Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dennis Gage?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdchazer, Mar 16, 2009.

1. fanspete

fanspete

I think he invented the internet.

2. I really like his show! I have my DVR set to record every instalment.

I really like the relationship he has with Jay Leno because it gives a neat insight into what I think is one of the greatest car collectors of all time. I love Jay Leno's personality and outlook on the car hobby in general, and the fact that Jay has not allowed any other journalist the access to himself and his collection, I think, speaks volumes for Dennis Gage.

JG

3. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

He interviewed me w/ my Non HAMB car years ago at Plesanton. They shot video but I never saw it. Maybe my mug was too much for prime time. :rolleyes:

I thought he was pretty genuine. We talked a long time off camera.

4. Where did he come from? I would imagine once upon a time he crawled out of a vagina like everyone else. The only difference is he already had the mustache.

5. Rodder29

Rodder29

I met him at the Langley Cruise In about 8 or 9 years ago. He seemed OK....for a short guy:rolleyes:

6. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

I haven't met him But I have met his brothers and cousins quite few times...oyl, tempy, takko ,and good ol Speedo, I especially liked his little sis,vakuuum. Some of his gay cousins are a bit thin on it though.You know, the Feala gages? .
    The phliospocal cousin deppth gage went pretty deep ..... OK nurse,I'll have my pill now.

7. smittystoys

smittystoys

anyone who trys to support the car culture the way he does would get my backing.......

8. 73super

73super

I think that comes across on the show too. Come on guys.. who wouldn't LOVE his job. He does a great job on the show, is very knowledgable and the guy's into cars... I give him a thumbs up! :cool:

9. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

:eek:

YEP, YOU'VE PROVED THAT. :rolleyes: ;)

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I have a patent. But I can't grow a mustache to save my ass.

Maybe I should shave my head and run for PINKS!

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

He's the "King of Hand-gesturing?"
    Seems to know a bit about cars tho

12. racer756

racer756

He might be nice, but he's no Chuck Norris.:))

13. Sinner

Sinner

I agree, I saw him at big daddy's during a mopar show.
    He was riding around on a golf cart like he was king shit.
    We tried to say hi to him and he ignoerd is like we weren't even there.
    He's a total douche....

14. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Did anyone see the episode of pinks when he was gonna ride that bike down to see what happend at the other end of the track...... "Is this thing fast?" then he eats pavement. I was on the floor.

15. patman

patman

16. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

You sure that wasn't Big Daddy himself your talking about. He did that same thing to us at the US Nationals at Indy in '97. Dennis Gage grew up in Stockton, IL . About 30 miles east of Dubuque, IA.

17. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Geesh that an old photo, see the price? My daughter loves the things and they just came out with a "Bigger" package (2oz more) and they are over $2 a pop at Krogers.

But damn it sure looks like him..........

18. I don't get all these negitive post about running down guys because they are seen on television,,Dennis Gage,Barry McGuire,and now you drag in Big Daddy Don Garlets ,,whats the problem,,all these guys have done nothing but make owning and driving a hot rod visible to the general public and more aware and less likely the law makers are going to pull some knee jerk reaction laws against guys in hot rods.

I recall a time back in the early 60's you were asking for a ticket just driving a hot rod around town.now we even get thumbs up from cops.

I for one am glad these guys are doing what they do,,,

Maybe a new group is need,,

"The Hamb guys sewing circle and gossip gang"
    We bitch about everything because we don't want to see the good side of anything! HRP

19. teddyp

teddyp

Met dennis at lead east seem like a good guy to me

20. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

No I think that was Al Gore, no wait, Al Gore invented this Global Warming that i'm still waiting for.

21. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I could not agree more, these guys are helping this hobby reach highter level

22. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Mustache Man is the shit...didn't know he invented pringles...they're the shit too...

23. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

Talked with him a couple of times, once he seemed like a nice guy & once a jerk. Maybe that was because the first time we were talking about my car and the second time we weren’t. I think he’s a guy with a lifelong passion for cars who worked that into a cool gig. I’m sure he meets a lot of interesting people and has to put up with a lot of jerks, so it all depends on what kind of a day he’s having… kind of like all of us.

24. repoguy

repoguy

Seriously,

who cares?

25. No, that was Al Gore ........... along with "Global Warming" etc ..

26. We met him in 2003 at the Ford 100th. celebration in Dearborn. He interviewed my dad for the show. Very nice guy and really into all types of cars.

27. Have to agree; he is a great spokesman for the entire hobby. The guy is
    positive and enthusiastic about all things automotive.....
    Besides, he did a nice piece on my bro's english Marcos last year at the
    Anchorage car show and aired it on his TV show.......
    Robb

28. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Im not sure about the inventing the pringles bit, but he does have an impressive resume and a stash worth many awards. Heres a little link about pringles, but you can't believe everything you read there either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pringles

29. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

My sister used to date a guy with a stash like Dennis'. She got so pissed off at him that one night she cut 1/2 of it off. The guy walked around like that instead of making it even on both sides.

DW

30. Scotch

Scotch

I've had the pleasure of working with Dennis a few times. He's just a guy who loves cars, like the rest of us. While we were hanging out, he was asked a bunch of questions and people asked for pics and autographs. He stopped our 'work' conversation to make sure people got the pics and signatures they wanted, then would 'click' back into work mode.

I don't think he could have been any nicer. If anyone ever felt he didn't give them enough time, he must have really been pressed to get something done. He is a genuinely nice guy who appreciates the life he has and doesn't try to be someone he's not. He knows a lot about cars, but will be the first to tell you his knowledge is limited compared to the enthusiasts he meets on the show.

I think he's a great ambassador for the hobby, and that distinctive look and voice don't hurt either.