Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P HAMBANDY (Andy Dunn)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

R.I.P Andy.

Roach

2. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Godspeed and may you rest in peace HAMBandy!

3. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

In relief that your suffering is over and a new beginning has begun. Peace be with you. We never met, but I felt like I did.

To the friends and family, he fought the good fight, and he finished the race. He will stand as an example to us all in grace and fortitude.

Goodbye, and rest in peace. Know that you were loved, and that we all will grieve but know that you were special. As we all can be. Thank you for being.

4. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Been mullin this over for a few min now....

Is there ANYTHING the family needs? They need help with the cost f the internment? I'm not trying to be crude or crass...rather support our friend and send him down the road in STYLE....

Andy prob wasnt your flowers type....and I'm at a lose...

any ideas from those that are closer to the family/Andy would be welcome....post em up...

We'll rally the flag one last time........

5. R.I.P. Hambandy

6. bigken

bigken

WOW - one hour to get here, and it's terrible. I miss him already. We were all pulling for him, but the Lord was pulling harder. No more pain, surgeries, or morphine. I'm happy Andy doesn't have to live like that any longer. Shit this hurts.
    My prayers are for the Dunns, Leon, and all the gang up there that turned parts and wrenches into a dream-come-true, for a little boy. That smile of his, is infectious.
    Thank you all that sent the least little thing, visits at the hospitals, p/m's, whatever it was you contributed. You all helped his dream come true.
    Wow, I was really hoping he'd pull through, and we could all race him at the drags. Guess I will take a rain-check and see him when I get up there.
    Can you guys just imagine the rod he's gonna have when we get there!
    RIP little buddy.

7. This news deeply saddens my heart. There just ain't no words except now the pain is gone for him...ours remains, but so do all of the GOOD memories. Finish the car...in his honor and maybe someone can pull some strings to get the car driven to an annual event each year, possibly named after him, maybe take pledges for so much a mile driven by that car to raise some money for his medical expenses or ?? and take the story of ANDY with the car to the people as an annual tribute to him and to his family and to his H.A.M.B. family as well....Prayers to his friend and his family.

8. RIP Andy, man such an inspiration to us all to lose. Fella was a bright spot for sure. My condolences to his family and friends y'all included. I will toast his memory tonight at the pub.-Weeks

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Man some things just aint right in this world.... RIP Andy

10. screwtheman

screwtheman

I'm coming out of HAMB retirement (unintentional & involuntary) to express my condolences. We lost a good one. :(

11. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Words written here can`t do justice to the way we all feel right now....and neither can they do justice to the light and Inspiration Andy spread among us all. It was truly an Honour, Andy......

12. Very sad news. RIP Andy.

13. crashbox

crashbox

This evening I came to realize that an "on line community" is real. Andy touch so many people here, and the sadness that I feel is real. I never met him in person, as most of us, but we met him through the HAMB. We liked this kid and always hoped for the best for him. I hope his mom and dad know just how much he meant to us all. This one of those times when words fail...RIP Andy.
    Tom

14. richie rebel

richie rebel

r.i.p.andy...............richie...................

15. I wonder if he knew how much he really meant to everyone who followed his story. I'm an outsider, I never got involved but, I'm so much richer for having following along and witnessing such bravery and strength. RIP little brother and thank you.

16. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

R.I.P. Andy..... My thoughts and prayers are with the Dunn family...

17. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

[​IMG] GOD SPEED little friend, we will miss you.

[​IMG]

18. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

Like all the others have said, he'll be missed here & everywhere. A true inspiration to the hotrodding world. RIP

19. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

RIP Andy, you will be missed.

20. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Right when I started lurking on here (under another members name) is about the time when he came around. I thought he was a damn cool kid and apparently so did 25 + pages worth of other folks. He touched a lot of folks on here. I'm sorry to see him go. RIP Andy.

21. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

I never really talked to him, but knew the story and kept him in my best wishes and prayers, and am very sorry to hear this, its guys like him that keeps real hotrodding alive and i am very sad to learn of his passing, god bless him and his family.

22. synthsis

synthsis

that's the fastest I've ever seen 500 replies to a thread and 100% rightfully so. This kid had heart like no other.

23. Until we meet young sir, Say hey to Lil' John.
    Please let us know what we can do for the family.
    I can't get his smile out of my head.

24. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

R.I.P. To young, but I hope everyone around him enjoyed his life. God will take care of him better than being here.

25. VonDad

VonDad

So So Sad. I don't have many heroes, but he was one. I will miss the encouragement reading about him kickin cancer's butt, and drivin his rod. I always felt so good knowin this young guy was out there.

The HAMB has been the greatest in what they did to help him. Proud and glad to be a part if only in words.

Go rest high on that mountain. Then, after you've rested, MAKE BIG BLACK MARKS ON THEM STREETS OF GOLD! God won't mind. He'll probably go along with ya hollerin "ROMP ON IT!"

To his family, especially his dad go my deepest sympathy and grief. Though never face to face I am still a better person because I have known all of you. Thank you for what you have inspired me to be and to do.

My best wishes and heartfelt gratitude to you all

Bill Turner
    VonDad

26. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Wow, what a shock. Thoughts are with the family and you Leon.

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I dont have much to add except that I hope those who actully met Andy and are feeling the loss personally stay strong.You may not know it but you have a certian toughness to put yourself in an emotionally voulnerable situation even though Im sure you enjoyed every minute of it!Thank you.

28. Clutched

Clutched

Good bye Andy- you will be missed. RIP.

29. Cirilian

Cirilian

Cancer sucks!! The world lost a little hot rodding soldier today. This young man was truly an inspiration.

Been mentioned before, but is there somewhere (paypal?) we can send donations to the family? Hope this doesn't come off as crude.

30. 21tat

21tat

R.I.P. Andy.