Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chopped and/or sectioned shoebox ford pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkmonger, Mar 14, 2009.

?
  1. chopped only

59 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. sectioned only

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. chopped AND sectioned

31 vote(s)
    29.8%
  1. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey "MODEL A" love your car!!!!!!! jonkmonger the one thing i didnt like about that car was the distance from the rear window back, i was going to cut it at the rear window and in front of the wheel wells and pull the whole ass foward and shorten it up and use buick wheel wells and side trim. i wish i had some pictures of one i chopped and sectioned and did the same thing to it. it makes the body look more in purportion. when i did it to the other 50 i had the buick side trim fits perfect no cutting . in fact i still have all the buick side trim off that car.just a thought it lots of work but cool when done.

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hey modelAfan I have heard about your car. Always wanted to check it out. The headlights look good in it. When I heard about it I was not sure how that would look, but in the pics it looks kool.

Anyone got pics of a purple one that was for sale in WI a couple of years ago? I found it at Iola and Jefferson WI for sale.

How about some more pics of sectioned ones, please.

3. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

Don't quote me for sure, but I believe they were off of a '56 mercury. I welded them on the body, they came out good though, all I had to do was pie cut a little to roll them on the bottom to follow the body contour. It's a bitch getting the wheels off. I'll never do it again. Haha!

4. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

Just picked this one up last week. Sectioned, frenched 59 Cad tail lights, canted Chrysler head lamps. It was a Dick Page car that was never finished. It's up at the shop, so I'll take more pics on Monday when I go back to work before we get going on it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  5. junkmonger

junkmonger

can you guys give me some dimensions on the section jobs on these cars?

OhioRiv, nice car! You can really tell the difference with it next to a stock height shoebox.

good ol boy, are those your shoeboxes? That last one with the purple(?) paint is really fine. What color is that?

b.c.b., I really dig that Dick Page car! I especially like radiussed rear wheelwells on these cars. I'd definitely like to see more pics of it.

madwagon56, can you PM me details about that mod? I might consider it. You're right, though; it sounds like a ton of work!

6. Not mine... the red one is owned by a guy from Bloomington, MN. I took that pic at the Back to the 50's show in '07. It has flames painted on it now, or atleast when I saw it last summer.

The other pic I saved from here on the HAMB, from someones show coverage... sorry, I can't remember who or where.

7. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

Not section, but everything else

Attached Files:

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Is it me or do sectioned shoeboxes look really odd? i dont know theres something about them that makes them sit strange....what am i missing?

9. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

Paul (hombres ruin) I totally agree with you, chopped low with no section is the way to go. In my opinion. I feel like they look too unproportioned, almost flattened

10. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

11. junkmonger

junkmonger

Sure, man! You can post those shots on my thread here, or start a new one if you want.

12. titus

titus

sectioned 5", and NO im not gonna chop it!

jeff

Attached Files:

13. junkmonger

junkmonger

I added a poll so you can vote on whether you like 'em chopped, sectioned, or chopped AND sectioned. :D

Titus: Nice section job, man!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  14. koolkemp

koolkemp

This car is beautiful...very mild looking and subtle, but if you are a custom fan you can sure appreciate all the metalwork that has been done.

15. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

My 50 Tudor Chopped HT

[​IMG]

16. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Wow. That is perfect.

17. junkmonger

junkmonger

I hope mine looks half that nice when it's finished. The only thing I would do differently is radius the hood corners and maybe doors. Awesome metalwork!

Swedeshoebox, I like your 50 hardtop. How does the glass work? Do you have to roll the window down slightly to open the door? What did you use for chrome trim around the window openings?

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i sure do see a lot of garbage here... sad to think there used to be points for taste

19. twochops

twochops

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Sectioning this one makes it look like a completely different car

20. Davester

Davester
    from PDX

How much did you lower it?? Looks good.

21. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

oh............nevermind...........I luv em all

Attached Files:

22. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

Sorry for the delay in more pics (I just got home from the hospital yesterday) but here are some more. I'm not 100% on who did the sectioning but I have been told it was not Dick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. junkmonger

junkmonger

Nice shoebox, Lemming249!

B.C.B., that one definitely has possibilities. I think I'd skip the 59 Caddy tail lights, though, since they've been overused. I would look at 52 Buick, 56 Pontiac wagon, 50 merc as a few other options. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise, I think it's going to be a cool car. What do you have planned for bumpers?

24. chad

chad

Chopped 4 1/2'' ,hardtopped and sectioned 3''

[​IMG]

25. vertible59

vertible59

Anyone on here from the Douglas, Georgia area? If so, do you remember the sectioned, full custom shoebox that was there for many years? The car also had '49 Caddy rear quarters, pancaked hood, molded in '50 or so Nash grill, molded in connie kit between the extended Caddy fenders, and the greenhouse was shortened instead of being chopped. The car also had '58 Thunderbird seats and access to the trunk was via fold down rear seat.
    As you can tell from this description, this was one wild piece. I first saw this car in '68 or '69, running and driving with flathead power. Tried to buy it, but it (was of course) not for sale. Later, re-discovered it sitting at a rooming house and someone had butchered up the firewall in an attempt to install a Caddy engine and trans (still not for sale). Then in '76 or '77, found it again, sitting beside a house that was located behind a junkyard on Westgreen Hwy. The person at that location said that the Ford was an original California car that a family member had driven across the country and that he was going to restore it. OK, fast forward to '86. A friend told me the car was now located off HWY 32 toward Fitzgerald. I was living in NC then, so when I came in to visit my mom, my pal took me to the custom's present resting place...beside a house in a hog lot! Still not for sale! The last time I saw that old Ford was around 2000. It was sitting at a local trim shop, in Douglas, and some one had started working on it (finally!). I didn't even stop to look, because the car was sporting a newly installed vinyl top and I didn't want to lose my breakfast. I have some old pix of this car somewhere, that I will post if I can locate them. Truly, the one that got away.

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

this fucker is also widened,believe me!

27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

28. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

business coupe.
    sectioned only.

-scott noteboom