Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Little o/t Hot Wheels New Nostalgia Drag Racing Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neglected Steel, Mar 14, 2009.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

In the blowing your own horn department, don't forget you can make your own! I did this PST for my brother n law's team... in an edition of 6 which were given to team members and sponsors. The Daniels / Bailey PST ran GOOD. Later, Gary

PS but NEVER again. It was just TOO hard for my tired old eyes to work in such a small scale.

Attached Files:

2. LowFat48

LowFat48

thats really cool , now if we could get them to produce Castronvo`s Utica flash , I could match race them on the floor

3. tiresmoke!

tiresmoke!

damn this thread.......LOL

Magneto's "Wilshire Shaker" has been an object of obsession of mine for quite some time.

Looks like Daddy and Junior's gonna do some shopping tomorrow.......LMAO

4. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

5. budd

budd

hot wheels needs to make a run of the top 10 HAMB cars..

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You know you might be on something there.....I hope my "T" is included.:D

7. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

I'm goin to target

8. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I second the motion.

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Here's a gripe;

Why did they cheap out on these?

Well, we know the answer, but man......
    I wish they had rendered all of these at the level of the now defunct, 100% Hot Wheels "adult" collectible standards.
    I was stoked to see the Wilshire Shaker right here on this thread, picked it up recently....CHUNK/GLOB front suspension, jumbo WIDE TRACK front tires etc... Some of the funny cars, although simplified, look good. Gotta say, the paint jobs and markings are well done!

10. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

yeah, I picked up 2 Wilshire's and 2 Strickler 65 Coronets at ToysRUs for the whopping tone of $21.xx Nice cars though. One of Coronets is going to be redecorated as Harrops Flying Carpet. :) (local racer who campained and wrecked 2 of them!)

11. Racing Champion did Phil & Freddy's Utica Flash back a few years ago. It only came in the 10 pack though. I'm going to have to make a few phone calls to see if we can't get it re-released in a single.... ;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  12. Ya know, that was pretty much left up to the owners too.... Every step of the process has to be approved by the owners and the designers are real easy to work with.... From the color of the car to the placement of decals, to the package itself. On mine, they even have the same lettering that Phil Durante did on it back then. That reminds me.... I'm gonna have to make sure I give him one.... LOL

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  13. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Damn, there goes more of my cash on toys.

14. T-Roy

T-Roy

I picked up Roland Leong's Funny Car and the Pure Heaven II car at Wal Mart about a month ago. I've had the Rat Trap car for a while, but recently changed the wheels and tires from the basic stuff.

Mike, that's very KooL your car was picked for the series. I'll have to look for it!

[​IMG]

15. Yeah, it's quite an honor.... One of the coolest things to ever happen to me!

16. Guess what came in the mail from Thailand today?
    Yup it's finally here! My old Race Car done as a Hot Wheels Drag Strip Demon!
    This is such an honor for me....
    It should be in stores for June!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Sweet cant wait to get it, i already have the first 15 i guess i better get the last 15

18. Cool, I just picked up the 100% Hot Wheels Fuel Altereds set yesterday. Is the Pure Heaven car the same size and quality as the 100% Hot Wheels like the Fuel Altered set?

19. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I saw the Wilshire Shaker up at the Parts House the other day but I didn't get it.:( Then I went back up there yesterday and saw Dick Landy's 1965 Coronet A F/X.I didn't get it either now I'm kicking myself.

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

sweet new line up, some are hard to find up here in the thin air.

21. If it's the same one that I'm thinking of, I would say yes. Any of the 100% line is very well detailed!

22. chopz56

chopz56

Man i quit collecting hot wheels about 7 yrs. ago and now that i saw this i have to go out and buy more,thanks alot the wife is going to love this madness all over again!!!! HA! HA! HA! Very Cool!

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That's what I'm saying, it's not, they cheaped out a bit....

Look at the pic of the Altered 2 car set with "Pure Hell" and look at the loose "Pure Heaven" car in front. It's a nice rendition, but the Pure Hell is a MUCH MORE DETAILED piece, with a more scale appearance.

The new Drag Race Collection is cool, just nowhere near as cool as the 100% Collectible line from a few years back!!

24. OK, I see what you're talking about now. The price point on the two cars cars is very different. The 100% cars are much more detailed and of course cost a lot more. The Pure Heaven car is a $4.99 car. It has "Real Riders" tires and the different type front wheels.
    I believe the 100% set was close to $20? With that price, it is able to be more detailed. Look at the "Rat Trap" car. That one is just a $1 car....

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Exactly! I wish the brass saw fit to do more of the "adult collectible" stuff, yeah, it's more money, but they are jewels! BTW, they did a good job on yours! How cool is that?!

26. Yeah, it is way cool! I mean for a guy who collects Hot Wheels to have a car done with his name on it.... WOW!
    I can die a complete man now.... LOL
    Thanx!

27. NITRO GARAGE

NITRO GARAGE

Hello MIKE, I sell the DEMON`s at drag races here on the west coast. I have a bunch of your cars and can`t sell them. No one out here know who`s car it is, I`m glad to find out about your ride. If any one is looking for your car email me at: [email protected] I like your car, it`s bitchen. NEWT out.

28. Thanx Man!
    They are going crazy here on the East Coast.... They don't last long in the stores. More of the Hot Wheels people want them than the Drag people. I guess I'm more famous for my books than the car.... LOL
    Try selling them at Toy Shows & Flea Markest and I think you'll get rid of them very quickly.
    Mike