Register now to get rid of these ads!

In need of some relay help...please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cactus1, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Is there anyone out in the Pennsylvania area planning a trip West anytime soon? A fellow HAMBer has a some floor sections for my truck that I am purchasing ( sheet metal sections approx 4' x 3' ). I am in Kansas City, therein lies the problem.

The seller would prefer not to ship due to the size of said item, though I have not yet attempted to get a shipping quote. Has anyone gone the Greyhound route on something of this size?

Thank you for your time.

2. Still working on this.

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

PA is a big state, can you be more specific?

4. sawzall

sawzall

greyhound would be easy..

5. yes the bus is safe generally and cheap..no wrapping required either..shipped vega hoods and doors,,,cross country for under $100..been about 6 years ago,,,,

6. He is in Lehighton, PA ?

What's the process for this?...take it to the station, buy it a ticket, and send it on it's way?

7. 3Mike6

3Mike6

There is a "Relay Group" on the HAMB, you might have some luck with.

8. 3Mike6

3Mike6

Oh, go to the Main Page, look under "Quick Links" and find "Social Groups", then search/scroll from there.

9. I shipped some floor peices from a 64 Galaxie from here (CA) to PA. They were rocker to rocker, about 3 feet wide each.
    I wrapped them in cardboard and shrinkwrap. They were close to 100 pounds (the limit) and cost about 120.00.

You are supposed to wrap the items. If it has sharp edges, or can hurt other luggage, or be hurt by luggage, they won't take it.
    I'd be pissed if I bought something and it wasn't wrapped.

You take it to the station, they measure and weigh it, and tell you how much it is.

the guy could sandwich the parts in cardboard and tape it up real good.

10. I did not know that, thank you... I'll throw out a line over there.

Very good. Thanks for the info, that sounds like it might be the way to go from a cost standpoint.

11. It would be cheaper from him to you since its not as far.

12. Dudes going to Carlisle , any kind souls close to me making the trip?