Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Roadster vs Bicycle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da34guy, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy of mine just sent me this.
    Seems he was out for a little putt on Saturday and came across a group of bicyclist'\They were comin down a hill as he was goin up.
    1 of 'em got a little outta control and had a little mishap with the froontend of the roadster.
    Biker is ok and the roadster will B fixed B4 Del Mar next week.
    Damn Bikers think they own the road.
    :eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That sucks.

Cyclists have the same rights to public roads that cars do. Even the right to careen out of control and hit your car :rolleyes:.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Where is Jordan aka 5Wbomber right now? I am sure he would have a thing or two to add!

4. Umm, cyclists happen to be taxpayers as well. Meaning they do own the road. That is something called an accident, be glad he wasnt on a Fatboy!

5. Holy shit....how fast was the bike going????

6. in Minnesota , bicycles seam to have more rights than cars..even though they pay no road tax or fuel tax. then we build bike paths for them from the fuel tax cars pay , and they still are all over the road. they never stop at a stop sign or observe any sign. hit one, and it's your fault

7. Never say never. I have ridden for 26 years and ALWAYS stop. There are jackasses in ALL types of vehicles.

8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Wonder who's insurance pays for the damage since a bicyclist doesn't need to have insurance to ride on the road.

9. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Holy Crap! Glad nobody was hurt...see ya at Del Mar.

10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

+1 see it all the time they never use the paths and have total disregard for traffic signs,,and always have to ride on the roads with no shoulders .. Least no one got hurt.

11. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Thats what I was thinking!

12. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

Bikes don't damage the pavement or use fuel like a car, hence the lack of taxation. Same thing as everything else: a few bad apples spoil it for everyone else.

13. H3O

H3O

i ride a bike myself but i stay on paths or the far right of the road. if there's a group of us it's one behind the other, not roadblocking.

i guess that guy thought he was in england or somethin.

14. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

Don't worry we pay enough to cover them and the politicians that skim off the top.

if you don't have collision, then you have to sue the biker on your own dollar.

15. so by that logic , i can take a bicycle out on the runway of the local airport and go nuts with it? my taxes paid for it. streets/roads are for cars....sidewalks and bike paths are for bikes and pedestrians

sorry , i don't mean to rant

too bad about the `32

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

streets/roads are for cars....sidewalks and bike paths are for bikes and pedestrians

WRONG!

17. ssrs71

ssrs71

Hate to see that, At least no one was hurt. (physically.) Glad you can save the car.

18. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

If the roadster was going up hill that's some special kind of coolant to be running "up hill" . Glad no one was hurt!

19. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Two schools of thought.

1) On a bicycle you obey all traffic rules to the letter because you are a vehicle with the same rights to the road as any car.

2) You'd better ride like you are invisible taking advantage of every situation that benefits you – legal or not – because respect from motorists is a complete illusion. And reading this thread further proves how ignorant some people are to the law.

I toggle back and forth and pick my battles.

Glad the roadster is getting fixed. That dude must have been traveling to cause that much damage.

20. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZnguNFgwhw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZnguNFgwhw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

21. The guy riding the bike wiegh 600lbs and have an arnoured suit on???
    Ouch!

22. how am i wrong? streets are not for cars? sidewalks are not for pedestrians? bike paths are not for bikes?

23. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You're wrong. Look up the law and read - seriously.

24. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Some place you can't ride bikes on sidewalks any more,,and in NYC street is the only place for bikes

25. So what does happen with the repair costs for the car? If the jackass on the bike is at fault and he's not required to carry insurance, how do you collect?

Steve

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you insinuate that roads are not for bikes. wrong.

27. The 32 owners insurance will go after teh cyclist. If there is a citation issued or not.

28. yes, i know that bikes can ride on the street..that was not my point. it's the fact they never seam to follow the rules and are all over the road with no regard to anyone else. here in Minnesota we have built millions of dollars of bike paths for them and don't seam to use them.

the city in where i live , decide that my street needed a sidewalk.....i was assessed around $1500 for it , even though i never use it...and neither does anyone else , they all walk in the street. and hit one and it's your fault

so i was wrong to say the sidewalks are for pedestrians? bike paths for bikes?

29. Not knowing all the particulars,
    but the owner of the roadster is 6'4" about 250 lbs and most of the bicyclist are 5' nuthin and usually weigh about 100 lbs.
    I don't think collectin for the damage will B a problem.:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.