Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Twin City MN. guys need any help with their builds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Newbomb Turk, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Here's the deal. I'm desperate for hands on knowledge of building hot rods. I've played with cars my whole life but have never gone as far as a complete build. I am currently rebuilding my life after my business failed so buying and building my own is quite a ways off. I have alot of free time and will do whatever you need me to. I haven't welded since high school (long time ago) and haven't done much as body work goes, but can turn wrenches. I want no compensation, just want to learn so when the time comes to do my own i won't be going in quite so cold. Reading the build threads and seeing pictures here is cool, but not the same as hands on. I live in Bloomington. Let me know if i can do anything. I hope this doesn't sound too strange. :cool:

Thanks, Tim

2. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Gotta PM already. :D

3. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Well, the 1st offer is great, albeit a little far. I'll probably still take him up on it, but if there's anyone in the metro that would be awesome.

4. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

That is really cool of you. Too bad I can't teach you anything, I am still learning all this myself. I am also probably a little far just to hang out since I live in the north metro. Good luck.

5. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I had 1 guy PM me who lives south of Northfield. I'm gonna go there at least once or twice in the near future if i can help it. Here's how i look at it. I can spend my weekends at home or hanging at shows or Porkys, or i can gain some knowledge and experience and maybe make a couple new friends. I'm not married, no kids and my weekends are really boring without a toy to play with.

6. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

That's a very generous offer- wish I had some way to exploit...er, I mean help you out.:)

It's getting to be that time again- finally warm enough to get back out to those unheated garages and dig those jalopies out of hibernation. I usually like to not be distracted by other people when I work on my cars so I can focus but there are obviously a lot of times when an extra set of hands would be a good thing.
    I'm sure someone will take you up on your offer. I'll keep you in mind if I need some help too in the future.

Jay

7. i have a new project just starting , a `40 Ford coupe....interested?

8. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

A 40??? That'd be SWEET!!! I'll PM you my # and info. Thanks. Looks like i'm gonna be busy this summer. :D

9. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Ok, i've pretty much made up my mind. It's gonna be 36-3Window. Working on an iconic car like a 40 is too much. :D I'll still gonna try to hit up the others who offered, but i really wanna focus on the 40 since it's a ground up build. I'm 43 and feel like i'm 16 again. :cool: Thanks to all that replied.

Tim

10. You can work a 27 T Truck, a 30 Hupmobile or a 36 ford 2 door...I got heat, You can come in the winter, If you come in the summer you get drunk and fall in the pool ...come anytime....JOIN MSRA...I live in Lakeland, right across the river from Hudson...Regards, Bill

11. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Thanks! I tried joining MSRA the other day but my printer ran outta ink as i was trying to print the form. Wish they had a paypal option to join.

12. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Thanks!! Pm me anytime. Tim

13. Mopar34

Mopar34

Damn, what a great idea! I sure could use some help on mine but I'm hundreds of miles east and there is no freaking way I would move to cold assed Minnesota just to get some extra hands to help out.:eek::D

I hope you find plenty of work and get some really great experience. People like you who step up and ask, are usually the ones who do well.

14. nschrec

nschrec
    from St. Paul

where in the north metro do you live?

15. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

This is the thread that gave me the idea. :)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343589&highlight=mentor

16. you should should hook up with 2-3 guys , rotate one day a week, that way you learn different things and different ways to do things. sounds like you have a lot to choose from.

i will be starting the chassis soon as the parts come in from CE and Pete & jakes. the body will be next..... i have floorpans on order from Paul Bradley and a tailpan from ECM. the firewall will be patched

as soon as a i find a rebuildable 327 , that will be rebuilt..i love working on motors. i usually use a crate on other's cars.

may even squeeze in some work on my own project..i need to finish the brake lines and do the exhaust

17. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Yah, i was thinkin the same thing. I kinda have a soft spot for 40 coupes though. :cool:

Here's my cell for anyone that wants to call me on the weekends to see what i'm doing.

612-384-0966 Tim

18. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

Blaine