Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Liquidation of crane cams, inc. .. :-(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Mar 25, 2009.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

LIQUIDATION OF CRANE CAMS, INC. ANNOUNCED

Complete High Performance Camshaft Manufacturer
    All Machinery, $2+ Million in Inventory, 16 Trademarks & 3 Patents for Sale

LiquiTec Industries, Inc. has been engaged to liquidate the assets of Crane Cams, Inc., one of the world's largest independent manufacturers of camshafts, valve train components and electrical ignition systems for the performance industry. Established in 1953, Crane Cams® is a brand name recognized for high quality, precision products that are race-proven to withstand the rigors of competition. Product applications include automotive, motorcycle, marine, aircraft and other specialty markets.

The sale includes all machinery; all raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods including over $2 million of high performance and racing application engine components including camshafts, rocker arms, lifters and other parts for most GM, Ford and Mopar engines; 16 patents and three patents.

LiquiTec is accepting bids now for inventory, trademarks and patents. An auction sale of all remaining inventory and machinery will take place on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at the company's former headquarters in Daytona Beach, Florida. The sale will also be broadcast over the internet via BidSpotter.com. For more information or to register to attend the sale, contact LiquiTec at (800) 852-9252.

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Wow, you would have thought they would restructure their debt and keep going. Wow.....

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

That really sucks the big one ! Hard to believe after all these years crane will be history ! Sounds like they don't even want to try to make it and gave up ! Really SAD !!

4. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

Sadly, industry in this country is going down the tubes. :(

5. synthsis

synthsis

At least they didn't cheap out and source all manufacturing to China. Go down guns a' blazin.

6. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Son of a bitch.
    Well why not, it's just another icon of the hotrodding world, yeah! Why not!!
    Shit.

1shot

7. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

That sucks. Used them for years. Guess I better start learning to read Chinese.

8. rick finch

rick finch

Where is ol' Harvey now?........ Turning over in his grave I suspect!:mad: Met him in 1976 at Tognottis' Speed Shop, he was wearing the first digital watch I'd ever seen. ( funny all the stupid crap I remember!)

9. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a thought.....65000 + members @$50.00 each =3,250,000
    We can call the company HAMBCAMS
    "at HAMBCAMS we're really eccentric"
    Just a thought....back to your regular program

10. fef100

fef100

Nope, just start coughing up a bit more for American product. It is worth it in the end.

11. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

12. Put that on the list will the 200.00 dragstrip in TX we we're going to purchase as a group.

I thought they were closed for a few month to re-organize then reopen.

The Harley parts I'd get from them were great.

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

What a shame! I think Harvey has a consulting co. or did he pass?

14. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

last i had heard they were going to reconstruct and re open..holy shit i cant beleive they are closing.....for good. ........................................john

15. That's why up here in Detroit (and around the globe for that matter), no one wants to go C11, because there simply is no D.I.P. financing out there right now...so for nearly any company that goes C11 right now will soon be C7 and in liquidation because there simply is no bankruptcy financing currently.:mad:

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

If your biggest customers (big 3 automakers) are broke and going under, then it might not be a good idea.

17. flip7262

flip7262
    from Minnesota

Wouldn't they put something on the website?

Junkyard

18. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Search here on the HAMB for the rest of the Story. Harvey Crane hasn't had anything to do with Crane cams for years .
    One political point though,Englands pound is heading down fast because England sold off all it's industry years ago. It has suddenly dawned on the pricks that trade shares etc that England doesn't have any wealth creation going on so the pound ,to them,is worthless. Same will happen to the US if you guys insist on shopping at harbour freight etc. Save your pennys and buy Quality not cheap and save your economy and country at the same time.

The Chinese have already made noises in the last two days that the Chinese currency should be the world standard instead of the US dollar. Think about that for a while.....:(

19. rick finch

rick finch

Harvey still alive? I thought he had passed on, if he is alive what do you think he feels right now?:eek:

20. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

21. Crane himself was still kicking a couple years back. A pal from up here sat in on a cam theory class he taught at his Hangar down in Florida.........here is an average Joe from Sodak sitting with many top NASCAR engine gurus learning from a master!

22. 19Chevy57man

19Chevy57man

Gees'... What am I going to do with all those Crane Cams racing decals I have been saving all these years, I was planning on plastering them on my future A/FX Dodge project. Oh well I might as well use them on my P/T Cruiser.

23. wow ! so much for restructure

24. Truckedup

Truckedup

That was dated yesterday,more confusion,yes, what is correct?

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

26. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

i dunno anything about their restructure, but maybe they are liquidating all the old "everything" and starting with a fresh sheet of paper in some place where they can manufacture cheaply, like china.
    if crane was indeed supplying the major manufacturers their parts, it was probably too hard to make the bills when when you get stiffed and/or only receive partial payments after 90 days.
    the big 3 have been terrible to suppliers for decades now. chrysler as a matter of fact is having issues with suppliers because no one will do business with them unless they have cash on the barrel. thats a hard thing to come by these days.

27. Truckedup

Truckedup

This comment from the article says alot
    Crane's management wasn't looking towards the future and making changes.That or they just didn't give a shit or couldn't afford to stay in business..

28. RAY With

RAY With

The snow ball is close to the bottom of the hill now after many bad American Government deals. The first major problem was the tariff lifting on imported cars-parts and goods. No, American business can or will ever be able to compete with foreign labor and manufacturing cost. So to reduce cost our companies went over seas for electrical and automotive hard parts to help reduce manufacturing expense. Almost every thing made in America has been farmed out to foreigners. All of the big three have plants in Mexico and over seas because they can make it there using cheap labor and ship it back to America and still make more money. The snow ball is still rolling but close to the bottom now. The Japs shut down Americas steel mills and that was the first big hit to out economy years ago. Until we stop this practice we will never be the industrial giant we once were. It very sad to see our icons go under but this is just the start the way I see it.

29. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Priceless!~ :D