Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fine and Dandy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dytryen, Mar 15, 2009.

1. dytryen

dytryen

Fellow HAMBers......I come here to share the wealth of cars and parts my grandfather left me in his will. While gramps was still alive he never ever wanted me to be part or to follow the crowd but to make my own road. To my surprise none of my uncles or aunts care enough for the old iron....so I'm here to sell, learn and prevent the iron from getting melted to build some rich guy dream hotel/resort. After his passing I was/am shattered and find it real hard to sell stuff 'cause every nut and bolt has a story. A story that time cannot erase.....or maybe in hopes that time will help heal the wound I have.

Gramps grew up in Corona, Califas and a Pachuco to the bone. He was the biggest greaser I ever knew. He did not care about the IN crowd or the nicest ride...to him it was about cruzin,build'n, being approachable and staying true. Always happy never showed his sorrows and always had sunny days. His famous words when you asked him how are you..."Fine and Dandy". Those words can be found on his tombstone.

Amigos...I'm a average guy with average tools but with a desire to learn,share and keep this art form alive. I'm not here to ruffle any feathers. With that said....Lets keep this art form alive!!! THX.

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Time will help you. May your Grandfather RIP. I miss Aunts, Uncles, & Grandparents that I have lost. I will miss them all for the rest of my days.
    My prayers are with you.

Lucky667

3. oldsman71

oldsman71

welcome, cool hot rod roots!!!

4. chevy3755

chevy3755

welcome from the midwest......Larry in Ohio

5. Welcome, dytryen......and thanks for the P.M.'s. :)

6. axe grinder

axe grinder

Welcome from PA..........Iknow how ya feel man. My dad left me his tools and whenever i need a wrench...nine times out of ten I'll reach over the "shiny" one and grab the "old" one. same one I used hand him when Iwas a kid and he was showin me how fix stuff. [that was 45 years ago] .....get my drift?.......god bless

7. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Bienvenidos ! From The Land of Enchantment, New Mexico!

8. howdy from oregon!

9. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Howdy from the Bluegrass State.

10. dytryen

dytryen

Muchas Gracias Amigos!!!! 2 Carne Asada tacos no onions and alot of salsa!!! LOL