Register now to get rid of these ads!

H E L P !! Green Monster #5 Photos & Info Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jon Lundberg, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Troops:

A friend of mine in Tucson is new owner of the Arfons Brothers Green Monster #5. See the attached photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have created a small album with more photos you visit in the "ALBUMS" section here. First two photos are of the as it is today after 44 years in storage!

At present the car is "over-restored" and does not run. GM #5 originally ran Ranger-powered and was upgraded to Allison V-12 horsepower. Its rear design incorporated a the vertical-fixed portion of an aircraft rudder/tail. We know that to be the late '50s and would - in particular - appreciate any photos taken at the Oklahoma City Nationals.
    The owner wishes to complete a faithful-to-the-original restoration. Any information you can provide will be very much appreciated.

BTW ... we believe this to be the only remaining example of an early Green Monster.

Thank you,

2. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

I'm not sure you can call it Over-Restored if it was done by the guy who owned it for many Decades, and also used to Race it...

Seems to me that whatever it was when it left his care is part of that Cars History.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  4. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

I first saw the car in 1970. Interesting to see that Charlie found a good home for it. Good luck. JW