Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Brit Couldn't Pass it up... Anyone want to Photochop it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Apr 1, 2009.

1. James427

James427
    BANNED

Guy in my area was moving to Texas Tomorrow and had to dump this or pay to have it shipped so I got it for a song. Fun little runner with a lot of weird design items. Anyone care to show the Brits what they SHOULD have built with a little photochop? :)

Attached Files:

2. 61TBird

61TBird

How do you photoshop a better electrical system??:D

All it needs is wire wheels and a nice day.

3. lucus the prince of darkness LOL

4. James427

James427
    BANNED

LOL, suprisingly everything in the car works but the mechanical tach. I couldn't believe it!

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

I can do better than a Photoshop.

smoke2.jpg

6. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

Put it on the chopping block... ebay!

7. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Take the hood off so someone can photoshop a blown HEMI into it... That's all it needs :D

8. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Leave it alone and drive the shit out of it.

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

10. Take the fenders off
    Paint the wheels red
    Shoot it flat black

I've got ORS's number,if you want to set up a photoshoot,LOL....
    (just kidding! It's a cool car!)

11. hoof

hoof

Somebody on here has the signature "women, wiring by Lucas" and I think that is the best!

Cool car, wire wheels and one of those stupid old man hats and you are set.
    CHAZ

12. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Here you go. I even aged the picture for you to give it that vintage feel.

[​IMG]

Kurt O.

13. James427

James427
    BANNED

Hey metalshapes, those are some badass pics! Now I don't feel so bad about the off topic thread!

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

MG's have come up before.

If you do a Seach for them, you'll get some good Info... :)

15. +1000

16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You did check it over real careful to be sure there wasn't a VW engine hiding under that boot, didn't you?

17. RichG

RichG

What can you do to an MG to make it more racy? Those were pretty slick little rides in their time...:D

Attached Files:

18. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

TCs/TDs/TFs are all delightful little cars. I concur that yours would look better with some wires (60sp or 72sp), but I think you'll enjoy it 'as is' - take your wife out in it for a root beer float next Sunday. Buy yourself a tweed sport coat with leather patches on the elbows, a nice Meerschaum pipe, a driving cap, and attend the next Brit car meet. You'll have a whole new circle of friends, and you'll begin to talk funny.

Have fun

dj

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a sweet looking car but if it were me I would take it for one nice long drive on a twisty road and then flip it for a profit (unless you've always just wanted to own one). +1 on the wires, though.

20. [​IMG]

You absolute rotter! Just for that, I´m going to have to give you a damn good thrashing!

21. My dad had a 52 TD that he pulled the MG engine and put in a Volvo for more power. He also pulled the original suspension and steel wheels and put MG B steering and suspension w/wire wheels. I would keep it stock, it looks to nice to mess with. They used to be more popular a few years back but I think the people who were into them are getting to old to collect them.

22. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

IF you got it for a song I guess you would sell it for even less. (Great tax deduction).

23. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

V8 60 power , all the rage in the 50's ;)

24. stock bodywork and fenders......a Volvo rear end (some even come with disc brakes)
    new front end..MGB? to keep it in the family..or a Caterham/Lotus 7 style front end would give you great handling...you will need to beef the frame up waht ever you do as they are as flexible as a bendy thing thats got twisty diesese.....power should be sumat 16valve and a bit of a screamer with a 5 or 6 speed box...a turbo Cosworth lump (tunable to 500bhp with no real probs) would be just fantastic but pretty much any Jap 4 pot would work ...a Honda lump with VVT from an S2000 would work real well (and it revs to well over 9/10000 rpm)......wheels should be understated. JagDtype/Dunlop steels would work, Dayton wires may look good...Halibrands/slot mags and spindle mounts would work brilliantly and not really detract from the subversive look...Go out for a drive and do some shopping trolley/import hunting!!

alternativly drive it as it is till you break it/get fed up with the performance and then do the above!!

25. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice car. Leave it as is. Just my opinion. I own an original green '55 TF with 27,000 miles and factory wire wheels.

26. Looks lile too nice a little TD to fuck with it. Leave it alone and drive it or sell it and build what you really want.

27. SirPercy

SirPercy
    from ====

I say; what's my twin brother doing over here ??

Sell it old chap ! Especially if the chassis number starts with "TDC/xxxxx"
    An XPAG engine in stage 2 tune would give you the about same power as a V8-60 conversion, so the engine conversion really isn't worth the trouble.

28. Leave it alone. A fun little car, if a bit underpowered. The wire wheel hubs were problematic, leave the steelies on it.

29. Professor Fate

Professor Fate
    from the bay

You scoundrel! Imposter! Conterfeit and Fraud!!! :D;)

I think there is a thread on here somewhere that really dug into the TD's.

Yeah, especially if the chassis says TDC...

30. James427

James427
    BANNED

Here is the cowl tag. It says HPAG TD2 so I guess it is not the "fast" one huh? Here is another near me rotting on the front lawn of a run down home.

Attached Files: