Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the F-BOMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty f100, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Rustyf100: Yep yep, a how-to, we call them a tech article. There's a whole tech section of the board. If you want to get more chicks and grow up to 3 more inches in length writing one is the way to do it! you've just done a really great job and it'd be cool for you to break it down for guys like me that aren't as skilled.

That's pretty funnny Freiburger actually read this thread. To car guys I know, the f-bomb will always be his Camaro. It's your car and its a great name and it fits, but if someone looks at you funny when you tell them the name, now you know why.

I've also heard rumors that Freiburger buried a car called proejct Heavy Metal in a cement tomb in his back yard, but that's unconfirmed.

2. 5window

5window

Also funny that he's listed as a "Newbie". Which just shows how important post count is.

3. Names are more important than you think. Take some time and think about that one, maybe it will you later.

The seats are very nice though. Wished I possessed that skill, because my Corvair seats need some love.

4. They say there's one in every crowd- i guess it's me today.

I'm not feelin' those seats at all.

The craftsmanship is excellent, but the design isn't nearly as good. "Custom" is supposed to be an improvement over the original design IMO.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

You have some serious skills. But I have to admit I like the red seats better.

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

WOW , Damn nice work !
    That "X " stitch pattern really sets the seat off real nicely !

7. 5window

5window

Oh, the "Emperor's New Clothes". I guess I like the red,too, but maybe the black suits his truck better.

8. wild willey

wild willey

Listen use the name. (F-Bomb ) It's a kool name. The 27 T was the 1st time that I saw the use of the name. Yeah "Frieburger" used it as well. So what!!! If Frieburger thinks he "cornered the market" on the name he's a bigger "TURD BURGLAR" than I thought he was. Your project is gonna be killa. Don't let some Hot Rod Magazine "weenie" bring you down man!!! Keep comin with the updates on your project. You got skillz man!!!

9. 5window

5window

The point is, thousands of hotrodders have seen the Camaro in the magazine,whether you respect it, or not. Followed by millions who will see it in the movie. So if you think anybody will consider it anything but copycat, and consequently also discount the truck, you probably have named your car the "General Lee" cause the horn plays "Dixie" and believe you thought that one up yourself.

Oh, and I think F-bomb really suits an F-100 and a Ford better than a Camaro-it's just too late. But, I actually think it's a dumb name for anything. But then I am probably just old.

10. wild willey

wild willey

General Lee is that the best you can come up with man! You can do better than that.F-Bomb has been used as far back as WWII on bombers that did just that. Dropped the F-Bomb. The problem today is HISTORY. No one nows it. They go and see some movie like Fast and Furious and start think that NOS is the cool thing to say. Rusty F100 call your truck what ever the hell you want to. Just know that the "Frieburgers" of the world will always be out there thinking they know better than the rest of us. Keep us updated on your progress.

11. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

I still can't believe I continue to read the posts on this thread... I guess it's like a train wreck!!!

Name? Name a car??? Maybe cool if you are 12... but I see NO sense in it. I can't believe that I'm the only one who thinks it is the most CHILDISH thing ever! Are we men here? Leave the guy alone already - he wants to name something, let him. What a waste of time and space on a thread that is showcasing his newly done seats.

I must be out of my mind...

12. 5window

5window

Oh, this is just stupid! Who cares what he names it? And if everyone else sees it as plagiarism,I really don't care. And I don't know, and really don't care, what you have against Dave Freiberger, but it seems odd you'd come on here and with 29 posts, including this silliness, badmouth a guy who obviously has a lot of car experience. That's Dave's problem it's not mine,either.

Still, I do hope you know cars better than you know history.
    http://www.dlackey.org/weblog/docs/Dropping the F-Bomb.pdf

13. wild willey

wild willey

My apologies to anyone that I have offended. Yes I only have 29 posts you are correct, I may have my history mixed up and anyone that claims to know everything cars that would not be me. Respectfully I hold my own. "I'm just a good Ol' boy ...... never meaning no harm"........ YEEEE HAAAA!!!!!

14. WOW!! 5window? really? plagiarism? is that the definition of using someone elses idea as your own and telling everone its your idea or your own words? is that like naming yourself "5window"? that was my idea(insert sacasm). to copy the name of a 60's camaro. i dont read HOTROD. i wouldnt have known who freiburger was until you ruined my world and told me some guy (no offense freiburger) built a camaro (which i have no taste for any camaro) that everyone in the world knows had the name "F-BOMB" before i wanted to name my 56 ford pickup (which happens to be my pet for the last 17 years). WHO the F*#k cares? i dont. hands down to mr. freiburger. a car well built. HEY everyone reading this ...on the record.....please tell everyone you know that dave freiburger named his camaro (which i now think is a very kickass car)F-BOMB and made it more famous than i ever could with my truck!!!!! And im also sorry that everyone is going to associate his car with my truck at a show or when its parked somewhere after i paint F-BOMB on the tailgate. all i wanted to do was showcase my seats that i just finished at school and 5window has made it very clear that my choice for a name for my truck was a better topic for this thread. Thank you 5window and to everyone else who liked or didnt like my seats.

15. by the way what do i have to do be a senior member?? post over 2000 times? man i gotta put some time in and tell everyone what i think!!!!! QUICK

16. might try being a ALLIANCE MEMBER first JMO. I kida dig the f100 dont worry about the name unless its a copyright issue...

17. i am an aliance member.

18. wild willey

wild willey

Please don't get discouraged by a couple of opinions. I really hope that you continue this thread. I want to see more of your talents man! I am building a 66 f100 and I need some inspiring. Thats the great thing about the H.A.M.B "diversity". May not agree with some of it all the time but it rocks!!

19. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

Were those custom covered seats, prior to re-doing them? Or did they come in that red color? They almost look like they had flake in them...just curious...

20. nope. that was the orignal vinyl. stiff as a rock!! no flake in them either just an effect of the photograph i guess.

21. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

What do I think??? I think you need to show me how to do that!!!!

22. wild willey

wild willey

WOW!!!! Impressed and inspired!!! I am nowhere close to where you are at. I need to get my "arse" in gear. DAMN MAN!!! Nice shop!!!!!

23. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

DAMN, that looks sweet

24. [​IMG]

its getting there.