Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello all

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by wademp, Mar 10, 2009.

1. wademp

wademp

Hi, My name is Wade. I live in Elizabethtown Ky. I am 25 and LOVE traditional styled hot rods. When I say LOVE I mean LOVE. I don't have an old car yet but will be looking for one in the future. My dad has been taking me to car shows since I was a little kid and I have been hooked ever since. I also am really into motorcycles,tattoos, and guitars too. Well, I guess that is about it...just wanted to say hi.

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

3. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Wade, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

4. wademp

wademp

Thanks guys!!

5. SKULLZ

SKULLZ

Yes welcome! I wish I had started as young as you are. Keep us up on your projects. You can get alot of help here that doesnt exist else where.

Skullz

6. Welcome! I am familiar with Etown--I lived in Louisville 3 years while attending the Baptist seminary there, oldest daughter went to Campbellsville College.

7. wademp

wademp

That is cool.

8. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Hey from Bardstown. I'm only about 30 minutes from you. Give me a yell if you ever need anything.

9. Welcome to the boards

10. de-fenders

de-fenders

Welcome aboard!

11. wademp

wademp

Cool. I will be sure to do that. You do the same.

12. wademp

wademp

Ok. So I know that most of you are not into this car but I have seen a few on here and I love them. My fiance just bought me a 1964 Corvair as an early bday gift. How cool is she!!I have always been a fan of the early bodied Corvairs. Anyways, I have always wanted a corvair for the simple fact that back when my grandad owned a Chevy dealership he would always drive Corvairs home...generally no matter how cool any other cars were on the lot. I guess it is kinda a sentimental thing. My plans for it are this. I am going to be putting the Corvair on a 1978 Cutlass frame (same wheelbase-108") and will be running some sort of SBC up front. I don't want it to be insanly fast or anything, just a nice rumble. I know it will be alot of work but in the end I think that it will be pretty damn cool. I am thinking a flat navy blue for the body and a silver metalflake roof. I want white interior. As for wheels I am stuck. I really want some hubcaps and wide whites but I don't know how it will look. Any opinions? Anyways that is my car and I am excited to be building it. I am sure I will have to come here for some motor advice or something...

13. welcome from oregon