Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Y'all.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by B-Man, Jul 18, 2006.

1. B-Man

B-Man

I tried to introduce myself last night, but it didn't work. Let's try it again.

My name is Brandon and I am from Montgomery, AL. I have built a little of everything from muscle cars and trucks to 4x4's and bikes. I never thought I would have the opportunity to build a "real" hot rod. But when the chance came my way to pick up a '46 Ford truck I jumped in with both feet. While looking around for info on some of the mods I had in mind, this message board kept popping up. After lurking for about a month, I just had to join. There is way too much good stuff here to pass it up.

I have a ton of questions and some that are really burning, but I will get around to those. My biggest one is pretty simple, so I may wait till I have a more technical question so I don't come across as a total newbie.

Enough about me for now.

2. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

You say your from montgomery Al thats not far from me

Welcome to the HAMB

Tyler

3. B-Man

B-Man

Cool. Hey neighbor. What part of GA is Calhoun? I'll be in the West Point area in a couple of weeks.

Vintage built rods haven't really caught on here. We're still burdened with lots of billet and 5-star wheels. I think we have a "street rod club", and I think the same 5 cars have been in it for years.

4. Gumpa

Gumpa

Welcome and feel free to ask questions. You may catch a little flack but then again we all do. It is just like any other family scene, There has to be the but of every joke and we all have to take it. Don't ever let it get to you just look at this place as the perfect haven from Reality. Gumpa

5. Watch out talking about what's burning - this may be the wrong message board for that!

Just kidding; welcome to the HAMB!

-bill

6. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Welcome B-Man
    you wouldn't happen to have a bodyshop and had some drag racing cars in the past would you ?

7. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, B-man,

I've been here in Montgomery for about 10 years, transplanted from N.C. Welcome to the HAMB!

Yeah, I'm a member of the Capital City Street Rods, and that pretty much is the car scene here, along with the Mustang, Old VW's, Corvette, and GM High Perfomance clubs. Many of the guys (40+ members) in the street rod club are around 60+, with one or two rods or projects, but only a few traditional type rides.

One guy has a black primered '40 Ford Convertable, and another has a '41 Plymouth in rust primer w/ a hemi and no hood - he's had it on the road that way for 10 or 15 years. There's a younger guy I met this year who has a bitchin' '56 Chevy, primer, pinstripes, Moon discs, and Mexican blankets. Sweet.

The local cruise-in is this weekend, Saturday, at Flip's burger joint, on the corner of Vaughn & Taylor Rd. @ 6:00pm.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome Kinky6. I own a 46 Ford PU also. And I want to say it's nice to see someone who knows the correct way to spell y'all.

9. B-Man

B-Man

Thanks guys,
    I feel welcome now.
    Let's see. No, I have never owned a body shop. That would be cool though, except that I hate doing body work. Love to paint - hate to sand.
    Yeah Kinky, I used to be in the Mustang club. That got old. I liked driving mine and making it go faster instead of wiping it with a diaper and screaming at every kid that breathed on it wrong. I may have to come check out the cruise in and see what new cars are out there. I remember the Hemi car. I always loved that one. I used to go when they had it at the Bruno's on Atlanta Hwy. And after that, at the Sonic restaurants.

10. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

Hey B-Man, I'm fairly new to the HAMB myself. Welcome, and thanks to you and Kinky 6 for what Y'all said about about my Hemi car, I've been in the Capital City Club since about 1980. We need more cars and trucks like ours in the club!!!

11. rat29

rat29
    from California