Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have any 33,34 chevy pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33_chevy, Mar 15, 2009.

1. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

I was wondering if anyone had any shots of there 33,34 chevys.I would love to see them.

2. This is the best I can do right now.

Attached Files:

3. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Here's a few of my 34 Master. First from when it was still in the calf barn, and the second, after it was cleaned up and loosely bolted back together . The third pic is of a 33 Chevy that was posted on here, (and is how I want to build my 34 like).:D:D:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Dad's '33 Chevy Master 2dr. He bought it in 1980 in Gunbarrell City, TX. I remember riding shotgun in it when I was a wee lad. He parked it in the garage until we moved to Corpus Christi in 1987, and it sat in that garage until about 2 years ago. Put it back on the street, and now it's undergoing a MII front suspension/discs/PS/etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ak's-r-us

ak's-r-us
    from oregon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just drug this one home outa the woods.

33 standard

6. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Sure it isn't a 34 or 35 Standard? The cowl, firewall area looks kinda long for a 33.

7. ak's-r-us

ak's-r-us
    from oregon

i have no idea, i was told it was a 33, and based on the decklid size figured out it was a standard.

anybody else wanna take a crack at what it really is?

8. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

9. ak's-r-us

ak's-r-us
    from oregon

so what would be different between a 34 and 35? is there any differences in the dash?

10. JimSibley

JimSibley

Heres mine.

Attached Files:

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Very few, (if any), differences between a 34 and 35 Standard. They were basically the same car. It is definitely a Standard, because a Master would have a glove box in the dash. Here's a pic of a 34 Master dash, (the glove box door is missing though).

Attached Files:

12. 8flat

8flat

Some random pics I've collected. The third termite pile shown is my '33 in the shop, it shows how the hood doesn't extend as far back on the cowl as a '34 does, that's the easiest way to tell the difference.

And don't get me started on the other differences, such as cowl vents or door sizes....we're finding out that different factories even varied on some of these things during the same model year. It makes finding parts look like an Indiana Jones movie....LOL

Attached Files:

13. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Here is mine,i am currently building another motor right now and will be trying my luck with a 6x2 crossram x1 edelbrock with 94 carbs.i hope to have it in the car and running by memorial weekend car show here in corpus christi texas.I do have a question for you chevy guys.can anyone tell me where the vin number is located at,mine is a standard 33.

Attached Files:

14. 8flat

8flat

Nice lookin' ride, especially that engine. The VIN number was on a tag attached to the passenger floorboard, at least that's what I've read. Mine was missing because the wood was long gone, probably a common issue with these things. Who was the brain surgeon that came up with that location?

15. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Here's a nice '34

Attached Files:

16. 28rpu

28rpu

That is correct. They were attached to the wood floor board. That's where the one on my '35 std was. The one at the top of the page is a '34-5 standard. Nick

17. I would assume that goes for the trucks too?

18. 28rpu

28rpu

I meant the coupe in question above for the year. I don't know where the vin's were on the trucks.

19. 272sedan

272sedan

heres my 34 Ive had it for 11 years it was my 1st build and is about to get rebuilt

Attached Files:

20. 8flat

8flat

Hard tellin'. GM (and Fisher) did some strange, frustrating things back then.

But if you're dealt lemons, make lemonade. I have enough good wood left over from my coupe to make a picture frame for my great uncle, who hotrodded around in my coupe back in the '40s. (he's still alive and thinks it's great that I'm trying to resurrect the old jalopy)