Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Family Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodncustom, Mar 17, 2009.

1. rodncustom

rodncustom

I'll go down there tommorow and take some interior pictures. Be forwarned, it currently has a very modern, billet, tech, dash. :)

2. rodncustom

rodncustom

Thank you very much. I put a lot of thought into it and the end result was far beyond what I was going for and received much more attention than anticipated. It was a custom built tank under the bed with a boat flip top opening in the bed. I'll see if I have any pictures. Are you building one?

3. Don't want to clutter up your wagon post. Check your PM's.

JH

4. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

Nice wagon, great color combo...have fun!

5. moses

moses

those first pics.is that lake city way ????? do you have a shop up there ...jeffrey
    oh ya sweet wagon..

6. rodncustom

rodncustom

Yes.

Thank you.

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that is a nice looking wagon. other then the large brake light in the tailgate, it looks like it does not need much. love the interior.

welcome to the long roof club

8. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Wow, nice collection.

I know it is off topic, but that is a nice maserati 3500. What is the black car past the 356?

9. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

She'll have many a memory in that car, very cool, very slick car... don't know what you have in mind the only things I think I'd change are oil, tires, brakes and miles on the odometer... :)

10. rodncustom

rodncustom

Thank you. The Maserati 3500 is my sisters(HAMB'er mzmasi) and the Black car which is actually very dark Blue that I belive you are talking about beyond the 356 is this one below, a 1956 Lotus Eleven LeMans and it belongs to my dad...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

thanks for the pics. That is one heck of a familly collection. Between my dad, brother and I we have a group of cars that is almost as diverse, but not near as nice condition or as rare.

12. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

Beautiful car. I think your ideas are great. The car really does not need much.
    I just wonder about street rodders sometimes. You think they were in the shop and looked at each and said.....Geez George maybe we should put a third brake light on the car. Then they looked around the shop and could not find anything small so the mounted the the bus tailamp to the gate. LOL. Funny how that works.
    Great buy. Looks like it will make a lot of memories. Have fun with it.

13. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

That is a very nice wagon.The silver is a really nice color for a long car.

14. wow! super cool ford wagon.

15. rodncustom

rodncustom

The plan is to change the steering wheel, relocate the stereo, and replace the billet dash panel with an engine turned one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. No joke!:eek:,,,the silver and red is just beautiful.

As far as the billet,,,you can change that without too much trouble,,heck paint will cure that!:D HRP

17. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Nice longroof. My dads old 63 drag wagon was red and silver inside and it was outta sight! Your daughter is sure to have many good memories in there!

18. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

What a bitchin wagon, I agree that the steering wheel has got to go and the dash redone and white walls are going to change the whole look.. for the better..Long Roofs forever..:D

19. Always loved the early to mid 50's Ranch Wagon's. This is a fine example and a little upgrades like you are talking about will make it that much better!

20. That's got a really nice interior that can easily be "de-streetrodded" with a few simple changes. It sounds like you've already got that under control.

21. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Now you can drop by 1954ford.com and show it off,we have a couple guys doing Ranch wagon builds.:)

22. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Sumbitch' is RED inside!!!!!!!!!

That is a nice wagon, it will come around.....

23. Nice ride Didn't Know Fedex even transported cars ?

24. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat car. I am sure you will make some changes to individualize it, but I would be proud to be seen in it anywhere, as is.

25. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Very nice family wagon

26. rodncustom

rodncustom

Thanks to all for the kind words. My daughter and I drove it a couple hundered miles today and everything was just great. The white walls are now on it as are the new caps for the wheels. In a couple weeks I should have the third brake light removed and fixed as well as the new steering wheel painted and on. I will post some update pictures at that time.

27. Very nice, I am jealous. I have a '54 Ranch wagon but it needs so much work. Trying to get my roadster done first. Love your family collection, I've got a 356 Cab and used to have a Lotus 26 R, next to hot rods, old sports cars are my next addiction. Speaking of a small world, I know Al Engel and go to Jokers meetings at his "club house", have you seen his collection ? Nothing short of amazing, your roadster pick up is in very good hands.
    Anyway I really like you Ranch Wagon, perhaps it is the inspiration I need to get mine going, and tell your dad I like his 356 roadster and his Lotus.

28. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very nice wagon looks better than new. I want my wife's car to be like that one something we can jump in and drive. Very nice

29. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

at least its still a ford under there. I caught the painting in the background, nice to see it such a nice setting