Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. mrbthebarber

mrbthebarber

In my first 58 Buick I found the build sheet under the back seat which was real cool & in my 58 Buick Limited coupe I found what was clearly a 50's drive in malt shop type straw, still in it's paper ( a big deal when u live in crappy southern England don't ya know!! ) which sadly disintegrated as soon as saw sunlight!! Oh & also a scorpion in a 59 TBird!!

2. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

I found the instrument cluster and taillights from a 49 mercury in the back of a 59 chevy brookwood stationwagon I paid a 100.00 dollars for.

3. madjack

madjack

A tazer. The wife's poodle doesn't think much of it

4. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

When my grandfather died we had to clean out his 37 chevy ,a 29 ford model A , and a 63 chevy 2 convertible ! He liked to hide money from grandma ,$500 in each car , in little old metal cans !!!! The worst thing is he out lived my grandmother by 4 years !!! I think he forgot where he put it !!!!

5. Ya know I've already posted on this one and I can't believe it is still alive.

But I overlooked the utmost coolest thing I have ever found on an old car, it would have been a 55 Ford Ranchwagon and that was and is Mrs 'Beaner. Ask anyone who knows and they'll tell you for fact that there isn't anyone, or anything that compares.

6. My '40 Nash coupe came with a trunk full of wood trim pieces of some sort. The jack was laying on the seat, two spare side grilles in the back along with a couple boxes I haven't bothered to go through yet.

I don't know if I posted this in the other thread like this, but there was about a '71 Electra in a junkyard I used to go to pretty regular. It sat with the trunk open and full of leaves, in the winter the snow would weigh it down and close it, and it probably sat there from the mid-80s until it got scrapped in the mid-90s.

Scattered in the trunk and inside the car was the remains of a train set and a bunch of slot car track. Being dumb I didn't think to pull the seats out and look for the slot cars, but I did get all the track - most of it junk - and the whole train set, free. It was an Athearn HO set from about 1960. The engine's motor was shot, but I did get several of the cars cleaned up and rolling again. A lot of guys like to detail the trains by making them look weathered with paint and chalk and so on - these things came with 10+ years of natural weathering.

7. voetsek

voetsek
    from Maryland

Nothing cool here other than excessive amounts of change. Had one car that was wrecked that I bought for the engine and wheels that had most of the usual items from someone who drives a car daily in it. Guess when they hit a Jersey Barrier at highway speeds they don't think to clean out stuff before it goes to the junkyard. Got some nice tapes out of that one.

8. GaryC.

GaryC.

When I was eleven years old my dad had a 57 Plymouth Belveder.
    I reached under the front seat one day and came up with the coolest
    "spy camera". The thing was about 2" x 3" x 3/4" and used 16mm roll film.
    It was really well made in stainless steel.
    It was empty but I had a really cool toy that summer.

9. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr
    from Houston

In my Riviera, I found the original dealership service records that had documented every tune-up, warranty work, and service done to the car up to 23k miles. The car had 26k miles on it when I pulled it out of the barn. I thought that was a pretty cool find.

10. red3

red3

I had a 53 olds that had the original owners drivers license in it.

11. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I bought an old Nova from kind of a 'sketchy' character. He told me the reason the seats weren't completely bolted down was because he had been pulled over by the police and they searched the car. I didn't really believe him and didn't really care either. A year or two later when I went to replace the carpet in the car I found a small pot pipe under the passenger seat.:D I also found a deep 9/16" socket in the back of the trunk well.

I also found an old Beatles Sgt. Peppers trading card (I assume from the original record album) behind the dash of anold Malibu wagon I bought in high school.

Other than that while scrounging a bone yard outside of the cities I found an old pack of non-filtered Camel's in a late 60's Nova that didn't even have any government warnings on them. I kept those.

Jay

12. flatblak51

flatblak51

opossum, in a 41 stud.

13. Edsel Racing

Edsel Racing
    from Georgia

In the rumble seat of one of my Grandfathers cars we found an old ammo can with letters from his brother during ww2 as well as old report cards that were his and my grandmas, there was a little bit of everything in that can. In the bumper of my first Edsel I found an old glass marble, it still rides in the ashtray.

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Just got back from the junk yard. They had a row of new cars in. One had been in a really bad wreck and was mangled to the point that I couldn't identify it. Still had the "biohazzard" police tape on it, so someone died in it...

You dont want to know what I found in it! :eek:
    But I'm pretty sure the original owner wont be needing it anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Yuck!

15. ragtop35

ragtop35

My girlfriend in the back seat one night, a long time ago, a very long time ago.

16. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

Found some old Newark drive-in movie tickets in the 39 coupe while tearing out the interior... Found a family of mice in the A tearing out the interior!

17. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Found a whole string (12) of new rubbers (Condoms to you youngsters), under the back seat of a '61 Chev Bubbletop from KY. (no you can't have them back).
    Bought a nice running '61 Pontiac 4 dr. in PA. and tried to sell it for $900 in 1990, but no takers so started stripping it out to sell parts. Found out that the WHOLE FRONT END (incl the BUMPER) WAS ALUMINUM!!!!!!!!!! Called the previous owner and he said it was wrecked years ago and a local garage fixed it with the front end off a car they found in a junk yard! Junk yard crushed the remains after that of a 1961 Pontiac Lightweight SUPER DUTY! This is a true story verified by my friend who spotted the car and the person I sold it to later.

18. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Tom, I need them rubbers back. The family reunion is comming up next week, and we dont need no more inbred family members.

It's a Kentucky thing, you wouldn't understand. :D

19. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Darryl & Darryl, Are you one of those "Super-Surfers" that hangs 10 on a shithouse door going across the Ohio River?
    I pulled a WHOLE LOT of cars out of KY around Berea such as a '63 Lightweight Galaxie, a '61 SS/409/4speed Convert and an "R" '67 Fairlane. Tom

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

KOWABUNGA Y'ALL

[​IMG]

21. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

A caddy air cleaner in an old ford pick up. And a Chapman tiger lock locking cresent wrench in with a buch of triumph pats I bought.

22. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

Found a nice book of matches under the rear seat of my 64 impala from an old dinner in arkansas. The matches were dated in 1964.

23. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

A guy gave me a wrecked '55 packard that My brother wanted for the windshield. There was a lot of junk in the trunk and when i cleaned it i found the disassembled engine from the car. Big trunk. That engine is now in my Vega.

24. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

A pack of unused condoms

25. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

3600.00 in cash. all 100 dollar bills. stripper auction truck, paid 275.00 for it.

26. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Was looking for chrome lighters and opened a ashtray in a chow truck.
    180.00 rolled up fell out jumped back real fast was thinking it was a wasp nest.

27. autobilly

autobilly

Oown Blueberry Hill, rite?:D

28. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

A friend took his son-in-laws car to the bank to sell to a guy and while waiting for the guy to come out of the bank with the cash, looked through the glove compartment to see if his son-in-law left anything in it. Found an envelope with $9,000.00 in cash he had forgot to deposit over a month ago!

29. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

In a 1968 Chrysler 300 I got off my wife's grandfather I found a 1969 calendar from a drugstore under the rear seat. In the glove box I found a ticket that was dated 1970 and said "This certifies that this car has completed one lap of the Indianapolis Speedway." My wife's family live near Indy. I also found in the trunk a pair of chrome license plate frames new in the manilla paper with instructions on how to install them. I kept the calendar and license plate frames but I let the Indy speedway ticket go with the car when I sold it.

Also found some old Plymouth Hubcap that I haven't identified yet.

Update! I did some digging and the hubcap was from a 53 Plymouth car.

I also got the glove box open on the 52 last night and found 2 broken wrenches, a brass money clip with a pegasus on it, a couple of keys, the lock for the trunk, and the window crank I was missing! Score!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009