Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car clubs in Iowa?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, Mar 23, 2009.

1. stlroken

stlroken

Midwest Rods & Restoration in Wapello is starting a club..plan to cruise the area, I'm told
    319-527-7637. I've heard at least 25 members at first couple of meetings. May 8th is the
    first cruise nite in Mt.Pleasant. Big cruise nite at Sycamore Mall in IaCity on May 29. There will be several car clubs represented at these so just ask around and you'll find one.

2. Has anyone in the Iowa area seen my old roadster?

[​IMG]

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

The Kingpins are just across the river here in Moline IL

I see them over here in Iowa quite a bit

4. hemisedan

hemisedan

What about Vintage Rods out of the Quad Cities. Back in the early 70's I belonged to this club. They use to had a very nice Rod Run at the end of June, but that was moved and that's when I lost track of them.

5. hemisedan

hemisedan

When I was a young-un, I belonged to the Shifters Car Club there in Waterloo. The big prestigious car club then was the Ramblers Car Club. They put on car shows and were THE club in the early 60's. If you are interested in being involved in a car club, the Minnesota Street Rods, or the Iowa Street Rods are two larger regional clubs.

6. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Cedar Valley Street Rods is in Cedar Rapids.

My buddy and I started the Outsiders car club last year. Small but selective. You have to have or be building a traditional style pre war hot rod. That's it. No chicks / wives allowed. No scheduled monthly meetings, no street rods, no rat rods, no muslce cars, no mustangs, no bullshit. That's it. Just guys building and talking cars. :cool: