Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot rod girl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Haney, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sjrodder

sjrodder
    from vermont

Cool letter you got to love kids

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

It's funny, the last partial sentence your daughter wrote on page 1 said "fast as a....."
    I was thinking page 2 was going to get really colorful!

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Awesome! This is now one of my favorite hamb posts.

4. chris55

chris55

That is awesome! She will remember that first ride, for the rest of her life.

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

I couldnt have been more proud as a dad as I was right then...the entire lobby was crackin up....they were all thinkin it too, it just took a 3.5 year old to call it.[/quote]

HARDY FRIGGIN HAR!! Hey Salty, I've seen that truck and the little guy was right! It was the S-10 version of Mimi on the Drew Cary Show!

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good thread!!---Reminds me of my 3 kids always wanting to help do something with me when building my roadster back in the early sixty's, they grow up fast!!!----Now all of them are in their 50's!!!----Cherish the moments!!!!--------Don

7. My 4 year old son got the first test drive in my Chevy. We went around the block and when we got back, he looked up at me and said "That was cool dad." I couldn't have been more proud.

8. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

When I remind my 9 (almost 10) year old daughter that when my parts get in she is going to help me put my Muncie 4 speed back together you can she the excitement/enthusiasm in her little embarrassed slight smile. As difficult as it is to work a little slower while teaching her something, I think this will be a big pride and confidence builder for her and well worth the extra effort.

Now, if I could get my 7 (almost 8) daughter to have some excitement about this stuff I might get more things done.

Marty McFly

9. zorch

zorch

Cool letter. Kids wail. My little neice (by marraige) came down to dinner one night with felt marker all over her arms. "So I can look like Uncle Chris," she told them. I have tattoos down my arms. Her folks do not. They about crapped their Dockers. Me, I'm still get a laugh out of it.:cool:

10. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

I've got a similar class report my daughter did about a car club we belonged to where she told how neat it was to go on runs and car shows she did this when she was about 11 years old she's 43 now and I still have that report she got a "B" from the teacher..:D

11. vert1940

vert1940

i had a 34 ford 2-dr sedan for about 17 yrs...my girls grew up in it.they loved going to shows so they could spend the night in a hotel,and then play games at the car shows.they liked it when people would ask"what color is that?"...they would blurt out...candyorientalblueoverblackpearl...like it was one word..then they got to about age 14 and it was "dad do we have to go anymore?" that was a low point,but at least they knew more about cars than all their boyfriends.

12. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

You may have turned young Julie into a future hotrodder that very moment. Too cool.

My buddy was telling me about his 3 year old girl mimicking the sounds of her dad's car in pre-school in contrast to the rest of the kids. Other kids: (attempt at fart can honda sound) "buuuuuoooooom-buuuooooom". His daughter:"rumpity rumpity rumpity rump"...... "Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-(trans brake)BWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"(and she makes the car do a wheelie).
    Get those kids in the garage ASAP.

13. zombiemandan

zombiemandan
    from Wyoming

That's priceless. Can't wait till my boy gets a little older. He's 2.5 right now. I came in the other day and he was thumbing through a speedway, I asked him what he was looking at and he pointed at some coil springs and said "Daddy those are for wheels" I was surprised to say the least. I never taught him that he's just an observant little fella.

14. Gotta Love them Kids ! They say some darn smart things!

15. Killer kid! Thats awesome.
    I have my 4 yo daughter in my shop everyday well my boy is at school, no daycare for her. She has coloringbooks and her other stuff in my toolbox to play with. She usually ends up just helping me out with cars.
    Mr Haney, yer raising em right!

-Shiny

16. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Kids are the best because they don't mince words they just come right out and say what the feel. When my kids were younger they used to say "Burn rubber Daddy!" I had to do it!

17. When my daughter came into the world I knew for the first time what I was really here for... I love stuff like this ! Its why I keep the kids close to the cars and try to encourage their involvement... Its probably why I married their mom also - She had all the body work done on that Ford - just needed someone to spray it - and the rest is history.

18. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Kids can jolt you back to reality! Ver cool.

19. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Mr Haney, that made me SMILE, Thanks for posting it!

Nick.

20. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Dude, your leavin yourself WIDE open one that one :p

21. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Awesome. I had a custody weekend with my lil girl a few years back. She was about 4.
    We were driving across I-10 to see my mom.
    I was watching the I-10 traffic and I kept seeing her lift her hands up then drop them.
    I asked her what she was doing. She showed me. She lifted hands to plug her ears and LOUDLY over the mustangs exhaust...yelled "Daddy's car" then dropped her hands from her ears and said in a very quiet voice with her finger in a Sssh! "Mommy's car"
    Laughed my ass off.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  22. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

She spells better than most of us Hambers. awesome!

23. They are without a doubt something special. My daughter will be 4 in May and we have WAY too many stories.

She will tell ya dad has a cruiser ('54 Pontiac lowrider) and a racecar ('55 Pontiac gasser) and then she will gladly show you her racecar ('glass Bantam body) that her daddy is building for her.

We call Saturday and Sunday Mommy and Daddy day because we both work/daycare etc. I asked her this morning what she wanted to do tomorrow because it was Saturday and she said work in the back garage "on the gassa" because we need to make room in the front garage for her racecar.

When I showed her the U-tube clip on powerwheels she broke out into a smile, hushed me while it was playing and when it was done asked me why she can't do wheelies like that. When I told her they were souped up she gave me a confused look and said what kinda soup did they use? About 3 hours later she went into the pantry and came out with a can of soup and asked if we could work on her Jeep.:cool::D:D

When we go to the track she gives the guys in the waterbox the thumbs up. Her first time she was quite the sight, bundled up and her headphones that were way too big, nose running from the Alcohol guys smiling from ear to ear. She was shivering so I asked her if she was cold....she said, "NO!" she was excited. :eek:

Becareful though..... one of my earlier memories is "Bumping the starter" for my old man to set the timing on his cars. I also remember my mom yelling at him that I was too young for that. His reply was I couldn't reach the pedals so it was OK......and so the addiction started.

24. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Props on a great thread.
    When my daughter was about 3, my then-wife asks if I can watch our baby girl while working on a car in the garage because mommy had to go to the store. I tell my ex no-I can either finish working on the car OR watch the girl, but not both. So I took a break working and tried to find some way to see if my daughter was even remotely interested in "helping dad fix stuff". She grabs a big wrench and clumsily(just like her dad:rolleyes:) scratches the paint, not knowing any better. So I grabbed some ignition wrenches(remember that small pouch of wrenches?), and she was so excited that I had some wrenches that "were just her size" as she put it. Without even explaining to her "this is a bolt, this a nut, etc..." she automatically knew anything that had a hex head was for putting a wrench on and she went around the whole car and would pretend to go around and tighten every thing for me.
    "O.K. dad, those are tight. What else do you need me to tighten?" Who would have thought an afternoon of time lost on fixing the car could have turned into such a memorable experience. For me at least.

25. richie rebel

richie rebel

pretty cool story there MR HANEY......richie...........

26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

it actually should say "gold chain". If you guys only knew what a chainer Haney really is, you would kick him right off here. I haven't met his buddy Chris yet, but he is supposed to be an even bigger chainer. In fact, Chris works with gold chains to make a living.

Don't believe any of this BS, this is nothing more than a cruel ruse.

Ha, ha...just joshing ya Russ. Good thing you like the Stooges and have a sense of humor.

27. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

28. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

That is unfortunate but hilarious!!
    Gotta love kids.They are liable to say anything,anytime and in front of god knows who.

29. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Talked to C.W. today said he was cleaning his shotgun ! !

30. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

I haven't allways been the best Dad. One time taking my boys to school in 49 chevy flatbed dually, turned a corner and started to accellerate. My son fell out passenger door was hanging on to door handle, feet running as fast as he could ! ! I carfully slowed down so he was able to jump back into the truck ! !