Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ryan and Marcie on TV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbroadster, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

Damn Ryans hobby makes him too much money!

2. James Boys

James Boys
    from London ONT

As the saying goes "A happy wife is a happy life"......nice place Ryan!

3. My tank and I were on some TV hot rod show but I don't have a TV so I never saw it . That way I don't feel like a dork and I can pretend I came off like Bond , James Bond . It was taped at Good Guys Del Mar same as the photo in the avatar .

4. rbroadster

rbroadster

Ryan,

Sorry for this thread if it was out of place. I just saw a glimpse at the beginning and asked AJ (F-Bomb) "Hey, is that guy's computer got the HAMB pulled up?!". Just then Marcie popped up and I had to watch.

I think it went great and you did fine. You didn't look nearly as miserable as you did at the Cinematic last year. I take it things went much more smoothly with the TV show.

Again, sorry to any and all who feel this thread shouldn't have been started.

- RBR

5. coop31

coop31

I had a chance to meet Ryan at the Hot Rod Cinematic last year and he is a really cool guy even with all the mishaps that happened that weekend. He has some killer ideas about the whole hobby. Way to go Ryan and Marcie - life is good.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

7. Someone should name their next car project the ZESTER.

8. Yeah... Canadian content laws seem to fudge everything up over there eh? :eek:

TLC was probably showing some Celine Dion home tour or something (hehe).

9. Marcie Cochran

Marcie Cochran
    Event Coordinator

Okay, so I have to defend myself here! There is no way I would push Ryan into doing a TV show! It was actually the HAMB that brought the show to us. One of the camera guys on the show is a big Hamber, Ozzie from Miami. He knew the show was going to be filming its next season in Austin and asked us if we wanted to be on.

Together we thought it would be a fun experience. You guys make me sound awful!!!

10. did anybody utube it????????????

11. Just for the record Marcie... I never blamed you :D

Besides... I thought it would kickass to have a group of people come in and do something like that in my house. Are there any basement remodeling mavens? (hehe)

12. So, I was at a car show, with the Caddy, pitching for the young man who did our paint, when I get a frantic call from Vicki babbling something about the HMFWIC of traditional hotrod hoodlums, worldwide, on TV on some show featuring draperies.
    I said, "Say it isn't so!!! That would jeopardize his he man image!" I just got home and what do I find but this thread.

I did watch the clip and it's not as bad as I imagined. Both are smiling, the kids are happy, and the house is nice.

And, there is HAMB swag in evidence so since it is said that any advertising is good advertising, I'd say all's well.
    Sometimes you just gotta do it!
    Congrats on the newfound fame Marcie and Ryan.
    BTW, Marcie looks like she has her hand in the cookie jar!!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  13. I would love to see what they would do with my shop and studio.
    Ryan and Marcie, nice job.
    So, what's next? Ryan making a pot of Chili on Emerill's show?

14. 61TBird

61TBird

There's no need to "defend" yourself.
    I'm sorry I missed the episode!
    I did see the clip they have on the website and it looks like any other show that's been filmed for the masses.

When you open up your home like that,you worry how it's going to be edited and how you "look" or stress out because you think your house is messy.
    Now that the episode has aired and you're getting feedback,I hope it's all positive.

15. Marcie Cochran

Marcie Cochran
    Event Coordinator

BTW - After seeing ourselves on TV we've been dying of embarrassment all day!

16. I just watched it...Nice house, cool office. Congrats

17. havi

havi

There's not much worse than seeing yourself on tv singing karaoke American Idol style, lol. I missed the show. Dang. (no I was not on AI)

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Missed the show, watched the short clip. Marcie and Ryan should be proud of the show. If you get another chance at another show do it.

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cool show..........and Jen was wondering about your Crab dip recipe......I was waiting for someone to ask what HAMB stood for on all the shirts and product that they had in pretty much every shot..........funny thing is that I can bet that TLC has never had this many "Guys" watch TLC on a Saturday.

Chris

20. Ozzie

Ozzie

Ryan, Marcie
    We are in COLD DC shooting another episode and stopped for bit to watch the episode, everyone loved it and some of the folks you met were commenting on how well you both did and how natural you were. And I'm glad so many of the Hamb items made the cut. Thanks again for being part of what many of us think is our best episode in a long time. We'll be in DC for another 5 weeks, then Raleigh, NC for 6 weeks... Any Hamb families out there want to apply??????

21. Looked good "boss" and "mrs. boss"! Now we've had "Scary Larry" and "the Cochrane's" on Home show's, anyone else? Did anyone ever own up to the "Tyra Banks,HAMBer episode"?:eek:

22. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I only got to see the "teaser" on the website, but I don't know why you'd be embarrassed. It looked like you and Ryan did a great job! I just wish I could see the whole thing.

23. I will say it once again......HAMB Total World Domination!

Marcie, Ryan....congrats. We dont have TV out here in the sticks but love to hear of pals that make the 15 minute mark!

24. Oh no! I think you came off great! I yelled at my wife to watch it,and she actually saw the whole thing. The house looked great and Ryan,your cars made for perfect background props...

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I thought you guys were fine but the twit with dark dark brown hair was giggling like she was a drunk 15 year old girl. She was sort of annoying. But I thought you guys looked like you were having fun and the house looks awesome.

I can't wait to see you guys on a renovation show when you start that spare garage/office.:D

26. You guys did great. My wife watches these kind of shows 24/7 so I have "accidentally" watched a lot of em myself =) . In my opinion the hosts weren't that great. Maybe they were fine in person...just didnt come off very professionally for being on a TV show. I definatly wouldnt tune in to watch it again.

Ive seen Ryan before but never his family. You got a great combo in Marcie, smart and a looker...woot!!! Plus you have a couple of cute kiddos. Looks like you are doing everything right down there and living the dream...Congrats!!

27. When is the re-run playing?

28. wvenfield

wvenfield

I just got to see the preview clip. Don't take any of the razzing serious. That's pretty cool. Good for you all.

29. helmsville

helmsville

nice looking family! car's are ok too.

30. This is some funny stuff. Congrats on the opportunity. Now if only I got cable tv.

BTW Marcie, I wouldn't sweat the comments, just male bravado... praise in a macho way. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.