Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

Found it by chance years ago when Ryan still had the pie crust slick logo. Had it bookmarked but computer crashed and lost it. Found it again when I was looking for a replacement front crossmember, lurked for years, then finally joined officially. House and work have taken priority lately, so I have to limit HAMB time (it gets addictive, you know). It's still my favorite place to visit, and I try to check in weekly -at least to get my Art Show fix.

2. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr
    from Houston

Someone posted a link to the HAMB on my site and thats how I found this place.

3. hotrod_guy

hotrod_guy
    from CA

I watched a show about 2009 SEMA and they were interviewing Chris Jacobs who was talking about the HAMB. Thought I would check it out. I have deleted my "Facebook". This is more fun!!

4. elrobo818

elrobo818

pfft... i dont remember... i'm a fng... just joined a few months ago too... ha! damn my short term memory...

im sure i saw it on a link somewhere? or google? iono...

any way im here now.... spend some time (a lot) lookin thru the entire site tryin to find somethings that would be useful for my 52 ford (hint)

gettin to know some people...

and learning a whole lotta shit about cars...

im truly greatful for the hamb and for the hot rod gods that brought this website 'cross my path

5. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Word of mouth if you talk to guys at shows they say check the hamb.I have found you can find the answer to any question you may have.The only answer I can't find is how to get rich fast.

6. Bryan

Bryan

i remember looking at a links page many years ago, there was a blurb at the bottom of the page that said something to the effect of "Please don't suggest to us linking to "The Jalopy Journal" we don't want anything to do with those people." So naturally, I had to find out what the Jalopy Journal was.

7. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Buckle was really the first one to introduce me to the HAMB. And yes I plan to stay since really I am just getting into it all.

8. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

One day I went in a port a jon and saw www.thehamb.com on the wall. JC

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  9. Lightning 55

Lightning 55

I found this site a few years ago when searching for a specific question about Ramjet 350s. Came across it now and again when questions came up. Finally decided it was time to stop lurking and join the crowd!

10. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

A buddy told me about this place. I love the fact that if you have a question about: what's traditional, mechanical issues, bodywork, farication, etc...- There is someone with an answer! Way cool!!! This is an awesome resource and a cool community of gearheads. Plus, I find out what's going on in my area and around the world.

11. 69fury

69fury

when i did any kind of internet search regarding the automotive issues i deal with their is ALWAYS a HAMB post in the top 3 results. I thought "who the hell ARE these guys?" glad i signed up.

12. Every time I would do an information search on the web I'd wind up here and what I would find was good stuff, so one day last year I registered and found more good stuff inside.

13. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

I'm not an FNG now, so all you smartasses before you start just stow it already lol
    I found it by word of mouth from the youngrodderz bulletin board. I was new on there even and they said this was the biggest one so I figured hell i'll checkem out. I've gotten beat around some here and there but everyones stopped using me as a whipping post now........but scars are still there.....and they still hurt just that little bit......

lmao
    1shot

14. kickercompkid_99

kickercompkid_99
    from Carson, WA

I had a 43 dodge pickup that was built from just about one or two of every part from every vehicle ever made, and found a guy with a 29 model a that wanted to trade for it. I've always wanted an A so after I threw in a brand new set of white walls the deal was struck. Before I started tearing into it I asked around about a good place to get information and help and a buddy steered me toward the HAMB. Never before I have a found a place with as much knowledge and camaraderie between members, everyone on here is a master of something and am proud to be in contact with such great people who still believe a quality car is built with hard work, and a set of hands instead of plastic and robots. I applaud you all!

15. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

I've been a regular on Hotrodders bulletin board for a few years. I often search the net for oddball stuff like my Divcos and three wheel trucks. I came here so often I decided to join because I wanted to contact other owners. Been here for about a month now... cool site

16. Claych

Claych
    from Ca.

So.... let me get this correct, on this board I am a FNG, however I am
    a 3'rd gen wrench (whose G Paw worked on steam powered farm machinery)

I came here to learn.... because this is the place to learn ( "steeped" as it were) in the roots of the hot rod spirit.

no Disrespect intended, a quote came to mind...
    "America is all about Speed, Hot Nasty Speed... (Elanor Roosevelt)

#2 Son recently asked me "Hey dad, would it be blasphemy to put
    a nail head in a 37 Ford ?

See the thing here is for some folks it would be, for others it would be
    cool, alas I digress.

Point being (apologies Ryan/ admin) #2 son is A FNG,

BUT he is 50 yrs on in the cycle of hot rods and has no desire
    to build a techno plasticine lump.

17. car toon

car toon

I kept seeing reference pics from this site, posted by members of other sites I am a member of. I finally decided to join what turns out to be a potentially humongous time hole! I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.:D

18. Mooseman

Mooseman

I have been a member for a while but havent many posts under my belt . This place moves so quick I find it hard to post very often , but hopefully will eventually post alot more and become part of the furniture . I found out about this place through other forum members who are friends of mine .

19. well it all started when i was 10...........left hotrodding alone in 90s as i didnt like where this new crap was going and rediscovered that the style i like was cool in 2000. brought bucket project, joined club............knew about the hamb for years, never looked @ it, got net on this year, put hamb into google, had quick look & joined. got lots to learn, dont mind makin mistakes as thats offen a good way to learn. im here to stick around unless i get myself kicked off or computer blows up. im not much of a lurker, if im into something, then i give it as much as i can. the hamb rocks!

20. Looking on Metal meet and read about the HAMB this and that had a look for a while before i signed up.
    I love this place.:D

21. smittystoys

smittystoys

I had two different buddies tell me about the hamb ........now my wife and kids complain to me because they say i hog the computer ......

22. 30roadster

30roadster

I read an article in street rodder covering ...I believe...the second annual Lonestar Roundup. The article mentioned the Kontinentals and the HAMB...I checked out the HAMB and was hooked in about 3 seconds...

23. chevy3755

chevy3755

I believe I found you on the Metalshapers Group....planning to stay if I dont get flamed to bad..................Tremendous amount of information here.......Very talented group of guys...........

24. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

I was lookin' for a site that I could get some love for my Honda powered, front wheel drive, fiberglass T-Bucket Rat Rod project. :)

Actually I don't remember how I found this place, but very happy that I did. The wealth of information that can be found is unbelievable, and the quality of the BS is the best available. Not to mention the hours of enjoyment when the person doing the BS is called out by one of the "kinder" members.

25. topls41

topls41

I found the H.A.M.B. through links on websites for companies that sell hot rod parts.

Lots of interesting info here!

26. hotrod_guy

hotrod_guy
    from CA

That's funny! I have been searching for the very same answer for years!

27. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

I just came to the hamb while surfin the web one day, and i am planning on staying. This is a great site although you better have thick skin because you well get rolled in here!

28. bwj

bwj
    from michigan

My dad and I been on here for about 5 years now.We found out about hamb from a friend and we just cann't get off this web site.My dad is on here for hours at a time.I just learn how to post shit on here and stilling learning on how to post pictures here.The best web site for true HOT RODS!

29. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

A few guys at work told me about it. I kind of knew it was around, just didn't get over here until recently. I should have come over long ago, would have saved some headaches.

Mark

30. rust rejuvinator

rust rejuvinator
    from Hialeah FL

Found it on Google looking for tech info.