Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you steal from the kitchen???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdchazer, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 343w

343w

Late at night after all is fast asleep, the dishwasher makes a great parts cleaner, just make sure your up early to empty it before wifey wakes-up,shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

2. he he he Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission :) :)

3. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Frosting knife it's thinner than a puddy knife and more flexible for scraping gaskets especially if sharpened and it's Stainless Steel.

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Some how all the plastic bowls end up in the shop very weird.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Nothing

thats my story,,.. and im sticking to it

nothing to see here..nothing to see

6. Bill H.

Bill H.

I tend to have that problem too.?

Also the 5 qt pot and hot plate for pancakes ends up in the shop more than you can imagine. Makes easy way to bend plasic parts, stabalize patinas on my copper work, and for giggles, i use the arm and hammer baking soda before she even gets to open it. Great staballizer for rust removal and patina stop out.

BH

7. loburban

loburban

It ain't stealin if you bought it in the first place its just relocating or annexing to the garage.

8. ct

ct
    from minnesota

Turkey basters, zip lock bags.

This started as a kid when I needed the family's clothes iron to wax my snowboard. I weighed the virtues of speed versus the need for us to be well dressed. The decision seemed logical.

9. mine is just the opposite, I bought a large bag of soft shop cloths to wipe down the car with, she found them and took them into the house for cleaning things in there, I never got them back.

10. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

The Scotch-brite sponges, perfect for cleaning WWW tires, a few kitchen knives, dishwashing liquid stuff you put in the dishwasher (that and Greased Lightning makes the best concrete cleaner:D), and 2 or 3 pair of scissors.

My wife has her own toolbox full of screwdrivers, pliers, cordless drill and picture hanging stuff but somehow when I want to work on the house I never can find my claw hammer so I grab hers. I figure I have either Alzheimers or a gremlin running around taking my hammers.:rolleyes:

Everytime she looks at her toolbox she starts griping about her hammers and she is tired of buying them!!

11. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Sometimes I come into the kitchen and I see her bent over the oven in her nightgown pulling fresh baked cookies out of the oven and the MAN in me just can't take it. Yep I go over and push her aside and eat me some cookies.

12. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

I know better than to "steal" from the kitchen! My Wife jealously guards "her tools" as much as I do mine. Therefore, the kitchen, house-type stuff I have in the garage are duplicates of the "tools" in the house. The stuff I have in the garage:
    Scotch Brite pads for cleaning.
    Wal-Mart metal paper towel rack x2 for paper towels and the blue Shop Towels
    Plastic freezer bags, qt. and gal. sizes to keep parts and bolts together. The bags with the write-on labels tell me what my memory forgot.
    Soon to go out and buy a turkey baster for my own.
    Sewing tape measure. Its more flexible than a carpenter's retractable tape.
    Good pair of scissors.
    Grandpa's home-made hog-butchering knife.
    Kitchen-type knife sharpener.

I'll probably think of more stuff later.

13. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

used one of her two layer cookie sheets for a heat shield on her Chevy/Jag...worked good.

14. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

more like the other way for me. i'd lend her a tape measure, then i'd never see it again.
    then i got pissed and got smart. for christmas i bought her a plastic toolbox (so she wouldnt damage every wall in the house) and some cheap tools you see at the swap meet.
    got her a couple tape measures (now missing). now i say "dunno where it is, where'd you put it since you last used it?" i'm off hook. cleaning stuff now says "garage" on it with a black sharpie. pots and pans i grab when the teflon dies and before it goes in trash. i even have a seperate broom and dust pan. my system seems to work since i know where my shit is when i need it.

15. The turkey roasting pan works great for soaking carb parts in she wont miss it until next thanksgiving that gives me about 3 days to get it clean while the bird thaws

16. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Don't know about stealing, but I took this picture night before last.. my wife is out of town on a business trip, and there is no better place then to mock up the engine then the kitchen table. :D

Hey, at least I used an old towel to keep the kitchen table clean.

[​IMG]

17. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

..........x2

18. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

That's totally me! By friday you can't see the top of the work bench...

19. weldtoride

weldtoride

Variation of frosting knife mentioned before: old stainless table knives, sharpen end in chisel fashion, make great small scrapers for getting into area larger blade won't, can't beat price.

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Calories. Grab as many as I can , take them out to the shop and burn them. Haven't got caught yet.................I try to not leave evidence:rolleyes::)

Frank

21. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I don't usually take stuff out, but I DID bake the '36's exhaust manifolds in the oven for an hour and half to cure the high temp paint. It smoked and smelled pretty oily, but my wife didn't mind 'cause I took her out to dinner and a show while the house aired out!

22. phukinartie

phukinartie

Oven cleaner paper towels and glass cleaner...She is so cute when she comes in to the shop and says Haaaauaay!!! where did that come from????....I dont know why she buys oven cleaner we have a self cleaning oven

23. rodknocker

rodknocker

oven cleaner X2 to get 59 years of shit off of my front end.

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Since im out of a job ive actually took up some cooking... No way is anything going to the garage I need that shit in the kitchen... :)....
    Dave

25. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

My wife just informed me that I steal red cloth napkins (I use them on metal that is to long for my truck bed). And I also use the dish washer to clean stainless parts I have polished this really pisses her off rouge gets all over every thing.

26. Abomb

Abomb

Glass measuring cups........They work great for properly mixing paint.

27. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ok its not tech week i dont think but since you mentioned it try this. It will keep the wife happy.. Go to the hardware or lowes ,menards anywhere that has one of those steel and aluminum racks... Buy a piece of aluminum 1 inch by 1/8 by like 2 ft or even 3 foot cause if you aneal it with a torch you can use the rest for brackets (it bends when anealed without breaking) .
    Ok find a paint stick . (might as well make it look correct and be the correct length)
    measure off evenly spaced places on the stick. 1/2 3/4 usually works pretty good. Stick the piece in a vise (if you mark em with a sharpie and a square this is really easy) then take a hack saw and make lines on it up as far as you figure you will need. (look at a ppg mixing cup ) . When your done take a piece of sandaper and knock off the rough edges from the hack saw and you should be good with your own gradiuated mixing stick.
    (disclamer) if you cant count or figure out the ratio dont pm me and tell me im an asshole cause i know that already :)...not trying to hijack here just help a little so this guy keeps getting layed :)

28. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Come on guys, fess up, there's just no way that I'm the only one here who has run a bunch of engine parts through the dishwasher.....

Bobby

29. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

towels, the oven to bake on paint, sos pads, pots to catch oil, really if it is not in her hands at the time it might make it to my garage

I am all but banned from that room of the house- and the laundry room to because I toss my shop rags in with good laundry.

30. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

I'm not admitting to that one, but the wife did ask once if she could use the parts cleaner (automatic one with water/soap) when the dishwasher in the house was broke.. She understood it was not a good idea when she saw the recycled water in the parts washer.