Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you Used Chrome Paint?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbasher, Mar 24, 2009.

1. skwurl

skwurl

Ditto. It'll look like chrome. Only better

2. i would polish the aluminum also....I used the House of Kolor Kosmic Krome on the garnish moldings in my olds recently....I think they came out ok, not like chrome, but more like stainless....I wouldnt use the stuff on large focal items, but for accent trim, good for the cost...

Attached Files:

3. chevyshack

chevyshack

Here is chrome in a spray can. Looks better than it did as you can see the bumpers compaired to the grill. Just a cheap fix. I need a new grill. Mine is pitted and bent up in the corner. New one would be cheaper. Love the impala by the way. Even the wheels. I like billet.

Attached Files:

4. sunsetdart

sunsetdart

Got to remember........chrome paint is still paint!! it will dull, get scratches and eventually flake.

5. I painted my travel trailer wheels with spray can chrome paint. Lasted about a week and then turned gray. Michael Waltrip's race cars have chrome painted wheels and they look good but, of course, I don't know the process they use.

6. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Complete album (start at the end):
    Motorcycle painted using Mirra chrome

I was very unhappy with the results, and expressed this to the owner before he even came over to look at the finished product. He agreed, and in an attempt to save the flame layout that he did like, the complete job was covered in clear with pearl, then burgundy kandy, then recleared:

[​IMG]

Thats fucking sweet right there... Nice job.
    Dave

7. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Yeah, something isn't making sense here. Are there some badly pitted cast pieces that you are trying to save?

8. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Thanks guys: This Chevy has alot of anodized Aluminum pieces, that's why I'm checkng out the "House of Kolour" Chrome paint. But from the response looks like Platings the way to go. I'll give it a try on a couple of small parts first and see what happens. Thanks for the Info. The Old Tinbasher.

9. sherm II

sherm II
    from central Pa

I used the brand eastwood co. sells. I did bumpers hood ornament & pot metal grill parts, looks alot like the stainless parts on the rest of the grill. It has been one year and still looks as good as the day I sprayed it. I took my time and followed the instructions &recomendations, to use urathane clear for A final top coat. Eastwood co. has A vidio on their web site check it out at eastwood.comm hope this helps shermII.

10. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Eastwood sells a stripper to get the anodizing off of aluminum trim it's water based and works fairly fast. I used this process on the trim for a friend's '64 Chevy II. After stripping the trim we polished and waxed the trim before installation. That was 4 years ago and it still looks as good as the day we put it on. With a little work you'll be surprised with the results you can get polishing aluminum trim. But the anodizing is almost impossible to get off without the right stripper.