Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Blackie's Milestone........50th Fresno Autorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Mar 14, 2009.

1. I think that started out as a Brizio "instant T" the scoop is a Archer design Ive got one and it came from Roy Brizio,it was a ISCA champ back in the day and is in many showworld programs from back in the day,owners name was/is Molino if I remember corectly........

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and story. I would have loved to have made it out for the show!

The Ala Kart and Barris Merc must have made a quick cross country trip, they were just in Detroit last weekend!

3. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great Shots thanks!

4. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

This was such a great show. I was there all day, all three days. There was many legends there. I sat next to and got to talk to Richard Peters (original owner of the Ala Kart) a little bit while having breakfast at George's saturday morning. Later I saw cleaning the Ala Kart. Barris was there, Winfield and De Ausgustio. There were tons of AMBR winners. In his speech before they handed out all the awards Blackie said that he was going to keep putting on the show until he couldn't anymore. but he didn't think he would be able to top this show. He said he will never do another with two buildings again.
    Jimmy

5. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

The yellow T is the Candyman car from the 70's it was owned by Jim Molino from Concord, Ca and it won the AMBR award, Blackie bought it and its now in his collection as well as a couple of other AMBR cars, Blackie is an awesome guy who puts on a kick ass show by hand picking the cars:D

6. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Great pictures, thanks for posting!

7. Nice pics! I am bummed I missed it this year.

8. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Old Man Scrub has a very nice car!

9. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Thanks for the pics. What a collection and history there.:)

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

11. Awesome photos, thanks for taking the time to share them.