Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie with alot of cars ;-)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Cherokee Coachworks, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Well howdy, I don't know what to write here so there... I've got lots and lots of cars, I was born in a car, lived in a car till the state made my hippie parents get a house, and spent most of my adult life in cars. I love things with wheels!!! I recently got my dream shop built, 30x40 not huge, but plenty enough space. I'm still waiting to get my lift, but i've been using jackstands my whole life, so it's not too big a deal. Currently working on 3 cars at the same time... A pristine 37,000 mile v.w. thing (doesn't need much from me), a nice solid 1950 chevy styline 4 door, and a 1959 bel-air. The bel-air has taken a back seat to the 1950 for the time being though. Check out my Profile for all the cars i've got right now, if ya need 1959-1960 pontiac parts, man oh man am I your guy. I guarantee that I have more of these parts than anyone else... period.

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

CherokeeCoachworks, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

3. yeah, thanks man. I've been looking on the forum for a while now, figured i might as well join.

4. nvra82

nvra82

Cherokee,
    What part of WWNC do you call home? I grew up in Hot Springs, NC, joined the Air Force in '68, retired in '88, and now live in the Greenville, SC area. I restored a 1940 Ford coupe round track car years ago and raced it in vintage shows between '95 and 2000. Recently had a 40 x 24 shop built that will be where I hope to start work on a '47 Chevy coupe as soon as it dries up this spring.
    NVRA82 in Pelzer, SC

5. Welcome--where in western NC? Have a good friend who teaches at Mars Hill College in NC, another friend who was formerly pastor of First Baptist Church in Asheville, another friend who grew up at Saluda, NC. Saluda's claim to fame is the steepest mainline railroad grade on the North American continent.

6. yeah, i'm near there, a little town called murphy n.c. it's as far west as a person can go in the state. Nice area, i've lived all over but was born here and inherited land here so i'm here to stay. If anyone is ever in this area and wants to come say hi, or has a problem and needs a dry place to work on their car you are all welcome at my shop. I might even come pick you up if i'm in a good mood ;-)

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

you sound like pretty laid back dude. welcome to the hamb.

8. Welcome to the HAMB from Hank in Pennsylvania.

9. axe grinder

axe grinder

Welcome aboard Cherokee.........Man this is weird,..I just got home from being on the road all week ,jumped on board to check things out and see your intro,NOW...earlier this week i come across a 60 pontiac 'ventura' in a field next to where i'm unloading.never heard of the ventura before[thought it was a bonny] car was in a barn up to 6 months ago.from what i can tell it needs rockers an l-f fender. otherwise real good shape.hard to get parts or what? / worth? you can PM me if you want. thanks!!

10. Hey, Welcome. That VW THING must be due to something in your blood that you got from your hippie parents. Just about always see them in street scenes in old 1970s TV cop series.

11. 31whitey

31whitey

Welcome from Wilmington...

Nice area your from.

12. chevy3755

chevy3755

welcome to HAMB land......Larry from Ohio

13. hey thanks for all the nice treatment here. yall got me worried though, when does the hazing start? One thing about my THING... that baby still has the original tires on it!!!

14. ..when you start posting about the VW:D
    Welcome!

15. LincolnYblock53

LincolnYblock53

My admiration of German engineering is sincere...But it ain't a V-8. Best wishes with new enterprise. "So many cars, So little time and money"

16. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Welcome from Still Runnin!
    Go snap some pics of the shop and all its toys
    (hint) we want to see.

17. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Oh yeah totally I wanna see the back 40 where you keep all these cars!

18. timbo

timbo
    from PA

welcome from PA......

19. krazyscustoms

krazyscustoms

Welcome from a newbie to a newbie from Hendersonville NC

20. welcome from oregon!