Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pix from Tres Dias RockabillyFest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clysdale, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hey, here's an idea! Involve the locals.

2. Here is a link to my friends shop that did the caddy.

http://www.deluxecustoms.com/

Yes there is another greaseball in the works and some info will be coming out soon.

3. I found it hilarious how Phoenix New Times catorgized the whole thing, "cos-play"

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/events/tres-dandiacute-as-rockabilly-fest-2009-1015233/

As if anyone who is into this stuff is a COStume wearing roll PLAYer.

Oh, I heard one of the finalists in the pin-up contest was a transvestite! How awesome is that ?

I had a date with the floor in my shop, almost went just to see Dick Dale play as it seems he may be loosing his battle with colon cancer. Would have liked to see Hellbound and Deadbolt but for me and Lorna to go it was a bit much.

We went and saw T-model Ford play at the Rhythm Room for $10 a head!

4. desertdroog

desertdroog

HAHA! The New Times calls it like it is.

Unintentional Irony.

What? No Drag Racing at the event?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  5. Mike

Mike

6. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Sorry man...just the few in the flickr set...

And I agree with all you guys...they really failed to get the word out, and even try to include the local scene. I've never done an event that had such a small turnout....

I hope next year they sort this all out well in advance.

7. fish-vw

fish-vw
    from arizona

I want to say thanx for the response to my Buick.

As for the show I met some really cool people, and had a good time (a couple of friends, good bands and beer & I will have a good time anywhere).

I think the cost would have been fair if the show was up to what it could have been. I was searching for shows and came across this, never saw any advertising ANYWHERE, till the week before the show.

Maybe next time it will be better, but I think it will need a lot of help.

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hey, you joined the HAMB! It's all downhill now! hahahaaa

9. fish-vw

fish-vw
    from arizona

it was only a matter of time.

10. Lefty

Lefty

Great job on the pictures and helmet ! I haven't been to a show other than Safeway on 83rd Avenue since Austin Nostalgia Drags in 2003 I think.

I saw this advertised in AZ Weekly magazine at least 3 months in advance. I did not think 27.50 was too much for admission on Sunday. 3 day pass was 65.00 I think.

I went by this show on Saturday around six & it was not that crowded. They had booked a large amount of music so I went back on Sunday afternoon to hear Los Straitjackets & Dick Dale. Top notch music and closer to the stage than ever before. The Heymakers are always good.

I would have liked to have seen more cars and bikes but glad for what I did see. The black Cadillac roof was way cool and so were several of the bikes. Lots of good art. I hope it grows. Plenty of room but LOTS of asphalt.

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

I realize this is a year old but did you notice the new Ol' Skool Rodz did a feature on this in their new issue. Granted, that magazine is not the favorite on here but I thought it was funny that it took a year for it to show up in the mag.