Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gone, Friend and Rod Builder, Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Mar 24, 2009.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

A few minutes ago I confirmed the sad news of the passing of a good friend and one of Ontarios top Street Rod Builders and Fabricator. BILL SNOW of Snows Hot Rod Shop, Port Perry Ontario Canada. Bill has been hospitalized for the past few weeks with a blood disorder, Bill at the way to young age of 58 years left us last night.

Bill was a very quiet professional who would not let a project out of the shop unless it was perfect. His last project a 1956 Chev Bel air appeared this past weekend as a FEATURE CAR in Performance World Car Show in Toronto. His own personal car still appears in many magazines and is talked about through out North America. Known as FROST BITE, it is an unusual 1969 VOLVO 1800 2 door coupe Custom Silver Paint with Ghost Flames a knockout red leather interior, powered by a Chev.ZZ-4 350 putting out 420 H.P.

Bill always supported local shows as well as many in the USA, I have known Bill for over 30 years and have never heard any one speak badly of him. Bill will be missed greatly by his many friends, and all car guys.

R.I.P. - Bill Snow.

2. John Denich

John Denich

Very Sad indeed, I have known him for alot of years, always was willing to give advise to us young guys! he will be Missed...........God Speed Bill.

John

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am deeply sad at this news...A great builder,quiet and reserved.
    The world is a bit smaller today

R.I.P Bill

4. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

Very sorry for your loss of your good friend. Sounds like a great guy. RIP Duecevw

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A great loss to the community of rodders and way too young to go......RIP, Bill.

6. fast Ed

fast Ed

Didn't know the man, but I had seen the Volvo and the 56 Chev. Definitely products of a fertile imagination and great craftsmanship.

R.I.P. Bill

7. Ebert

Ebert

Roddin,
    Thanks for sharing your feelings about Bill....

RIP, Bill

8. Nice words Larry. Bill would be proud and I`m sure he is.He always hated taking pictures of himself with the cars he did. I managed to grab him at the Canats beside the roadster. He did a great job on the car for the time it was there. we were good friends, and I always mentioned his name in all the articles printed on the roadster. Here is a rare pic of a great Canadian Hot-Rodder. Time-Bomb John

Attached Files:

9. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

I met Bill at some CANATS and had been to his shop in Port Parry. He was an excellent fabricator and a friend to all who knew him. RIP my friend and keep building them when you meet the other builders in heaven.

10. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks John, I am glad you had a picture of Bill and you are right it is very rare, Bill always let his work do the talking for him. Larry

11. Likewise here, I had seen the Volvo and FastEd had told me the fellow was Canadian. Sorry to hear of another loss in our community.

Godspeed Bill

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Just a further update on funeral arrangements for Bill for those of you who are interested:

Bill will be resting at THOMPSONS FUNERAL HOME

500 Industrial P.W. S.
    Aurora Ont.
    Canada.

Tuesday March 31, 2009

Visitation: 1:00 pm.
    Service : 2:00 pm

13. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Correction on Funeral Home Address it is #530 and not 500. Sorry

14. Weather permitting I will bring the roadster in honor of this great Canadian. TBJ

15. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Sad News
    A true loss to the community RIP

16. John boy

John boy

Never met him personally but I always admired his workmanship. What a shame to lose such a quality person. My deepest sympathy to his family.
    John Boy

17. steel29

steel29

So sad to here of this news.
    I have known Bill since his days as a mechanic at North York Chev.
    A great loss. RIP Bill.