Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Our Billetproof FL '09 adventure!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Mar 21, 2009.

1. dv8

dv8

We had a blast this year at Big Daddy's!!!

Here we are getting ready for the drive up at my house...we had a crowd this year, a few 32's again!

[​IMG]

The ride up....

[​IMG]

At the hotel....with the trophy for "Best Wagon" that we were sponsoring....

[​IMG]

A BAD ASS Merc pickup, taken at the pre-party.

[​IMG]

A sweet sedan...

[​IMG]

Nice Mopar!

[​IMG]

Pretty girl and another sweet Mopar!

[​IMG]

A nice little RPU...good color combo!

[​IMG]

Chad Fisher's sedan with some nice candy & lace that he laid out!

[​IMG]

MBL getting mobbed by hot chicks AGAIN in the T roadster!!!

[​IMG]

I even won a trophy! "Big Flake" for best metalflake. Thanks to the F-Bombs for the cool trophy! (My clubmate Ralph won this last year...so we're keeping it in the family!)

[​IMG]

We had a blast, and a big thank you goes out to Allan, Don Garlits, and especially all the Poor Boys for all their hard work at the show!!!

2. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

For those of us up here in the frozen north, that sure looks good . Thanks for the pics. We need more.

3. dv8

dv8

This should warm you up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

nice pics thanks...

5. Philbilly

Philbilly

Thanks for sharing.

6. chevyshack

chevyshack

I just got back from billetproof. I was kinda let down. Where was the 500 to 600 cars that were supposed to be there? I drove 3 hours to see about 150 cars? Sure the ones that where there where nice but thats a long haul for too little cars. I couldnt even park there. I ended up parking at KFC because they wouldnt let anyone in. I went as a spectator since my car isnt road worthy. I wont make that trip again unless im showing my car. Might be worth the drive then.

7. TimDavis

TimDavis

What time were you there today?

8. Choptop

Choptop

there were about 150 cars at the gate at 6:30am.

500 Pre-Reg cars.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  9. modelttom

modelttom

chevy what time were u their? Easy 450 cars man....i got there at 9 am left at 2 pm

10. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

just from the photos posted on this thread and others i can count more than 150 cars....

11. chevyshack

chevyshack

Got there around 11:30. I guess i cant complain to much. It was free and got me out the house. Im not trying to take away from the show either. Just wishing there was more cars. I seen everything there was to see and gone by about 3:00p.m.

12. Choptop

Choptop

there were many more than that... he had 500 last year. This year was much larger. We parked them in a different configuration though.

will have a final count in a couple of days... rest assured, there were plenty of cars to see.

13. msuguydon

msuguydon

Official car count was not done when I left today but was well in excess of 600 cars. .. I volunteered to help with the show... Poor Boys had 500 cars pre-registered.. and 160 showed up that were not registered.. of course some people that registered did not show up.. so the total is not official.. But.... 600 EASY

14. TimDavis

TimDavis

I only saw about 9 cars there myself.

15. TimDavis

TimDavis

Ha, in the Ocala area try New Yorkers....2:1

16. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

thanks for sharing

17. 6ck Pony

6ck Pony

150?
    ...There was probably over 50 trailer queens that passed me on Interstate and parked at local hotels.
    Should've took some pics and posted them.

I know there was 100 or more that turned out for the Nowhere get together the night before.

It was a great turn out and a great show.

Thanks to all that put it on and thanks for the sun burn.:cool:

18. vertible59

vertible59

Man, I wanted to make it down there, but spent too much time messin' around and didn't have the car ready...maybe next year. Looks like it was a GREAT SHOW!

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I liked the show a lot. Congrats to Jon on the trophy. Great day. LOTS of cars and people. I couldn't find that pink Caddy though. Gary

20. Gary, we were parked with the Florida Poor Boys, just to the left of the stage. Sorry we missed you.

21. dixiedog

dixiedog

Had a great time there myself - love the sedan and the tiki theme inside.

Poor Boys did a great job with the show - No drama or complaints that I heard of.

22. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Geart picture, Thanks!

Nick.

23. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I'm sure there will be some drama and complaints, but they will certainly be in the minority.
    Thanks for another GREAT show, it is now the best show in Florida as far as I am concerned.
    Weather was great and I know I looked at over 500 cars. You could not ask for a better show.
    I understand that they had to shut the spectator parking down around 10:30 because they could not fit any more cars in there.
    Thanks to Alan and the Florida Poor Boys for another fantastic show, looking forward to next year already.
    Robert

24. I thought it was great. There was certainly more than 150 cars there. The only complaint I had is there should have been about 4 times as many porta-toilets and about 4 times more food vendors. There were long lines there. "Big" was out nearly all day roaming around. Was cool to talk to him although he didn't remember some stories I told him about when I used to hang around his shop in Tampa when I was a kid. I mean it's only been 50 years ago. I will return! Here's some more pics.
    2009-03-22 011.jpg

2009-03-22 019.jpg

2009-03-22 023.jpg

2009-03-22 034.jpg

2009-03-22 037.jpg

2009-03-22 044.jpg
    My '56 bouncin' off some baby moons.
    2009-03-22 047.jpg
    Apparently this guy makes manifolds for little hemi's
    2009-03-22 049.jpg

2009-03-22 051.jpg

2009-03-22 042.jpg
    2009-03-22 010.jpg
    Vicky Victoria

2009-03-22 054.jpg
    There's more than 150 cars in this pic!
    2009-03-22 027.jpg
    Lines to the sandbox

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  25. And I saw a car there with a little HAMB sticker in the window. Was about an inch and a half long. Where does one get one of these?

26. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

The Meet was GREAT! I do agree on some more Port-a-Johns at both ends of the field and definately more Food Vendors. One Vendor ran out of Hot Dogs at 1:00 PM (thats all he had to sell too)! The "Trophies" were Fantastic and all hand made by clubs! The Hosting Florida "Poor-Boys" Club worked their butts off setting up, directing traffic during the morning "cold" (60 degrees is cold in FL.) and afternoon heat (80+). I'm sure they had help from other people too, so use this thread to thank them. SOME of my picks listed in pictures below. The Flathead powered '34 Ford Roadster drove down from Denver CO. for the show.

Attached Files:

27. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

If there were more cars...where in the hell where they of parked?

28. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

I wish the stage was covered...we cut the set by a few songs because the sun got to be too much while trying to play music. My amp got overheated and was trying to cut out half way through the set. Damn...it got hot.

29. What do you do in July & August? Good job though. I see cars in these pictures I never saw there. I thought I covered things pretty good but apparently not .. :)

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ken,
    Really regret not getting to meet you. Funny thing... recalling my twice around trips of the show, I can't ever remember walking down that front row for some reason. Duh. Perhaps I'll be there next year and you can inspect my beefed up rear suspension! Later, Gary