Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs New more door Merc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 mercules, Feb 26, 2009.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

You're welcome.

2. mikes51

mikes51

Congrats 51 Mercules, nice sedan!

I think Pro Stock was joking when he said "rare bumper". I think he has been trying to find one to replace the Briz bumpers that came with his car.

3. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I'm also trying to find some bumpers for my 2 door.Especially the rear.

4. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? You just bought a parts car!!!! LOL....

5. 51 mercules

51 mercules

6. banditomerc

banditomerc

I sliced a perfectly good 4 door to save a rusted out 2 door back in `84!:eek:I have a hard time sleeping at night since then!:D

7. Man the more I look at this car the more im diggin it!!! I just want cruise the shit out of that thing.

8. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Thanks again Jeff.When I was at the Autorama and talking to you.You got me thinking.You said it would be nice to have a custom Merc and one thats all stock,even if its a moredoor parked side by side in your garage.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  9. Nice set of wheels
    but I am partial to moredoors
    Enjoy

10. Not all of the '51 rear bumpers have that extra part that extends on the quarter.

LOL I already got my '50 front and '51 rear and they are already rechromed too.

11. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Cool.Maybe one day I'll get lucky and find some bumpers for my 2 door.

12. Squablow

Squablow

Now I'm REALLY confused. Are you referring to the trims on the quarters? Because they're not part of the bumper, they're attatched directly to the quarters, and I'm fairly sure they all had that.

Some were stainless and some chromed steel, my '51 has a stainless one on the driver's side and the passenger side one was chromed steel, it rusted away to the point that there's only about a 1" strip at the top left.

13. mikes51

mikes51

Mine are stainless. The driver's side is not bad but the right side is too dented up to use. Actually everything on the right side of the car was pretty banged up compared to the left. I guess that was from parallel parking in the 50's??

Has anyone noticed on some bumpers, some have those parallel grooves in the center, while some are completely smooth with no grooves?]

14. Yea I have,but you usually don't notice it unless the plate is off. Only occurs on the 51's though...

15. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Only every Merc ever made! :D

Thats usually first taken off on a custom application, are you looking for them? I will be freeing up a set soon as soon as I can get my 51 home. Ive ebayed a few so far, they go cheap.

16. lonewolf

lonewolf

cool ride 4doors are sweet.......i just picked up a 50 4dr nowere near that clean.........

17. Hehe, some other Merc guy told me they were part of the bumper, he's the wrong guy!!!! Yeah I'd be interested in a set, I'd like to see how they look.

18. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I like 49-51 Merc's 2&4 doors.I think they're all cool.

19. rougebeats

rougebeats

This is your driver??? Im interested to see what the project looks like!!
    Beautiful car.

20. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Thank you.My project is the one on my Avatar.

21. Just wanted to let you guys know I have a bunch of take off parts from my 51 mordoor. Went with a 50 grille. Currently getting ready to repaint the car. Going a dark green metallic like the Sam Barris Merc. Also building a killer 51 coupe, which is going to be at the 2010 Detroit Autorama. I haven't figured out how to upload photos to this site yet, so I'll include a link here for my albums on Photobucket.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/JDHRNC/

I own a shop in Ontario, Canada that specializes in building period correct hot rods and customs from the late 40s to 50s. The newer vehicles posted are some of my daily drivers.

22. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Do you have a rear bumper?

23. Squablow

Squablow

I need a bunch of stuff. Got a list? I need a headlight ring, a driver's side front fender trim, driver's grille wraparound piece (even if it's rotted through, I'll make castings), a passenger side rear bumper washboard trim, ect.

You should make a classified listing of your extra stuff, a lot of us are looking for parts.

24. Fantastic!!! The design, the details and and the quality of work... This will be something worth to wait for. I spent hours looking at your photos...

25. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

26. Bernardarama

Bernardarama

This may be weird but i would much rather have a moredoor merc then a 2 door its my dream

27. 51 mercules

51 mercules

That or the lincoln are about the only moredoor car's I like.

28. YEP! That's weird....