Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see them 38-39 Ford trucks...PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Mar 27, 2009.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Well if the weather holds out down here on the Texas gulf coast i might get lucky and squirt a little paint Sunday evening.Has of now my 39 Ford 1/2 ton is in about 30 pieces and scattered on the floor all over the shop.I am a little weary about posting until she is painted out,but when she is i will post the thrash thru out.She is pretty plain jane has of now so if any of you guy's can post a few pic's of some really nice 38-39 1/2 tons i could really use a little inspiration on the last leg of my build.If not please recomend a few good sites i could check out.Thanks for any and all help!!

2. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Here mine that I just sold.

Attached Files:

3. BBobb

BBobb

Mr.Ed that truck is very nice.I am sure a few tears dropped when you two went your separate ways.My truck will look a whole lot like yours,but i think i am going to paint the body and bed satin black and then hit the fenders and running boards with the highest gloss black i can get my hands on

4. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Here are a couple more pix. The truck just sold today, and yes I hate to see it go, but I've been out of a job for some time now, and no end in sight, so I had to.

Attached Files:

5. BBobb

BBobb

Again sir,very nice.I hope mine comes out half has nice when she is finished

6. speedy pete

speedy pete

Sorry I am in the picture. Only shot I have in my computer. Good luck on your build.
    Pete

Attached Files:

7. BBobb

BBobb

Very nice also.What power plant are you running

8. Muttley

Muttley

My old '39, bought from HAMBer El Rusto. It lives somewhere back East now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Pete, are you throwing down signs in that pic? :rolleyes:

10. Found this one in a ravine, hope nobody notices that it's missing...

Attached Files:

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Muttley, that truck is...how you say(?) SEXY!
    Well, maybe not sexy, but really, really cool!

12. carbuilder

carbuilder

Here is a couple of pictures of a set of 41 COE front fenders I am re working for a customer. The 48 COE in the back ground is another customer project.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  13. speedy pete

speedy pete

Power plant is 8BA, +.080, max 1, rochester 2gc, eab heads

14. speedy pete

speedy pete

Gang sign for the over 65 guys. ???
    Pete

15. Muttley

Muttley

The credit goes to El Rusto, he built it.

16. My avatar at left is the only photo of my truck I have on the computer. Just an old work truck that was rode hard and put up wet. I think any truck looks better lettered for some business either real or fictitious, so mine is lettered as a shop truck for Drake Motor Co., the local Ford dealer in prehistoric times.

Wideglide--looks like a fairly solid cab you pulled out of the ravine. Is it a '38 or '39? '38 has ashtray in middle of dash, '39 does not; '39 windshield regulator handle is just above the ridge of upper dash panel, '39 has a round knob up on top; '38 had laminated cardboard inside door panels while '39 had stamped sheet metal panels.

17. chub chub

chub chub

Sorry to hijack but... How rare/valuable are these trucks. Does anyone have any poduction numbers, specifically on the 38? I'm thinking about buying a 38 if I can come up with the money. It's got a decent running flathead and a four speed. Body is rough but pretty solid. Does $6500 sound fair? I can't find many to compare it to.

Attached Files: