Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scroungers Blowout. Auckland NZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rckt98, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Rckt98

Rckt98

Some pics from todays blowout.

Attached Files:

2. Rckt98

Rckt98

A few more

Attached Files:

3. Good day out at the Blow Out today.
    The Scroungers are a traditional hot rod club and they have hosted the Hot Rod Blow Out for a number of years now to celebrate NZ's hot rod and drag racing history.
    KiwiKev on here is also a member.
    Each year, they induct a notable person to the NZ hot rod/drag racing industry.
    This year it was John Reid, NZ's most profilic rod builder who started his career with Vandal - see here;
    http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3562&page=1&pp=10
    He now has a rod shop called Rods By Reid in Tauranga, New Zealand.
    The next person to be inducted was Dave Chung who along with a previous inductee, Graham Berry, founded Berry & Chung Speed Equipment. Dave was a hot rodder and drag racer of the sixties and seventies and together with Graham, they produced many products under the Berry & Chung or B/C name.
    Pics coming soon

4. Rckt98

Rckt98

And more. The Green & White 56 Olds 98 is mine.

Attached Files:

5. Rckt98

Rckt98

Gee Greg that was quick. I didn't see you there today but I miss a lot in my old age. They tell me your truck is going back to US, a reciprocal deal I hope?????

6. Yes I was there all day clicking away for www.nz-hotrod.com. We had also done a full week at the Beach Hop too.
    Yes, the pick up is going back to the USA. It is the result of a couple of rodders further down country that didnt get things their own way with their LHD fibreglass car. The commotion that they have stirred has effected a large number of cars.

My car was put on the road with an original Model A frame then we rebuilt with the scratch built frame. Thats the problem, however the clause in the law is supposed to be getting ammended. Everything done on the car is legitimate and I have always used someone other than dad to cert the car to prevent any finger pointing.

I was very fortunate to have a an American guy that has wanted to buy it for a long time - so thats it - problem solved.

Anyway, I will post my pics soon

7. More, more! I need a fix bad!

8. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

Niiiiice !!!! :d

9. Here are some more from me
    Feel free to ask any questions.....

Attached Files:

10. And some more

Attached Files:

11. Some more

Attached Files:

12. Yep, a few more

Attached Files:

13. Rckt98

Rckt98

Kev, here are a few more. Great day, we are enjoying an Indian summer, beaut weather.
    Russell

Attached Files:

14. Rckt98

Rckt98

[
    Yes, the pick up is going back to the USA. It is the result of a couple of rodders further down country that didnt get things their own way with their LHD fibreglass car. The commotion that they have stirred has effected a large number of cars.
    Greg, I have heard about it. It's a shame that the ego's of a few have the potential to fuck up what is a great sport (hobby). Cheque book hot rodders?????

15. Russell,
    Yep, we have it all pretty good here.
    Sometimes people realise how good we had it once its gone.
    Not chq book rodders though.
    Anyway, plenty of positives to look up to.
    On to the next project(s)
    Greg

16. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Geat pictures of your show,really enjoy seeing new different rods from around the world.

17. I would love to see some pics of the B/C parts display.

18. woody2

woody2

;) Great pics guys, Got any more ?

19. Was an awesome day. Great to catch up with a few, but as usual, many things to do on the weekend and only managed to stay 'til mid day.
    Thanx for the pix.
    C

20. 63Compact

63Compact

Thanks for the pics. One day I will pop on over to N.Z.

21. Ahh the Scroungers.

Killer period correct rides in a great setting.

Im with 63 Compact - gotta get my ass over there one day.

Rat

22. Fenderskirt

Fenderskirt

Hey Kev, Chris was throwing his hand in the air at the auction for one of the Berry & Chung pieces. With the prices he was bidding we thought he was doing a phone bid for you!! He didn't win it but he gave it a good go!

23. 55olds88

55olds88

exellent day as per usual, I really love the venue it works so well for this show.
    Good to catch up with a few folks one year it would be nice not to be working the stall !!! would have been good to hang around too, but the home fires were calling, been away from the kids since Thur and they were looking for some dad time.
    Damn those 56 Old's are everywhere :)

24. great to see the weather was perfect fof both events. i gotta do @ least one next year. untill then, ill have just have to enjoy the pics. awesome pics, guys.

25. flatoz

flatoz

there so 2008 aren't they :D

great pictures, and one of the few events I will work towards attending, nearly got there the other year, but it fell in a heap.

26. 97

Just for you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Thanks 97! Wish I could have been there. I thought the b/c display was a great idea and the Dave Chung and John Reid inductions were important. Any more pics anyone?

28. tanalised

tanalised

Hi
    as stated on NZ forum, I'm working on some photos and will post more soon.
    Meantime here's one

Attached Files:

29. Hey Kiwi Kev,
    Here are some more
    Greg

Attached Files:

30. And a few more

Attached Files: