Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage threads...posting

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Stevie G, Mar 19, 2009.

1. How many people look at the original posting date when they read a thread?
    It's interesting to read when someone reads the first post of a two year old thread and then immediately posts their answer...even though there are already five pages of answers or comments that have it covered.

2. 3Mike6

3Mike6

Show two things...the search function is working, and folks use it.

3. I'm gonna wait a couple years to answer your question.
    I'll get back to you:p.

4. john walker

john walker

we're all human, i think. lord knows i've done it. you never have?

5. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Well, at least it means they are using the search feature!

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i did that when i first started on here.then i happened to look over and see the date, and felt like a total dweeb.now i look to make sure,wait what was the date on this thread!!!oh crap:eek:

7. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I have done it both on accident and on purpose, (under somewhat different circumstances than listed above).

Frankly, I know that there are folks on here deserving of respect, this I offer, but when it comes right down to it I don't really care what most "real" folks think of me, and other posters on a forum are way down the list from there,,,

so, in other words, common courtesy not withstanding, reviving an old thread causes me little shame under any circumstances... :D

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Well in the classifieds it does'nt make sense,,but on Main board sometimes accidentally I think.

Yet in the same vein ,,look at all those folks who complain about repeat threads!
    Sometimes adding on to an existing one will help you get an answer and not hassle

9. I dig that people are using the search function, and I can understand reviving an old thread. It's the guys that read the first post and respond like they are the first one to have a response to the post. It just cracks me up.
    More of an amusement I am sharing, not a rant.

10. Have to admit- I'm guilty!

A few months back I aw a nice radiator shell in the classifieds that was PERFECT for the T speedster and shot off a PM to the owner... who posted the sale back in 2007.

11. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

The best threads often cover a 2-3 year period. They're the awesomest.

On the other hand, random griping opinion threads. Oh yeah, check those dates

I checked this one real close ;)

12. Good thread, unfortunately it will soon be moved to the Q&S section which none of the Newbies seem to grasp.