Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you bringing this year?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Glen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. SHRUM

SHRUM

If I can keep it together.

Attached Files:

2. Thanks Atch, I'll think about it. And I do too.

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Wouldn't be quite the same without your coupe there. And your race goggles! I hope you can find a way to get it there to make a few passes.

4. Even if the coupe isn't there I'll still bring the goggles and pretend.:D
    If I had my damn drivers license I could take it on the trailer but noooo, the PD here said I couldn't have it for a while sooo..... oh well, we'll see

I bet I'm one of the only people on the HAMB that has no drivers lic. Well we all make mistakes sometimes and have to live with the consequences.

5. I don't have a valid driver's license either....

But I don't really drive.... you know me I am a city girl.

I have to go get one in the next 4 weeks.

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lurker Blakmerc. This is him..

[​IMG]

-Abone.

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have many shots of his car, but here is one from '03. Note the Starbucks is still the kick ass Mexican joint.

[​IMG]

-See ya, -Abone.

8. atch

atch

i've met him. didn't realize he'd been to all of them. sorry blak...

9. Can you pick one up for me??:p

Thank God our town isn't so small that we don't have buses.

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Probably the tub again. Had a blast running it last year. My plans for a more dedicated drag car are on hold till I make some more money and build a new garage.

Got my room reserved already.

Watch out for this guy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  11. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Same old HA/GR with a little more bump to it this year, hopefully.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
    Robert

12. Greezy

Greezy

Bringing the 40 again this year. Made one 14.67 run last year before I wrecked the Muncie. Shooting for low 14's this year and keeping the trans together.

13. 4kids1job

4kids1job
    from michigan

O K breedeer if you won't come to michigan for the autorama i'm coming to you for the drags . i have already made plans for a baby sitter,and if the 57 is done i'll drive it if not mini van,camera ,smart mouth and bail money it is. can't wait to meet some of you guys.

..everytime i start reading threads from here my wife says "and just what are the assholes up to now" .

see you there . Jay

14. mojo273

mojo273
    Member Emeritus

"and just what are the assholes up to now"

Now that's too funny! :p

15. sprint69

sprint69

Me, my son and the 56' Hawk, just watching and enjoying again this year. Have plans for a 47' Studebaker straight axle business coupe for next year.

16. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Won't be 2009 because I'm in Iraq, but 2010 we are bringing a real deal 55 gasser, small journal 327, 4 speed, glass tilt, pinstriped by Ed Roth. It was last raced in 73, sorry no photos did I mention I'm in Iraq. I might get my 64 GTO back together,(will see) it last ran at MoKan in 87 or so. Probably only going to do high 12's.

17. depends on how my health holds up.

I've got a Flat Fender Willys nearly done and it will be our back up ride if we don't finished the other one.

The other is an old blown gas coupe that is becoming a new old gassr. Fully street-able and daily driver except for snow and ice (that's what the Willys is for).

How fast, I'd say fast enough but I've been making' 'em stand up and cut a straight line for a very long time and haven't built one that is fast enough yet. :)

With this one if it cuts a 12 on street tires I'll be happy anything faster than that will make me ecstatic.

Oh I am bringing something else this year, my 16 year old grandaughter. But it shouldn't be a problem right? I didn't think it would.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  18. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

I'm going to bring my olds but I'm not sure what class it would be in. It's not stock but its far from a full on drag car. Stock suspension(except lowering blocks) but with a 394 olds and a t-10 tranny. any input?
    [​IMG]

19. I think I'm gonna break tradition and not bring the coupe down this year. :-( It's ok though... I'm shooting to have this down their this year.

[​IMG]

20. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Thats gonna be a cool FED. Hope you get it done in time for the drags. I definitely wanna see it run down the track. See 'ya in Joplin.:cool:

21. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Kerry, that thing is coming together nice. See ya in Joplin.

22. ken1939

ken1939

Unless I die tomorrow, get this damn 32 Ute on the freekin road. How fast will it go? If its faster than, its sitting now, I will be thrilled. :rolleyes:

23. Kerry, Hope you get that thing going. Best of luck to ya. Wont be throwing a water pump through a radiator this year.

24. atch

atch

oh, no!!! say it ain't so.

bring 'em both. i'm looking forward to getting your coupe, flamedabone's sedan, blakmerk's merc, tracy's '59, and clarence together for a photo shoot this year.

25. I've actually thought about that Mike. Might just work but I'm going to need to find a driver. My dear wife isn't wild about driving either the coupe or the wagon towing the digger but Travis is. He's got a few years to go before he get's behind the wheel though.

26. Seriously??!!! A Ute??? At the HAMB drags??? WAY F'in KOOOOL!!!!:D Sure hope it makes it there!

27. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

we'll be bringin' the dragster,and a 1929 a-bone truck ...
    also,several friends with more hot rods, i told them they were losers if they didn't go (pretty much shamed them into it..)
    they will be brining, 3-T-roadsters,a model a two door sedan,a 41 willys,a henry j , a 56 chevy,and a 62 nova..see ya there
    tricky

Attached Files:

28. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

I just don't want to say. I have jinxed myself two years in a row by saying mine would be ready - and then have things come up and have to ride with someone...

I'll be there though!

Rod

29. Planning on making the long trek again with the Rebel Reaper....Don

Attached Files:

30. Awesome, I LOVE your car!