Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects few pics of the detailed motor for checkered past ! painted and almost done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Mar 14, 2009.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

few shots of the engine i'm wrapping up for my 28 roadster pickup ! computers alittle slow now , will post more pics tommorow ! the truck is undergoing a complete makeover engine assembly is about complete. frame will hopefully be done tomorow and body work is underway ! let me know what you think ! will post more pics of the build soon !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

3. ratster

ratster

nice n clean

4. dude that looks really nice, what you got for heads, exhaust ports look a little large!

Brad

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

they are edelbrock aluminum heads ! i painted them cause i wanted some street camo !

6. Is that eng going in your rpu? gonna have to run with a few plug wires off till you get used to the power! Hope to see it around this summer, tryin to get my junk ready to roll. The valve covers look sweet as well. Nice work

Brad

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

ya thats what its goin in to ! should be a handfull , a little differance frpm the 4 cylinder huh !

8. Defisch

Defisch
    from Hudson FL.

Very nice. Thats a good lookin mill.

9. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

That should move it down the road! Real nice.

10. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

She sure is pretty!

11. pie pie

pie pie
    from missouri

were did you get the valve cover adaptors?

12. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very nice! Great looking engine. I'm a small block Ford fan, too... Can you tell us more about the valve covers and water pump? What transmission are you going to run?

Malcolm

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

had a buddy machine them for me ! but i got the idea from second strike cobra parts ! now let the beatings begin ! haha

15. Super sano build man - dontcha love em when theyre all nice and fresh like that ?

I know I do hehe.....

Rat

16. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

thanks !early fe ford valve covers ! not trying to disguise it as an fe just couldnt find any small block ford valve covers i liked ! had a machinist friend make the adapters allthough i know they are available ! originaly wanted to run an early 260-289 timing cover with the oil fill tube and put the pcv in the intake but after getting the one i found degreased and noticed it was cracked i just pulled holes in the covers for pcv and breather ! waterpump was a must as the chassis is an early chassis engineering set up for a small block chevy ! with alittle haggling the ford fit about perfect as the firewall is recessed but the waterpump was to long , its a snow white shorty conversion using an opel gt pump and machined adapter frees up about 2 inches ! was gonna run an aod but it would have required alot of modification to the crossmember so a built c4 is going in with little work , just had to fab a new mount !

17. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

sharp looking engine

18. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

thats enough to make a grown man cry!!

19. HD74

HD74

The motor looks sweet, man.

20. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

just hauled the cab off to get soda blasted ! picked up the box primered and ready for color ! will try to get pics up tonight !

21. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Cool beard....nice motor too.

22. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

thats actually my friend - mechanich - mentor ! he's 70 years young and still goin strong ! been a ford mechanich since he was 16 ! grew up durring the haydays of fords racing programs and has built and raced everything ! that man has probbably forgot more than most will ever remember ! i listen very carefully to everything he has to say , as he states once us old timers are gone all this knowledge is too ! he makes me do everything myself but is there to look over my shoulder and catches me everyonce and corrects me ! i'm very fortunate to have met him and befriended him !i'm actually the younger one in the photos

23. Thats cool hes been a ford mechanic for so long. Im a ford mechanic to, but all I get to work on is new crap, and it sucks! Cant wait to see some more pics

Brad

24. 55X150

55X150

it's a beauty

25. El Gordo

El Gordo

Is Santa hotrodin' his Sleigh??

Just kiddin' - You lucked out with am engine mentor like that:cool:[​IMG]

26. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

wow thats a sweet and colorful build brother... i think i need to go and get my sunglasses cuz its so bright lol

27. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

think i'll get this picture blown up for christmas ! haha

28. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

Motor looks great. I love the painted heads. Did the same thing to my sbc to make it look a little less rowdy. Your nitrous should hide pretty good. Where are you mounting the solenoid? Here is a pick of my motor. The paint hides the heads but my nitrous is a little hard to hide. Are you going to the Hamb drags this year?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

the solenoids mount on each side of the front of the carb ! i dont think there's any hiding it !no hoodsides or hood on my truck and the bottle will be in the bed ! not 100% sure on running it yet or not ! this engine is way more than i need in this little light truck ! will probably go in though ! i would already have to be goin pretty good before i hit it or the ass end's gonna pass me ! gonna try and make it to the hamb drags !

30. S.F.

S.F.

Thats cool, that thing is gonna haul ass!