Register now to get rid of these ads!

The oddest car body, engine combination you've ever done,seen,been in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rixrex, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma70tt

ma70tt

completely o/t but i have run a performance/fab shop for 10+ years and the craziest one so far was a '99 hyndai accent fresh off the dealer lot that we put a fully built ls/vtec turbo honda motor into, that was @ '99-'00. was pretty cool when we got done and fast as f*ck! @ 350 whp and 1800lbs

2. LabRat

LabRat

Here's a V8 Mighty boy Moondog ......

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKzp1VvG1Eg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

3. Karrera

Karrera

How about a bug eye Sprite with a Pontiac 389 V-8 in it? A friend of mine did that engine swap back in the early 1970s.

4. LabRat

LabRat

An a Bagged V8 Lada Niva ....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEGKkUGECxU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEGKkUGECxU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. caceo

caceo

Not so much different but damn quick... a Hillman Imp with a worked 1600cc. Datsun motor mounted midships.....man, could that thing handle.....!!

6. 55chevr

55chevr

in 1964 I built and drove a 1960 Plymouth Valiant with a Corvette 327 / 4 speed / 56 Chevy rear with 488 posi ... sure could leave a lot of rubber. Joe

7. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

1955 Studebaker Commander coupe with 56 Hawk front nose, whole car shortened 11 inches to fit a late 50's Jag frame, 3.5 dual OH cam, 4 speed, dual exhaust, knock off Jag wire wheels, and the Jag dash!

Attached Files:

8. There was a Allison powered 65 Malibu in Hot Rod magazine quite a few years ago. Looked like a nice street car until you realized the drive sat about midway in the interior and there was a huge v-12 in front of him.
    there's a couple of motorcycles out there with radial aviation engines. You know the big round ones. On one bike the engine faces forwards. The other the engine is sideways. Pretty wild looking

9. GlenC

GlenC

In the 60's a bloke I knew bought a 33-34 Ford coupe to build a hotrod out of. It was 4 banger powered, and he wanted to use the warm Y block out of his 56 Customline sedan to power the coupe, but still needed a daily driver until he'd finshed the build.

The old 4 banger went fine, so he put it in the Customline and drove it like that for ages!

Cheers, Glen.

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I put a olds toronado front clip under a 58 GMC half ton, mated a 350 SBC to it and made the front end tilt. Put the toronado rear axle under it too. Never took any pics of it so I guess there is no proof. IT was way too low and I wasnt happy with it so i sold all the toronado stuf and put the GMC on a 73 PU frame with the same SBC. My X wife kept me out in the shop a lot back then.

11. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

back around 1969 when i got out of the service a guy that hung around my friends gas station [new hyde park cheveron , long island] built this for the street .... an opel cadet with a boxed steel frame powered by a bbc 427 ... car was hinged and flipped up like a funney car .. was driven
    to drag strip [westhampton] and ran mid 10's and driven home .. gave me a ride and did a wheel right on hillside ave in front of gas station ..wish i had a picture .. bob

12. toxictom

toxictom

volkswagen golf with jetengine and daytona rear wing...!and helicopter ejection seat...you don`t know how fast these thing will go....;)

Attached Files:

• jet.jpg
      jet.jpg
      File size:
      125.4 KB
      Views:
    • jet1.jpg
      jet1.jpg
      File size:
      132.1 KB
      Views:
    • jet2.jpg
      jet2.jpg
      File size:
      128.5 KB
      Views:
  13. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

'38 Chevy sedan with a slant 6.

14. I was at Performance World car show in Toronto and saw a jet engined dune buggy. Least ways thats what it looked like....

15. retromotors

retromotors

Well, crazy backyard builder beat me to the punch posting this Vespa, but here's a few more angles on it.

Just your basic li'l grocery getter.

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think someone may have swapped out the engine.;)

Attached Files:

16. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

If I'm correct here, that would have been Rod Hadfield's '55 Chev. Rod is an Aussie who built the car to comply with Austrlia's very stringent laws concerning any modifications to automobiles. Rod was determined that the car be street legal! And it was. After he had shown it for a while here in the States, he sold it to someone, I bekieve, up in the Seattle area.

Rod's cars are always pushing the envelope, but this one was even further out there than can be believed.

If I'm wrong, blame it on old age an senility...

17. rixrex

rixrex

Still kicking myself dept..a friend of my Dads said the XKE roadster out by the barn is yours if you want it, I felt guilty and came back two weeks later with $600 I had saved up knowing it was worth something, and he said "I meant for you to haul it off and its already gone"! It was a beautiful little wire-wheeled roadster light blue with a darkblue top and it had a Ford six-cyl innit that looked great!...Dammit

18. rixrex

rixrex

I want you guys to know that I started this thread talking about a high school project with my buddy Mark about putting an Edsel 361 V/8 into a Jag XK120 roadster..The guy in California that has the car now saw the post and wrote me about its progress over 40 yrs. later!! that my friends is the power and majesty of the HAMB!

19. 6narow

6narow

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Ha!
    Cute. :D

If the lambo was for real, I'd probably buy one! :eek:

21. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

A guy pulls into my buddy's shop inquiring if he had headers for his mid 80's Monte Carlo. He isn't sure what motor is in the car so we go look. It's got a 348 in it........

22. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

23. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr
    from Houston

24. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Blown 4cyl. Pacer @ the Street Machine Nationals in 77 or 78...

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

in the early nineties i had an 81 honda civic i put a datsun 240 z inline six in,converted it to rear wheel drive using the datsun rear end shortened and a shortened driveshaft. some people might remember it in the atlanta area back then little white car looked like a mini cooper almost,but it was usually hauling ass. :D looked almost bone stock, i lost a wife over that project though. :mad: was jeleous of her mistress.

26. LabRat

LabRat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flathead in a Falcon ....

27. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr
    from Houston

Do newer cars count too?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Porsche has an LS1 with Vortec V1 supercharger, methanol injected, and A/C. The entire setup weighs 35lbs less than the original Porsche setup and makes gobs more power than the original motor.

Because of the weight being near equal, no suspension modifications were needed to accomodate the faster motor. So, the car handles just the same as before, only faster.

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thats insane. :D.but how is he cooling it?

29. LabRat

LabRat

Look closer , the rad. is in the whale tail ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.