Register now to get rid of these ads!

my first car 1934 ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geage, Mar 17, 2009.

1. geage

geage

Here are a few more pics of it the day after I got it home.in it is my little brother , at the time he was 2 ,now he's 28. 5 min after these pics were taken my grand parents showed up to see my first car,they both walked right by it and ask... wheres the new car ?I pointed in back of them and said, you just walked by it,they turned around and my grand mother screeched,''THATS IT''! as she fell into a fit of hysterics,YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR THAT HA HA HA HA/I thought she was gonna piss her self, she was laughing so hard, then in between breathes and laughs she said''THEY USE TO PAY YOUR GRANDFATHER 50 CENTS A CAR TO CRUSH THEM WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER AT A JUNK YARD HE WORKED AT AS A KID.AND THEY WERE IN BETTER SHAPE THEN THAT THING,HA HA HA HA, so I look at my grand father who [had] pissed himself from laughing so hard and he just said , YA , THEY DID , HA HA HA HA.I just stood there stone faced thinking ....{you twisted old fruits,you just dont get it},,,,,,,,,,and not many people did,,,,but in the back of that shop that night I had a vision,,,,,some people go there whole life never havin one. but as I was running my hand over the smooth lines of that chopped top,,,,,,,,I felt something.....It couldnt be I thought ........I stopped breathing and held my hand in that spot ,,,and there it was ....a little rummble ...a faint heart beat,,or was it the low idle of a thumping cam,,,,then I was wisked way back in time ,or possibly into the future.I still havent figured it out after all this time..but I was in that car,,,up at the line....hand tightly gripping the wheel...my tence foot ready to punch the gas the second this hot chick out in front of our cars dropped her scarf to the tar..and when I say hot, I mean ''smoking hot ''long dirty blonde hair 'tight jeans and an ass that would stop a hurd of angry men dead in there tracks,her name was melissa .she had dark glasses on ,probably his dark glasses, I couldent see her eyes but I know she was looking right at me,and as soon as I dust this screw ball.Im gonna fly back here and take his girl to the drive in and have my way with her.and theres not a friggin thing anyone can do to stop me.........yup....at 15 years old ,I had my self a vision ,,,,,,,and they just DONT GET IT.

Attached Files:

2. geage

geage

HEY Rocky cool ride ,no luck on the doors , but whats the 5 speed you got going on the caddy eng

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that thing is awesome. and it looks like you are close by me. can't wait to see that in person. i can feel the heartbeat from here...

i'm building a 5w too.

[​IMG]

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

What an awesome ride...real nice!:cool:

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks like fun.

6. geage

geage

cool 5w mark that thing is in better shape than mine was when I started good luck and you are close very cool

7. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

good lookin car

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

let me know when you'll be out and about. like at the votech school cruise or something. i'd love to see it in person.

9. kisam

kisam

How about some before pics! Love it!

10. Very cool story. I wonder if the guy you bought it from is still alive.........

11. hvychvy

hvychvy

Wow,that looks KILLER!!

12. Bad Rat Nailhead

Bad Rat Nailhead

Hey will be there saturday i think a little east coast garage party would be cool. Maybe we can get more cars there i will bring mine and some other people will come. A whole bunch of cars parked around the shop.

13. nailhead ed

nailhead ed

hey badrat glad to see you are going to make it, i'll get a hold of glenn and scott and some of the other guys...see you sat. night for a little east coast hot rod flavor.........Jesse who?????

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great looking coupe and a cool story!
    Glad to hear your living your dream. Good for you,

15. Is your Dad still alive? He'd be so proud ..Great story, really cool ride..

16. Awesome car bud!

17. nailhead ed

nailhead ed

got some info for you on the brake lines....i'll drop it by on sat

18. geage

geage

cool ,round up the troops Ed , and thanks every one for your comments,my dads still around and the guy I got it from, not sure where or whats up with him heres some more pics

Attached Files:

19. jc555247

jc555247

Gregs dad here. Looks great

20. jc555247

jc555247

The night I drove Greg down to NB to trailer the 5 window home the guy he bought it from had a set up to punch louver and I was checking that out because I was working on a 55 Chevy. Well I am still working on that same 55 and about 2 or 3 months ago I was on this very HAMB looking for info on M21 Munci's and Hurst shifters. I was down in florida and this was going to be the Spring that I would finish the 55. Greg boughty this basket case, took up garage space and tinkered with it off and on for years, grew up moved out,( took the 34 with him) and a year or so ago he got serious about it.
    It looks great Greg. Nice rake, nice paint job. I can't wait to pull up next to it this summer at a stop light. I hope I have the 55 done by then.:)

21. volken65

volken65

This is a F!@#$'en awsome thread...
    sweet car man!!!

22. sickboy13

sickboy13

i just jizzed on my ol ladies computer!

23. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Glad that you stuck with it. Congrats!!!!!!

24. geage

geage

thanks

Attached Files:

25. greg,
    i like the rear axle nerf bar. cool coupe.
    Al.

26. geage

geage

thanks al , that was the orig axle that came with the car its a 40 something,I didnt like the width but I could'nt stand the thought of not using it somewhere

27. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

lookin forward to checkin that one out sat,heard alot though.cool story greg. by the smile on your kids face when they handed him a trophy at the alterboys,your passin it down.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  28. agentwaldo

agentwaldo
    from Ventura

Congratulations! it takes a lot of balls to stick to a project that long , finish it , and to get that fine looking ride out of it is just the icing on your cake . good job .

29. Lazy White Boy

Lazy White Boy

The guy i bought my a coupe body from told me the exact same thing "you'll never finish it." That ended up being great motivation for me, whenever i was burned out I would think about that retarded hillbilly laughing at me as I loaded it up and saying "you'll never finish it."

Sweet car, by the way.

30. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

How did I miss this....very cool.