordero. Windows are tinted with all new rubber and glass. I have $6000.00 into the air ride, electronic quick valves, 15 gallon air tank, extra battery for air only, an oasis compressor, you can run air tool on this compressor. When you hit the 4 switches the car jumps up. Gas shocks all the way around. 1983 olds suspension with disk brakes, sway bars and 4link. The car rides and handles like a sports car, you will forget you are driving a 1949. Brand new Painless wire throughout with lots of extra circuits. 83 Olds 5.1 Liter Motor with automatic trans, new carb, electric fan, runs perfect this car has never broken down on me. I drove to Vegas and Paso Robles 3 times from San Diego. The interior is unfinished. I have all new gages, tilt wheel, rear seat is from Tbird front are customized bench seat. The dash is stock. I have all interior window garnishes and headliner hardware, all included in sale. Dyna Matt sound deadener throughout interior. This car is not a high dollar show car that can&#8217;t be driven. You can role this car to the shows and get more attention than any high dollar car. This car has a low reserve in the 40s. This car can&#8217;t be duplicated for this reserve amount.

20. 83 Olds running gear and suspension? Spare no expense! I wonder if Jene winfield or his partner Dyna Matt installed it for him.

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Needs full interior/garnish mouldings chopped and painted and vent windows bent and glass installed and door glass installed

and it's just a damn 83 oldsmobile now....29k he's been offered sounds like a lot to me

22. Flamed mercs', They're everywhere in my city;), now 36 3-windows they're no where to be found.

23. That's on account of us po folks can't afford em....

24. I ment that you drive yours everywhere and mine has been in my warehouse for a year. I'm planing a piano move/bar-b-que at my house but this time there's no piano. Haha

25. RichG

RichG

Now, how do you go about "roling" a car to a show? I'm guessing it involves lots of hair grease and rolled cuffs...:D

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

handles like a sports car like a bus full of Sumo wrestlers

27. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

bullshit...i could put that together for less than half that and there are many more guys on here who i'm certain could do it for even less. what a tool

oh, the 307 olds isn't a bloody 5.1 litre. it's a 5.0 according to the sticker under the hood of every car built that had one.

28. 61TBird

61TBird

Who's "Jene" Winfield????

29. vertible59

vertible59

Hey, you are right. Nice car, but that hood bird sux.:eek:

30. vertible59

vertible59

Yep, 40k sounds pretty "high dollar" to someone like me,:eek: who's perpetually broke!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.