Register now to get rid of these ads!

Avatar - How did you make your choice?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3rd Gen Hot Rodder, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Well, I just got a new hat and a new box of cigars....[​IMG]

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Mine is my club's logo drawn by Steve Karp. We just got the embroidery on our jackets done up.

3. hotrod_guy

hotrod_guy
    from CA

Mine is my first streetrod. Why not!

4. B/A Willys

B/A Willys

Easy Choice, my user name on the H.A.M.B. is taken from my project car, and the side window is shown as my avatar. I am about a season away from finishing (finally) my 1933 Willys altered "race car". Being a little different than the usuall '33 Willys seen around, mine will be an open front, altered wheel base, period correct (pretty much) race car from back in the day. It will feature Radir 10" pie pan white wall slicks w/Torque Thrust D's, wide whites up front on Torque Thrusts and on a Ford straight axel, 350 Chevy w/2 4bbl tunnel ram, zoomies, and much finned alum parts. Turbo 400, S-10 rear on ladder bars, wheelie bars, and of course a vintage parachute. It will be finished in satin black, with red sparkle scallops down the side. My goal is to build a car that looks like something you might have seen at the dragstrip back in the day, but it will be for the street. The B/A could be for the AHRA B Altered class, but is also for "Bad Ass" as seen on the window. Therefore the car will be called "Bad Ass Willys". Also if you notice the "pro" numbers, the 33 is for the year Willys, and the 77 is for the coupe model number. This car has been in my head since I was a kid, it's been in my shop for about twenty years. It is 100% home built by me, and in 2010 it should finally roll out. Stay tuned...

5. bigolds

bigolds

Took the picture...turned out pretty cool....so I used it!!!

6. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

On any BB I change it up. It depends on the pics I have taken lateley. Right now, I am engrossed in our gauges, so the avatar is appropriate.

It will probably be something else soon, I have a short attention span.

Mark

7. Scotch

Scotch

I was a fan of Jonny Quest growing up- the original ones where they didn't catch the bad guys, they just blew 'em up.

The baddest member of the Quest team was Race Bannon. He was the one who'd end up fighting the bad guys, shooting them, and blowing them up.

When I started getting grey hair at 18, I was mortified thinking I'd look old beyond my years. So, I thought- are there any bad ass guys out there with grey hair?

Yes...there's Race Bannon!

So, now that I'm in my early 40s and just about all grey, Im not old. I'm just doing my Race Bannon look right now.

8. Mr. Weld

Mr. Weld

Mine is my A coupe at the Rat Rod Rumble May 2008 kickin some asses on the track. For those who know the car watch for me this year, added powerglide, trans brake, new 9 inch rear with all new ladder bar set up and will have a little NOS on the blower. I really want to tear shit up this year.. Shooting to run low 6's in the 1/8

9. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Mine is my new logo for Elmo Rodge Racing. Wayno

10. Scotch

Scotch

Good Luck man! That's totally kick ass!

11. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

mine is the 1968 olds 455, from my 1968 schiada jet boat, it dropped an exhaust valve at around 4200 rpms, you can barely see the side of the valve head stuck in the piston on the right side.....the block can actually be rebuilt......so im saving it for a hot rod, and sticking a 454 in the boat

12. Bull

Bull

It's my favorite view.

13. Recluse

Recluse
    from Montana

Mine is the one that was. My last real toy. Had to sell it when I retired from the military a few decades past, because there was no way we could move three vehicles cross country. Had two cars, a 61 Chevy and a 61 Ford, both big blocks and the pickup. Told the wife we would put all three up for sale and sell whichever one got a decent first offer. Unfortunately the pickup got several offers right away so I sold it and of course, that was the one I really wanted to keep. Got offers on the others the next day. Go figure. I still miss that truck. Last I knew, it was in Albuquerque. Wish I knew where it was now, I would try to strike a deal for it. Then again, I just might build another one.

14. KK500

KK500

Had much the same effect on me dude..........I think we can feel red-blooded-"straight" about it tho!!!!

15. Philbilly

Philbilly

Mine is tattoo that I have on my forearm. I couldn't think of anything else to use.

16. I've been wanting to commission a pin striper/sign painter to do a nice professional looking sign for me with my user name. So I figured while I'm in Japan I'd have Makoto do it for me. I gave him a general idea and told him to surprise me for the rest. I'm really happy with his work and I'll be having him do more for me before I leave here.

17. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Mine is usually my car, but it changes sometimes.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back when I first joined the HAMB I was restoring a 1937 Harley, a twin to the one my Dad bought new. I sold the rolling project last October and replaced the avitar with "Alley Oop" the Lyndwood rail that has me as caretaker/ restorer.

19. My avatar is one of my cars, a P-7 coupe, my other car is a '46 Plymouth Coupe which is a P-15.
    So both cars feel the love, I switch pics from time to time.