Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Has anyone chopped a 1955 Buick Special 4 Door (post)?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51ChevPU, Jan 8, 2009.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'd rather see it with the portholes it is a Buick after all...

2. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

in the words of anchorman ron burgundy "agree to disagree"

i guess it really depends on what you're going for with the car as either mild or total custom ya know?

What i like about that buick is that its got subtle and not so subtle changes its different, and i think it still keeps the beauty of a buick. You're still going to see it and say "wow, thats a nice buick." not "is that a chevy? with buick bumpers, tail lights, trim, roof, rear quarters?"

3. Cody&Lauren Mohr

Cody&Lauren Mohr

Hey, I just bought a '54 Super 4 DR with a 4" chop. I LOVE IT!!! Looks great I think. I didn't do the chop, but from what I can see on the inside (no interior yet) they took in out of the posts and there are no welds down the roof at all. I'll probably run LEXAN front and rear because I'm cheap. By the way, LOVE the bare metal 6" chop. It's PERFECT!!! I'll try and get some photos to you of what mine looks like.

Attached Files:

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Buicks are one of my favs, I love the 50's buicks and olds. I have a 55 Olds 4dr right now that I am starting on and I like the size of the car. I think a chop on the 4 doors are badd ass and improve the looks of the car as long as it was done right, I like the heavy chops on some cars and the mild on the others. I just like to see a chopped 4dr car. My 2 cents worth is the portholes on a buick are a great part of the car, I even like the real ports when they are put on some 50's olds and other custom cars, looks good IMO.

5. bloodyknucklesslc

bloodyknucklesslc

Thats a good looking 54. Steer clear of lexan though. I have found acrylic is the better way to go. Lexan will bubble if you put heat to it, acrylic can take all the heat you can throw at it. I had to use a heat gun to help form the curves in the window. Good luck!

6. brokenspider322

brokenspider322

see you guys going on about the port holes. I love the classic buick look but its also in the curves man, just like the women. i've had this conversation with other buddies of mine about the port holes, also about frenching a buick. i never wanted to french since i've seen all the french kits on these '55s and it takes away the eyebrow look. don't think I would chop a 55 though, but a cali convertible is awesome, hahaha. so heres mine, let me know whatcha think

Attached Files:

7. bloodyknucklesslc

bloodyknucklesslc

I do like the frenched with eye brows

8. JVK54

JVK54

I'm having this debate with myself about my 54 Special fordor on a daily basis. BUT, my gut on it is , just because you CAN do something doesn't always mean you should. I want a chopped / sled bad. But, the sexiest lines in the 54 Special are the stock pillars , curved glass and swoop of the chrome trimto the rear wheels. I think the more you take that away, the more you wind up with the look of a squashed roof sitting on and old refrigerator (with portals) lying on it's side. Skirts suck on these cars too because they take away from the chrome "swoop" increase that rectangular boxy body effect and don't enhance anything...I'm really thinking that just 'chrome painitng the bumpers, doing some cool stuff to the grille, shaving the antenna and door handles, putting the ports back in(yessss!) ,air bags and a really awesome green candy, silver and black scalloped paint job would be the ticket for this car. If I need ta chopped ride to be happy , then I need to find the right 49-53 car to do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Grinder whites - came out great!
    [​IMG]

9. EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

the bare metal 55 super was wrecked so i found a a 55 roadmaster with the roof removed for sale .i bought it and took the roof off the wrecked one and put it on the roadmaster. know i have to just lower it......

Attached Files:

10. kavine225

kavine225
    from Arkansas

11. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

I saw this one at bullitproof...........I thought it was sexy as hell
    [​IMG]