Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many 55,56 ford owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bdierks, Oct 2, 2006.

1. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Here is my old '55 Customline. It was nosed, decked, shaved door handles, shaved side trim, 55'56 Merc wagon tail lights (aftermarket) tuck and roll white vinyl interior and a little tiki head grafted onto the trunk lid.

[​IMG]

This was before the tail lights were added

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

gads I love them 2drs! I had a mainline back in the day, and I wish I could have another.Have too many projects now, but if one comes around I would be sorely tempted!

3. Wasn't his paint I liked, it was that cream and maroon one .. !!! The one with the normal back fenders.

4. olskool31coupe

olskool31coupe
    from Midwest

Built this car back in the late '70s. Showed it in area shows in Iowa-Nebraska and I.S.C.A. through the '80s. Made it into Rod 'n Custom magazine in October of '90.
    Anyone seen it around. Sold it in 1990 and last time I heard, it was sold at a classic car auction in Rockford, Illinois around 1991.
    Painted '72 Lincoln Light Blue and Moondust Blue Metallic, 302, tunnel ram, Top-Loader 4-speed, front disc brakes. . .

Attached Files:

5. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Been driving this one 30+ years.

Attached Files:

6. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Just got this one.

Attached Files:

7. eddie1

eddie1

I may be dating myself a little but I remember that issue. It still have it in my magazine collection.

8. Thunder Road

Thunder Road

9. 55zing

55zing
    from victoria

The car is completely apart metal work is done and in the process of being primed

Attached Files:

• F115.jpg
      F115.jpg
      File size:
      116.5 KB
      Views:
  10. Owned this one since '68, rescued it in '07:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  11. sonim38

sonim38

56 mercury phaeton...shaved, nosed, decked, id like to put 2 door hardtop doors if possible, lowered 4 inches in rear, 2 in front, 312 y block, mercomatic with 23" lokar shifter, bubble skirts, 4 56 packard tailights, peaked headlights, 55 merc grill/bumper.

-ryan

12. fitty_2

fitty_2

Check my gallery for a few pictures of my '55 Victoria project #2, found on CL, that I had shipped from Simi Valley, CA to Arlington, MA. I was stressed the whole time it was in transport as it was non-op. My workspace is on an industrial street with several bodyshops, and when it came off the truck all these body guys came running, wondering where I had found one so intact. I knew right then I had made a good buy. The driver also said wherever he stopped people would remark about the car and some even took pictures. My '52 Crestline project #1, an East Coast car which is giving me fits with lower cowl rust is very jealous now.

13. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

I have a 56 merc now black and sandcoral .The best car I have owned was a 55 ford 2d post customline.

14. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Do crappy four doors count? This is the only old car i have that doesn't break down on me lately.

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.

15. ...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  16. Just Jones

Just Jones

I've posted pics of this car before, and it is embarrasing how little I've got done ont it. Started this one in '07, then got married, moved, etc, so it sat in my garage a while. Just started on it again last weekend. Hopefully get her runnning in the next couple months.

Going for hot rod/street racer/gasser vibe, but no straight axle - just big block springs to bring the front up. Built 312, fenderwell headers (have to modify the ones I have), T5 trans, 9 inch, cheater slicks, blah blah blah.

Attached Files:

17. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

heres mine

Attached Files:

18. old lady's mad

old lady's mad

well i just bought this 55 this past fall . its basicly stock , with a 302 and aod . been painted awhile back . rounding up the brake parts curently to disc the front and power . wife actualy made me buy it to keep from draging home more disasembled cars . got it off c.l. here . decent driver . till i get my 48 2 door sedan going or my 53 f100 . i love my fords .

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  19. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

How about this one?? Pretty Cool HUH?:eek:
    And a nice '56 Vicky.

Attached Files:

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Same reason as any other change on a customized car: I think it looks better that way. Here's a preview of how the car will look when it's all together:

[​IMG]

qicvick likes this.
  21. sacminiwheels

sacminiwheels

anyone know what rear differential is in a 1956 6 cyl ford customline ?

Attached Files:

22. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

i've been told it depends on if it has OD. my 55 has OD and the concensus is 4:11.

23. I think i posted pics of this elsewhere.. I sold this last year.. Wish i still had it.. 302/c4 9 inch , disc brakes , power rack, vintage air ,56 dash ,55 chevy side trim. I gotta give credit where due.. The guy i sold it to "sarge" did one hell of a job finishing the car..

Attached Files:

24. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

5 fairlanes ake great cruisers cragars and california rake.......

25. sacminiwheels

sacminiwheels

but what is it, dana 44? ford 8"? 1956 customline 6 cyl 3spd with overdrive

26. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

That was my question to the old timers. One particular, who I can usually depend on for an answer, looked up quizically, furrowed his brow, then looked at me and said "55 Ford rearend."

Sorry I can't help you out more than that. If you find out more please tell me.

Thanks P

27. 55courier

55courier
    BANNED

1955 Courier, 272 3speed overdrive. Has not been on the road since 1972. May have to let it go, I will find out in a couple weeks if the state of Missouri is going to lay me off. If I lose my job Iam affraid the car hobby will end for me. I have been working on it for about 1 1/2 years. Sorry no way to post pics right now.

28. Her's my 56. Just did a 2" drop (not shown in this pic). Saving up for the www's. Red rims look OK instead of black?

Attached Files:

29. sacminiwheels

sacminiwheels

30. Baggs

Baggs

Couple of my wife's grandpas 55s he just passed away...im in line to buy the sedan. hopefully i can buy it from her grandma.

Attached Files: