Register now to get rid of these ads!

22 and younger crowd?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CSU55Chevy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. 63Compact

63Compact

Can you cook ?

2. Mattilac

Mattilac

17 and my truck has taught me a lot.

3. S.F.

S.F.

That sucks!

4. mattblack52

mattblack52
    from Ohio

Hell Im 26 and anybody at a swap meet that is younger than 40 with a black t-shirt on is considered a rat rodder. You try to buy a gas tank, its a rat rod gas tank. You try to buy a steering wheel, its a rat rod steering wheel. Some old bastards even push the price up so you won't buy it.
    I guess next time I'll wear some jean shorts with white tube socks and a white heart beat of america 57 chevy shirt with neon colors on it so I look legit.

5. Hip

Hip

I won't knock you for that, cause that's how i cut my teeth into the crazy world of 4-wheel devatury.(sp):eek:

6. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

20 years old... building my 31 A coupe. got a 30chevy roadster and a 72 nova.. my family has had cars since i was a baby... itd take all day to list them all, i listed just my cars.

hate jap traps and always have. my passion is hot rods

7. Uptown83

Uptown83

started when i was 18... 25 now so I guess im to old now :(

8. rainman1958

rainman1958

I don't know why some people try to tell everyone else how it should be done. To all you younger guy's don't let a few of these OLDER jerks tell you how you should build you're ride. By the way I'm 51.

9. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

21, goin on 22 on Cinco de Mayo. I just kinda stumbled upon all this old car stuff through music. It didnt take hold till my last years in high school, and even then i couldnt afford anything till I was a freshman in college. I have quite a few buddies that I met through my C.C., Im the youngest member. but having hot rod buddies is an indispensable resource, i consider myself very lucky. Its easy to get strssed out and disillusioned when your lost and still learning! I owe quite a bit to those guys for their time and knowledge, especially my buddy that I keep my 54 at his shop. Being young in this stuff does seem hard sometimes, but for the most part, I ignore shit and do my own thing, what i like. Whats the hardest is having money though. balancing work, a bachelors degree, music, and the 54 takes some serious time management. Plus, work seems to never bring in enough...haha.

10. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

22 here, been into all kinds of cars for as long as I can remember. Bought an old car cause I wanted something I could work on and actually afford parts for. Found this place while searching for parts, and it's been a downward spiral ever since!

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=198
    Bunch on there

I just turned 24, so that means i've been building cars and harleys for half my life! even got to work on last years Riddler car.

I still dont have any friends under 30 that are into the stuff older than muscle cars, or atleast traditional stuff

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  12. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

im 18, and own 8 cars, from 1941 to 1962, and my daily driver is a 1951 Buick Roadmaster

13. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

14. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I don't know if you guys will pick on me, but I am 26. I basically just suck.
    When I was rolling hard in a stroller my dad took me to car shows. I read all his car magazines before I could actually read the words. I cant place a specific time I started to like trad rods but I have wanted a hot rod since I can remember. I think hot august nights made me start to hate all the overdon crap and billet and fuzzy dice and tweed interiors and crap like that. I have had 2 VW bugs first one I bought for 150 bucks when I was 15 than after someone total my 61 for me i got burnt out on working on cars so I bought a 95 Z28. Kinda sucks but I really cant afford a 5W model a like I want but someday. Now I am in school and I am in the middle of welding new floors in my 64 Cutlass.Hopefully It will turn into a period 60's hot street car. So I guess I am kind of a poser in that I don't actually have a driving vehicle and no money.
    My friends are not into cars at all.

15. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

16. windsor mike

windsor mike

im 21, in college, and jobless, but somehow i still get by. i have a 60 chrysler i bought on my 18th birthday and a 48 ford f1 i just got before christmas.

17. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

i'm 19, alread owned 3, 1949 F-1, 1958 Del Ray and now the 1953 cadillac
    I've been doing this as long as i can remember, when i was younger, my dad had a 34' ford, no fenders, no hood, pro street M/T's and front runners....and it was tangerine orange, Ha! but it had such a low chop on it i had to tell him when the light changed because he couldnt see it. that was the first car i can remember, pops old 34'. its been a giant mesh of car shows, cruises, out of town cruises too, falls and winters of tearing something apart and making it better. I mean hell, if anyone in the southeast michigan area knows about the cruise at 'Bakers', just and FYI me, my dad, and 4 friends started that whole thing.

18. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

i'm 24 now but i had my 54 merc glasstop since 01. i always loved old cars. im not 100% positive why i do but i think it has to do with some toys i had when i was a kid. like the ghostbusters 59 caddy ambulance, some matchbox cars. Shredders car from teenage mutant ninja turtles. i dunno. since i got my old cars i stopped hanging out with my normal high school friends, and i started hanging out with car people around my age and older.

19. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i'm 17, i've been into this stuff all my life. got my first semi-old ride when i was 15, and had a project 47 lincoln till my dad and i traded it for my 55 bel air, and now i cruise that.

i found the hamb when i was 14, and was just beginning my collection of car parts to build my model A.

20. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

22 here. Bought my '63 Fairlane 6 years ago and joined the HAMB 5 years ago.

21. camarofreak

camarofreak
    from alabama

i am 14 and hate the fast and furious i bought my 79 camaro 2 years ago (i know, i know its not hamb friendly) I'm in middle school and am going to take welding classes next year

22. franklgr

franklgr
    from SWPDX

My wife of 40 years says I act like I'm 18. I say "thank you" and go back to the garage.

23. Mooseman

Mooseman

After my post early in the thread I decided to keep reading all the new posts and I have to ask , how did some of you other young people get the cars you have . I notice alot of you grew up around it . My dad was into hotrodding in the 60's but got out of it when the 60's ended and never really followed it after that so I didn't exactly grow up with it .

Some of you young guys have some nice cars , it can cost a small fortune to get genuine american steel cars here in new zealand .

24. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

22...was into mini truckin but recently decided everyone acts like dickheads instead of being into the hobby for the cars.. more like a wanna be cool kinda thing

25. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

17 here. First got into it on the 4th of July. Saw an 40's or 50's car all restored drive real slow in the parade. That sure got my attention. I knew we had old vehicles around so I started looking. Found my 46 Ford 1 ton and have been hooked ever since.

26. SYCO620

SYCO620
    from Merced, Ca

Dude, turned 37 today and got the same shit at Famosa 2 weekends ago tryin to buy a 38 ford grill. He wouldnt believe it wasnt for a 'rat rod'. BTW, I was wearing a plaid shirt, didnt matter...

27. MXmaniac

MXmaniac
    from Denton, TX

I'm 18. I've always been into anything mechanical, especially old stuff. I like to see things the way they were in their heyday, and I love the history and stories they have. So when I really got bit by the car bug traditional rods and customs were right up my alley. I want my old cars to have an old car feel to them, I don't want all the modern comfort features and gadgets to ruin the vibe. And I usually don't even try to explain it to those that "don't get it". If they don't get it I'd just be wasting my time trying to explain what's so cool about real hot-rods.

28. truerebel

truerebel

i have 4 cars currently 3 insured i work for the studios TV film setting up lights running them using a consul taking them down that kind of thing makes plenty of money when most of the time I'm just waiting for the next scene not bad for a 20 year old who moved out at 18

29. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Hahaha, if that's not the fucking truth, and you know it's happened to us way too many times...