Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im a real douche...and I need to get this off my chest...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Velomech, Mar 23, 2009.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understnd, I got some strange looks sitting in my old coupe in the Base car park when I was doing an engine change. But hell, I missed driving it and just liked to sit there.
    Doc.

2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Hey Bro. Hang in there and get her back on the road. See ya at the swap!!!!

3. Dog427435

Dog427435

My daily driver is parked in the garage next to my race car. As I go to work in the morning I usually will lovingly run my hand across the roof drip molding , or under the fender lip to say hello.

4. took the roadster out sunday 32 degrees at 8am never got as warm as they said got back about 2 couple of pit stops to say hi

5. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The truck has behaved for the last 20 years. So it learned the lesson.

6. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I have been up many times a 2 or 3 in the am because I couldn't sleep and gone out to the shop to drink a beer or 2 and spend quality time with my sedan.
    Usually 30 minutes to an hour later I wander back in and fall right to sleep.
    Beer and Hot RODS

7. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This hits it on the head. I think we all spend time dreaming, sitting, planning. Nothing is better therapy than the smell of the old car - and seat time beats all. I sit in all of my cars and imagine - what if...

Give yourself a break. When I was down on myself for a "no progress" project, a friend advised me to take five minutes each day and turn a wrench. It's slow, but it's progress and it helps.

8. reverendjim

reverendjim

my cars prefer me naked..... so does my wife

9. reverendjim

reverendjim

very true and usually the gifts are expensive..,.. for both

10. NoSurf

NoSurf

11. You aren't any more fucked up than the rest of us. Keep fightin' the good fight bro.
    See ya at the swap!

12. Hmmm, tv on dash, pop corn, sitting in the car in the dark........damn cool idea. Maybe even make out some... :). Ahhhh, those good old days

13. titus

titus

oh shut up, youve probably done it and thats why your saying its gay!

14. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

WOW! Im proud of you! It takes dedication and obviously you have pleanty of that.

15. fenian65

fenian65

as i sit on a dirty milk crate where my seat should be and grasp my knobless shifter and wish for more money.............................i feel ya bro

16. Anthropomorphism at its worst!

17. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

good story, happy ending..

18. zombiemandan

zombiemandan
    from Wyoming

I know what ya mean I don't get to start my old chevy up for six months out of the year on acount of 13.1 compresion and below zero winters :(

19. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

thanks for the compliments and the reassurances that Im not a total ahole...or gay, which is ok if thats your thing. LOL!

Man, I have just never been hit by that kind of guilt before.

after reading some of the replies, I dont feel so bad. Im reminded that these are projects, and 3 months really isnt a lot when you look at the big picture I guess.

Good on you guys....and gals.

cheers and beers
    Hodge

20. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

You are a guy who misses his car, a douche would post pics of himself at 1 am in his tighty whities on the interwebs.

21. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Geez, after reading this at 1:00:00 this morning I got out of the car, went into the house, got on the wife and made noises. After getting done at 1:00:15 I was able to sleep like a satisfied, happy man. I went back out to the car this morning and the fucker wouldn't start. Christ if it ain't one being a bitch it's another.

22. When we're in the midst of the frozen hell we call winter up here I just try not to look at my baby. It's hard but after a while it's just another fixture in the garage. Like a table saw or lawn mower (don't let em hear you say that out loud).
    Sitting next to the wife's minivan. Ignored and forelorne. Very sad. :(
    But the first rod weather comes along in 12 months (that's what it feels like)
    And the love affair is back on. Amen. :D
    I feel your pain bro.
    Did you have on boxers or briefs?:rolleyes:

23. bubmrdrmerc

bubmrdrmerc
    from oklahoma

man i think i teared up there i sit in my merc in the front drive alot no glass no interior no motor hell not much floor board but its mine an im proud er

24. Nerd of Nerds

Nerd of Nerds
    from Nebraska

I guarantee I am an even bigger douche...

My dad bought my F250 for me at an auction when I was 11...and I didn't give a rats ass...back then it was all video games and computers (and still is...sometimes)...

it took me six years to finally pull my head out of my arse, walk into our backyard, and raise my eyebrow at the wonder that sat before me.

2 years of planning/putzing around and I now have a bare frame in our driveway being stripped for some good ol POR15...

Funny what that one friend with a muscle car can do to a ya...

25. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

All I can say is "remember Christine?" Treat her good and be very very gentle!

26. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

I do the same thing, just not at 1 in the morning (shop isn't close to house) I got a 5 gallon bucket in the cab and I sit there, roll down the window, rest my arm on the door, look through the windshield, and out the shop doors at the evening sun and imagine I'm on the highway heading for destination unknown.

27. Heck, I used to drive two hours to start mine up at Dad's and then just stand behind it and listen to the "Stereo" for 10-15 minutes.

28. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

What the fuck are you on? Beer usually makes me real honest....I still wouldn't share that. GAG!!!!!

29. The damage is done she is biding her time,one day in the middle of Biddlebong Idaho she will break down.The wife and kids will be in the car and you'll have to beg her to start.You'll be grovelling,saying "pretty please" or "uncle," it will not deter her.I.d change her oil right now,you might win some brownie points,maybe some S.T.P. :confused:

30. rodknocker

rodknocker