Register now to get rid of these ads!

DFW folks....hot rods and pinup models??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by negativeMatt, Mar 18, 2009.

1. so, do you need another reason to drive you're hot rod??? well then, i might have what you're looking for....a good friend of mine is putting on a little shin dig in dallas on saturday, may 16th, starting at 4pm,called "hot rods and heels" it's a pin-up, burlesque, photography type thing at the old club1 building in dallas. there will be vendors with all types of vintage and kulture wears, as well as pin-up models and photographers. i'm sure they'll be taking pictures, so, what better backdrop than YOUR car??

there will be secured parking for the first 20 cars, so get there early!!

she'll be along in a bit to fill out the details and clue you all in...mabye even put up a few shots of her own...va va voom! you can also visit myspace/hotrodsandheels for more info
    [​IMG]

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

"Erin Gobraughless" no THAT Is clever! And just in time for St Patties Day!

3. ha ha , i know,right? i laughed when i read that one!

4. Big Tony

Big Tony

Diggin the names...sounds like a hell of a time

5. should be fun! might even have my pile together by then! had a blast at the thaw(or was it the freeze?) by the way!

6. TexasDart

TexasDart

They can take pictures in my vert anytime...:)

7. Sweet, sounds good.

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

9. Anderson

Anderson

I'm a whore so I might bring the car down...

though some "pin-up models" are uh....well, I guess I'd better but some extra air in my tires just in case.

10. cracker head

cracker head

they need love too:D

11. Nice Polara

12. ha ha, i know, right. i told her she needed to change that!

this is gonna be a good time. the place has a bar, food, and is gonna run from 4 until ?

13. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

might have to roll the caddy out for this...

14. bigken

bigken

Nevermind..........?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  15. nope. this is all new folks. it's more of a pin-up show with cool cars in the parking lot kinda thing....oh yeah, and pin up girls taking pics with santa claus!!

16. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

There are still vendors left that haven't withdrawn from this farce? Amazing.

I find it interesting that someone would put on a photography and pinup contest and enter it themselves when they are organizing the event. Isn't the prize all the money vendors spent to book booths? Wasn't she magiclly winning the popular vote the last time anyone checked? This show is nothing more than a sad and disgusting money grab by a johnny come lately wannabe pinup photographer.

What's really sad is no one would have been the wiser if she would have simply responded to vendor questions and not tried to hide herself behind half a dozen other people like some misbegotten Wizard of Oz character.

This class act also uses some shadowy unidentified male figurehead making vague threats of "slander" lawsuits behind a blocked number at all hours of the night. Newsflash, Einstein, it isn't slander if it is true.

I'd avoid this show like the plague. Prime example of some scenester jerkwad trying to cash in on the latest trends at the expense of anyone or anything around them.

17. REALLY?? i'm not quite sure where you are getting your info, but i contacted the "producer" of this show, and i know for a fact your info is false. if you have questions about this, feel free to contact me and i'll set ya straight. really, feel free.

anyway.........other than the drama a few kids are trying to create, this promises to be a good time. good art, good times, and good cars. performers and vendors are solid booked, the bar will be flowing what else do ya need?

feel free to contact me for more info....really.

18. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

I've gotten all the info I need directly from the source. How many vendors are left? You can discuss that info since you're so eager. Consider yourself contacted. You realize that she is violating Copyright Laws by not taking down the vendors' images that backed out, right? They no longer have any affiliation with this show and should not have their names and work associated with it. She and her 1Am buddy are so in tune with Slander Law, you'd think she would know something about copyright. Or are you the guy that has been calling everyone?

19. first up....this drama will not be hashed out on the board. pm sent

20. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

People have a right to know when something that isn't on the up and up is happening. I won't see the HAMB made a friendly place for those that would take advantage of others in the same hobby.

21. yes, they do...anybody wanna know, pm me.

22. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

i will drive the econoline down but i doubt anyone will want to pose with it.
    Maybe Big Ken will. Please?
    b

23. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

Why would they? You sought me out in PMs and still haven't provided anything to counter the FACTS that I have stated, other than "I have never put on a car show." I'd say you certainly aren't in a postion to know me well enough to make such assumptions.

24. will that thing make it that far? ha ha

25. hankcash

hankcash

Awesome... I'll set up a booth right next to you selling Tetnis shots.

hc

26. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i'll bring the bird, hopefully it will be fresh out of the paint booth..maybe i can get a few more to join in as well. looking forward to it..DRAMA OR NOT..

27. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

How much are tickets?

28. ok, here's the deal...for the first 15 hambers that contact me who'd like to come, and are driving your car out (pre 63), i'll cover your ticket! this will be in a secured lot, and the ladies will be out to do photos. shop banners, club banners, etc are welcome too

tickets go on sale april 1st and are 15.00 bucks. that gets you in for the full bar, full menu restaurant, vendors, performers and burlesque shows!! it's kid friendly from 4 pm till 8pm, then after 8....va va voom!!

the talent of these models,photographers and vendors is amazing, and will be a good time.

anybody wishing to vend art, or hot rod photography pm me, i got the hook up!

29. 5window

5window

Hard to tell who's up and honest here. Still more questions: Angela Ryan or Angel Aryan?
    Anyway, it's in Texas and not my style anyway. Good luck, but let's close this thread ond move on to something like, oh, "traditional hotrods"?

30. it's angela ryan......and whats the big deal about trying to get cars out on a saturday night?

aside from a few trouble makers, this is gonna be a good time. sucks you're not in texas!