Register now to get rid of these ads!

22 and younger crowd?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CSU55Chevy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. outlaw256

outlaw256

mattblack52, you are so right.sit down boys, hell im 53 have real long hair, 2 earrings full beard and lots of tats, wear black ts and i get the same shit from everybody.funny thing is my son is 25 and clean as a whislte. short hair clean shaven, got a few tats and when we spot a car or truck in someones yard i have to send him up to knock on the door to see if its for sale.when i go they either wont answer the door or if they do their scared shitless. by the way i think ill be 21 in sept.at least thats how young i want to be . lol

2. 64Olds

64Olds

I'm 16, been around cars since i was on the ground, dad used to be big into supergas drag racing, had a 69 coronet that would run 9.90's i grew up around that till i was about 5 and then my dad built his 1973 duster that runs 9.40's...I on the other hand am more into the cruisers man, i like em from the 50's and 60's and i want em slammed on the ground :D but i like drag cars dont get me wrong ;) and yes, i find it very annoying when people say, "well why would you want some old 1964 starfire?" i feel obligated to smack them repeatedly but instead i look at our generation in confusion....something about a coffee can for exhaust, a wing thats bigger than the car, and a car that looks the same as everything else on the road doesnt appeal to me..anyhow, just to add to my interests in cars, i would like to build a nostalgic gasser someday, they are pretty cool, but ive got my starfire :D im also into diesel trucks, the fast ones of course :D so on a whole i am tired of my crappy generation, and am just flat plain into anything with a motor and wheels :D and i dont classify ricers as a motor and wheels, they are rubberband powered haha.

3. I was recently a young rodder under the age of 22, but then reailized, "wait! I've been driving my old chevy for 20 years, and I'm 35 already!!!" How the hell did that happen? Must of been while all that rust was forming.
    Well, I'm about to head out to my first hamb n' eggs now, so well see how old I am there.

4. Santaji

Santaji

5. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

Im 22. Been into this stuff for along time. I prefer traditional rods and customs but I also love muscle cars and pretty much anything with wheels. Heres my truck Nate

Attached Files:

6. Kyle(666)

Kyle(666)

I'm 20 now, bought a shoebox ford as my first car when I was 16 (hopped up flathead and 3 spd, didnt even know how to drive a manual transmission...) Had to sell that one when I enlisted in the navy a couple years ago. Finally got another hot rod though! 28 Model A sport coupe purchased from hamber Clark. Now I just have to drive it as much as possible before my next deployment.

Attached Files:

7. I'm 54 or 45 whichever, soon to be 20 or 02, Rat Rods are the best extention of car building, done right they show a lot of thought and talent and fit well into these economic times when automotive paint prices exceed what we paid for an ole' hot rod in the day! They don't like them on here though. Oh well, hey do I fit on this thread or not? My kids are older than me, go figure, I don't know why they call me Pop's. I'm building a Rat Rod when I turn 21, an' that's final, I don't care what my wife says, I moved into the garage when I was 50 or 16 anyway!:D:rolleyes::eek::cool:

8. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

15, and i dont have a hot rod or custom . . . yet. Someday I will though.

9. Hot Rod Pat

Hot Rod Pat

Well I'm 23 been into 50's for awhile now. I picked up my 53 Chevy last June, bud of mine just picked up 54 Buick just this weekend, my other bud's got a 55 Plymouth, and finially another bud of mine has a 55 Chevy that was his old mans college car.

10. Im seventeen, going on eighteen though. I'm trying to get my '54 Ford ready for the summer.

11. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

23. female.
    recently got into the car scene.
    inherited my grandfathers 1955 studebaker commander - 2 door.
    now a friend of mine is helping me build a '29 ford roadster pickup. (in the works)

lauren

12. old1946truck

old1946truck

Thats what happens to me everytime I go to a old junkyard or the only swap meet we have here in Birmingham.

13. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

just turned 23 here always looking for fellow rodders in the Fort worth area

14. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

21 here but sometimes i feel like im pushing 50 when i get together with my hot rod friends because they are all about that age. most people my age dont hold my interest with spinner hub caps and triple decker spoilers, speakers that rattle yur brain with garbage wrappers! they call that music? the real music comes from them pipes hangin off the side of your motor. owned 3 old cars on my fourth now. only reason i drive a newerish car is because it was free. but soon to be back on the road into the 50's:)

15. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Im 21 and In college been into traditional rods for awhile. Most my friends dont understand when I have old rusty parts In my dorm room or rebuilding holley 94s at my desk, but that dosent bother me much. I have a 34 ford pick up (my aviator), a 30 roadster on 32 rails, 60 falcon soon to be gasser, and all the parts to build a A banger powered belly tanker. that I hope to race at bonneville before my 25th birthday and make it into the Hop-up 100mph club..............thats my story

oh yeah and im in college to get a mechanical engineering degree so time is always tight

16. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Im 21, and its too hard to fit 3 girls plus your self in the back seat of an acura...

17. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

18. im 24. on the east coast. no one locally gets it. im fucked.

19. thesupersized

thesupersized

I'm 20..I've been going to car shows for over 10 years now, in college now, I haven't seen any other old cars on campus...and I was the only one into old cars at my high school. Traditional hot rods and kustoms are my life...food is too i guess!

20. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

It's great to see the younger crowd getting into the traditional hot rodding scene...It's up to you guys to keep it alive! I've also seen some impressive cars and customizing and enginuity from some of you guys! It's what the hobby needs....Fresh minds with fresh ideas using old cues....
    I'm 50 going on 17! Been a car geek all my life....Hope you all make it too!!!

21. Slostang

Slostang

I'm 24. I don't have an old/antique/classic/hot rod yet but i will. My dad/uncles got me into the older school because they grew up in San Bernardino valley in the early 50's. I'd hear stories about racing trains , flipping cars, weekend motor swaps , buying/trading cars for less than what my tv cost and the various ways they did things "back in the day". Got out of high school and went to tech school for body and paint. I learned how to weld and work with metal and had a couple jobs in that field. Right now i have my 97' Mustang GT, i help friend's build their cars (mostly 80's and newer) I've had a couple newer projects mostly 90's turbo toyota and 05 mitsubishi turbo but i still look for something older. I was "cheated" out of my shoulda been 1st car (63 t-bird) the guy sold it before i could come back from the bank with the cash . I saw the car friday night and said i wanted it , gave him $50 earnest money (all i had on me) and said i would be back monday morning as soon as the bank opens. I just haven't had good luck trying to pick up anything i really want since then i guess the timing ain't quite right yet, but soon...

22. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

I am 19. I have been around old cars and hot rods as long as I have been alive. My old man used to own an auto body and countless classics. I bought my first project a week before I turned 18. It consisted of a model a frame, a 26 t body, a 57 Chevy rear end, a 39 front axle, SBC, th400, and some Cragars. Just re did the whole frame, suspension, and steering, and I am getting rid of the small lock and th400 for an 8BA flattie and a 3 speed, and I just picked up some 21 inch model a wire wheels for it. I have a few friends back home who are into hot rodding but out here in Philly where I go to school no one has a clue what I am talking about and looks at me like a am stupid when I try talking cars with them.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  23. S.F.

S.F.

Well we are happy to have you at the HAMB:D good luck on the 29!

24. S.F.

S.F.

haha, true. And have you noticed that all the old guys are starting to omit the word ROD and just say RAT now. "hey is that part for a RAT"
    "I like your RAT" ...yeah buddy, my car was built in 1959 its a HOT rod. lol:rolleyes:

25. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

I got into cars at about 15 and started wanting a 63 impala. looked and found one but alas I was on a super tight car budget. at 18 (last october) I just got into college and wanted a car, although not practical I bought a '63 mercury comet custom. the trans was shot so I towed it home. now its running and almost 1000 miles on it since I got it in early february..(daily driver) So Im 19 and a struggling college student with a 46 year old car I spent and continue to spend all my money on, the only work it needed was trans rebuild. (felt better getting it done...Car Connection san diego) and wheel bearings i did. Im hopefully going to paint it myself on my spring break. I have one "peer" thats into cars but drives a toyota...cant commit HA! the next is my friend tim who is in the Turks san diego, he was the one i called for advice on whether to buy the car or not supportive and guides me towards products etc.. My mom, sister, brothers and everyone said an old car at my age is unpractical, so think what they said when I blew ALL my money on it and then dropped it 5 inches, HA! well thats it. I jumped right in, got rid of my car, bought a project and am ready to put all into it. I like the Kustom scene and dont really care at all for trailer queens, A car is there to drive so I do. I feel my scraped tail pipes are my earned stripes:) Im trying to get more into the mechanics and do well with a little help..(thanks to loui) thats it, my 60s "unpractical" cruiser kustom!!

26. junk fiend

junk fiend

im 20, yes it is annoying when your dad and peers think old cars suck. i dont have one yet because there is no room to park it at my house. i need to move out aaaahhhhh!!!

27. Lay'emLow

Lay'emLow
    from Florida

21 years old, and also a lone gearhead among my friends. I guess thats why we all graitated towards this site. Hot rodding is a lot more fun when youre not the only one doing it!

28. Catch65

Catch65

I'm 21 but as a kid, I just like how different older cars looked. Ever since I got my first job, I saved up to buy anything. I realy like the early 60's compact cars because there cheap, there simple and no one likes them. For example, corvairs, there every where but no one likes them but I do because I can see the potential in them.

29. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

im 17, only for 4 months left til 18!!!!!!!!!,everythings legal:eek::D......oh yaeh when i go off to my freinds saying(1939 ford, 21 stud flathed,) of chop,chanelled,ze'd, frenched, nosed,decked, c-notch etc) they look at me all wierd, i know its addicting but once you start you can never stop....i was raised around cars, my parents took me to the winston cup nationals when i was 18 months...after that i was hooked on anything.....
    i guess it started with my dad and his greatgrand father( he was a inventor and engeneir....i tinkerd with everything trying to put my custom touch on it, wether its my mailbox-lawnmower-bike....its a drug to me....:D

30. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

Ha! I went and got my wife to show her this....too damn funny.