Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sledbuilder, Aug 15, 2007.

1. chopcars

chopcars
    from new york

stopped in to see the new ride,it looks great,hard to find these cars in that shape anymore. cant wait to see it done

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Congrats on the find.. on the opposite scale as the 57... I think you would regret chopping it, but everything else you mentioned sounds great. A nice shave and lowering, some speed parts and load the family for a road trip.. (and just think no 3500rpms at 55)

3. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

Yep, plenty of family room inside this baby! plus user friendly to boot!
    -Jason

4. I always looked at it as like this.. if you're going to cut a car all up so it has to be painted, why start with a nice one? Some AACA guy could take that out right now and probably nab some trophies at a show like Marion this weekend. It seems like originality in an old car is valued above anything else, because like you said, it lasted this long without anyone messing it up.

Those Chevys are so common, it should be pretty easy to find another one, suitable for a custom, for next to nothing. I'm not saying you want to start with a total piece of shit, but if you're going to chop it and cut the firewall for a V8, a set of rockers and a couple floor pan patches shouldn't be a big deal.

I paid $200 for one that already came with a '56 235 and it was only 150 miles or so away from you... the bodywork was already done, done terribly, but at least it looks pretty. If I wanted a super-nice shell I'd buy one from out west, I see them in the $1000-$2500 range pretty regular. Might even do better than that on eBay, unless they're as perfect as yours they don't bring a lot of money on there. Even if I redid everything mine would need to be right.. one set of lower quarters, redo the floors, patch the tail pan, and replace the fenders, is all it needs.

But in the end it is your car to do with what you like. Just don't tell anyone what you started with after it's done -

5. Firecracker

Firecracker

That will be an awesome project!

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Congrats on the new find...Nice car!
    Dont mess with it man....Heres you answer right here....This car was 'suppose' to be coming to NY anyways...right Sam....lololol

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

maybe it MIGHT still be coming to NY?!??! :D:D:D:D

8. coolvato

coolvato

Congrats, I would do all the vintage speed stuff to the motor, slam it and leave the body as is, thats way to sano of a 52. Find yourself something you wont feel to bad cutting up. But then again it's your car build it to suit your taste..

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

well dis guy had dis car awhile....

lets see some updates with what you have done.

10. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

Beautiful Car! - put some lancer hubcaps and a smithy's or cherry bomb muffler on it and you're done :)

AB

11. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

i would run it like is for a while. i call it getting your moneys worth.
    just my 2 cents

12. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I agree. How about some chrome reverse wheels, maybe with baby moons...

13. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

don't do ANYTHING! its beautiful. I know my 52' Chevs too :)
    AWESOME!!

14. New Old Fart

New Old Fart

Does Jason even still have this car ?

15. Why? Cut up a 'cherry' Survivor? Not exactly what I would do.

Go find a beater and make it a custom. You get to restore the car and save another for the roads. JMHO. :)

16. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

What ever became of this.
    Looks nearly identical to my wifes pride and joy 52 deluxe.All we did was a 12volt conversion.lower it ,add whitewalls,caps,lake pipes and some under hood goodies otherwise very stock and runs great and she drives the heck out of all summer long.
    [​IMG]

17. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

Hey Fella's
    I actually sold this car about 2 years ago.. It was a very nice car and it only received a lowered stance and split manifold and twice pipes.. I also removed a few of the extra chrome goodies. I ended up selling it to another fellow hamber in chicago.. he has since sold it. I could bring myself to cut it up. When i sold it I bought my 64' belair.. which is on ebay as we speak.. fellow hamber "tony" snapped a bunch of photo's for me. I'm in the market for another tri-5. Which I may now grab from my pop's.. he has a real clean 55' sedan w/ small block.

-thanks jason

18. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

some people don't look at original post dates,but while I'm here, Anybody can restore a car, but it takes a real man to cut one up. MY 2c. I love em chopped , later