Register now to get rid of these ads!

Worst news I could ever hear

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kickercompkid_99, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not even close. The worse thing is having the local deputy sheriff show up at where I was teaching to tell me my oldest son had been killed by a train the night before in Milwaukee, Oregon 20 years ago.

2. I agree wholeheartedly.

3. sundance

sundance
    from minnesota

by far not the WORST news, but thats been covered--in town here -the local parts store manager said that years ago when they remodeled and paved the parking lot, that all the old
    obsolete parts were buried in a hole dug in the parking lot before it was paved over !!

4. zombiemandan

zombiemandan
    from Wyoming

That's funny, I have crashed a few turbo K cars in races at the local dirt track. Bought them for a 100 bucks a peice. Think anybody will ever feel the same way about this junk as we do about our old junk?

5. But, this is why it's so cool to have an old car now. If everyone had one or it was easy to restore/modify one it would be just like another Honda going down the road. So, I say keep them rare, I'm proud of my three old cars, they make me who I am.

6. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

How about you show him some prices of what he buried goes for now?

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

did you jump up and smack the stupid out of him..lol
    jk..different mind set on people who dont understand this Hot Rodding thing..and some people lay no value on the automobile no matter the age of them or condition..to them they are just transportation...or even worse when they become old and not so pretty they are treated just like a used beer can..crush it and dump it..what a shame for us car guys eh?

8. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

a. stop being lazy and go get them.

b. they werent worth that much when he did it, are you going out of your way to save 84 honda civics?

c. worst news you could of heard from your boss is " dont come in tomorrow the plant is closing down"

- not really that big of a deal at all -

9. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

I guess its a matter of perspective. I had an '83 Dodge "Shelby" Charger when I was a kid. Worst POS ever made. I would have loved to push that thing into a giant meat grinder, but Im sure there's someone out there who loves em and collects em. I'll shake my head in wonder if those lemons are worth anything in 30 years.

10. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

LOL

Beneath the subdivision that covers our old family farm is a hole full of my uncle's discarded Indians. Run em til they break, push em in the hole, get another cheap........cheaper than feeding horses for getting around the farm!

BTW these are the gasoline drinking indians, not the fire water kind. No genocide involved.

11. I agree, if that's the worst news you ever heard you've definitely led a sheltered life and in the future you'll hear news that makes this so trivial you won't even recognize it. Who knows? I've got a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire right now that I'd push off in a hole in a heart beat, but what about 50 years down the road, that may be the most sought after set of wheels ever made. It's all relative, simply all relatively.

12. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

That's what i thought too, show him how much "gold" he buried in his yard, might make you feel a little better anyway. :rolleyes:

13. Yeah, you know, 'cause if everyone didn't bury all these neato old cars, then everyone in the world could have one, then we could all live in peace and harmony, in our big ole perfect hot rod world. Everything could be pinstriped....and...and...John Milner could be president. Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhh.......

14. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

I've buried dead pets, I've buried my feelings, I've buried the past, I've buried the puck, I've buried a few bones (wink, wink).....but I never buried a car. :p

15. Well, you could say its stuff like this that makes the one you have more valuable, but.... then again.... Waht the hell, Lets push him in the hole like the other guys recommend. Damn I hate it when stupid people get to decide!!

16. Wonder if he plants sweet corn there and it comes up brown?

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Now if nothing else this post just about wraps up the maturity level of so many on this board. Way to go guys, don't ever question why anyone looks down their noses at hot rodders.

Frank

18. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

My Dad buried a 348 W block behind my grandparents house because he had 2 hemi's and they were junk then.

19. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

i know where one of those cliffs are, i'm gunna check it out this summer, might be Good 60's parts, that would have been turned into toyotas otherwise

20. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Not the worse news you'll ever hear. For sure. If it is, you're lucky.

21. There's some very wise and sage words in this tread for a bunch of old motorheads. ;)

Ohhhh The humanity...I've never seen anything so horrible in my life.
    The poor jolopies are screaming for there lives.:eek::(:D

22. kickercompkid_99

kickercompkid_99
    from Carson, WA

Yeah, it is what it is... I guess that's why there aren't as many out there as there used to be, or everyone would have one. But I am gonna park my 95 suburban in the barn when it dies and maybe someday someone will find it and post about the sweet barn find they made! Is there anyway to change the title of this thread? I didn't mean to stir up bad feelings about me never getting any bad news, I know that everyone gets terrible news at some point in their lives, hell I still remember the day when I got the call that my brother had died, so sheltered life, NO! The worst news I could ever hear, probably not, sorry if I offended anyone!

23. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Just the other day I heard about some business executives making millions of dollars for performance bonuses. Nothing actually tangible traded hands.

Your Boss buried old cars 40 years ago instead of saving them for 40 years in order to profit from them?

I'm old. but not that old. I remember the 70's when T's and A's (ha ha) were old junk and not worth much. Should I have bought as many as I could have? Sure. Knowing what I know now, I would have spent evry last dime on Hemi Cuda's.

Cars are things. They don't love you in return. Lose a loved one and then tell me that your Boss burying some old cars was the worst thing ever.

Trust me, if you live long enough you will hear s**t that is 1000 times worse.

24. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

A friend of mine, older than me (if thats possible) told me that when he was a teenager in the 40's in LA, he would steal cars, take the parts he wanted and then bury the remains on his parents dairy. He liked 32 Fords. He's been taking a dirt nap himself for awhile.

25. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

for smackin the Boss up side his head?

26. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

No offense here,back in my teens I went to a wrecking yard in the middle of a town,it was in the bottom of a big sand mine. imagine a giant hole full of Fords from about 1917 to 1948 . The dirt(sand) was full of oil and parts. I filled a car with stuff just off the ground. it was being shut down so everything was free for removal. About 10 of us grabbed what we could and within a year the hole was filled completely. Today almost 40 years later you would never have known what was under there. Another time,before that i had an ancient Armstrong Siddely engine. it was so old knowone would take it away including restorers ,so i buried it in our backyard. later I found it was the engine from one of the first Armstrongs made in 1918. to a restorer it's gold today.
    The point is,to some people old cars are simply land fill and a nuisance, no matter how old. You will be prosecuted for doing that today if thats any consolation.

27. franklgr

franklgr
    from SWPDX

In 1974, when I built my house, 1958 Olds four doors were not anything but old cars. It cost more to take them to the junk yard than they would give you. No recycle then. Just junk yards. Soooo. As we had the equipment here for the construction we also flattened it then pushed it in a hole behind the house. My shop is now over that spot. I guess you could say I have an olds out back. Sort of. Sorry all you Olds freaks. I like caddys and buicks and flat heads.

28. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I have a story along the same lines. I lived in west Texas,Odessa area. When Chevron took over Gulf I had been working as a contrct welder for nearly ten years with Gulf. My contract transferred over to Chevron. I got a bonus for taking down all the old dreaded Gulf porcelian signs,approx. 600. They were junk because Gulf was out of business. All the old timers like my Dad that had worked for 39 years wanted a large round sign. I gave everyone that spoke up a sign. Guess what I did with the rest. I buried them on a friends place. I did think that some day they would be worth something so we sprayed them with cosmoline. I hope it's my retirement. They are still there.

29. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Amen Brother, hindsight is 20/20 and even though sad that all that old tin was buried, it wouldn't mean shit if you really got some bad news.

30. OT a little,
    When John Mellencamp sings
    "Family and friends are the best things I've known, through the eye of a needle I'll carry them home". In the song Minutes to Memories he puts it all into perspective.
    Cars are just things. Things we all enjoy but in the end they really don't matter. Nothing here does.